"Every generation needs a revolution..."

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

"Every generation needs a revolution..."

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Who of you would actually stand up and speak out about the wrongdoings of your country/government?
I wish people wouldn't be so apathetic these days... people are too glued to Xbox Live and TV (Hey, i am too but..) to actually voice an opinion, should they even have one.
I'm eager for a day when i can stand by fellow people to speak out against the bullshit our current societies have wrought. We need a change, you all recognise this, but.. it's not something you can really go it alone for. I have a few friends who say they would stand by me for revolution, although the talk is rarely walked. Even still, a few random people on a street one day wont do much.

How many of you would stand up, for whatever reason you choose, and protest your government until you see action?
"The people shouldn't be afraid of their government. A government should be afraid of their people."
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Re: "Every generation needs a revolution..."

Post by andriaSRH » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:54 pm

I'm down dood.

BURN DOWN THE HOT TOPIC.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:30 pm

I don't protest because I have nothing to protest against...

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by zERo~Chronic » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:48 am

My personal form of protest lies in choosing not to obey laws I don't agree with...(obvious ex. smoking weed)

if I could get in on some massive organized protest with a real chance of moving something, you best believe I'd be making catchy signs and molotov cocktails in no time. Unfortunately it seems to me unlikely for such a revolution, most people are just way too comfortable.

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:31 am

zERo~Chronic wrote:My personal form of protest lies in choosing not to obey laws I don't agree with...(obvious ex. smoking weed)
I agree with this. I just don't get caught breaking laws I don't like. In my area, weed and psychedelics don't really matter to police unless the cop just really doesn't like someone or if it's in a large quantity. Obviously, you don't smoke in front of cops if you value your freedom, but at the same time I doubt many would do anything. To this day, I don't recall myself ever having any trouble with police. Not even so much as a traffic ticket.
zERo~Chronic wrote:if I could get in on some massive organized protest with a real chance of moving something, you best believe I'd be making catchy signs and molotov cocktails in no time. Unfortunately it seems to me unlikely for such a revolution, most people are just way too comfortable.
Not this, however. Molotovs hurt very much (I was a pretty wild kid). Catchy signs hurt even more.

In short: no, I wouldn't. If America gets too bad, I'll just go somewhere else. I realize not everyone has this option, though.

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:54 am

zERo~Chronic wrote:My personal form of protest lies in choosing not to obey laws I don't agree with...(obvious ex. smoking weed)
I also agree with this.. also how I feel.
Robert Heinlein wrote:I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
I follow the morals I alone deem just and fair..
Problem with that.. I been thinking recently.. pretend something massively crazy goes down, maybe like katrina in new orleans, but bigger, where there isn't a functioning central authority capable of dealing with the massive looting and that.. would you still stick by your morals, if you knew that no one would catch you for anything?

If i was in a riot... i would love to see destruction, but in all reality i wouldn't, because like the riots in london, you go to the streets with vandalism, you're really just hurting your local economy and generally small business types, and they don't usually cause the problems...
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:55 pm

I would, but i'm afraid to say that many people in this world love to speak out for their views but when it comes time to stand behind them, they cower. The vast, vast majority of people (in my experience) are pussyholes who do not stand up for what they believe in, they just go along with every day life accepting what they are told, fed, paid etc...
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by zERo~Chronic » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:The vast, vast majority of people (in my experience) are pussyholes who do not stand up for what they believe in, they just go along with every day life accepting what they are told, fed, paid etc...

QFT

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Weedguru_Falkon wrote:
I also agree with this.. also how I feel.
Robert Heinlein wrote:I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
I follow the morals I alone deem just and fair..
Problem with that.. I been thinking recently.. pretend something massively crazy goes down, maybe like katrina in new orleans, but bigger, where there isn't a functioning central authority capable of dealing with the massive looting and that.. would you still stick by your morals, if you knew that no one would catch you for anything?

If i was in a riot... i would love to see destruction, but in all reality i wouldn't, because like the riots in london, you go to the streets with vandalism, you're really just hurting your local economy and generally small business types, and they don't usually cause the problems...
I'd get my loot on, but I'd just go home afterwards.

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:29 pm

I wouldn't riot or loot. Probably hard to believe, but I'm not a very material person.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Ah Falkon, I've been trying to mobilize people to stand up against this machine we are all a part of.

Unfortunately giving up their known cozy lives is too big a step for most people, so they yell things from their couch without actually doing anything.

I'm working on my own political party, I have a long way to go (being diplomatic, not burning a fuse every five seconds...) but the day will come that I'm elected into the senate and man, things'll change:p
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:19 pm

maybe you'll go down in history as the one who finally brought Belgium together as one whole nation, or the one who fucked things up and let it divide?

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Who knows ?

If anything when I'm in charge politicians will make much less money, will be able to stay in office for a maximum of ten years rather than for life and cannot be older than 45 to make sure that the people that are in charge remain connected to the common man in the street.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by zERo~Chronic » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:10 pm

WeedGuru_Flow wrote:cannot be older than 45 to make sure that the people that are in charge remain connected to the common man in the street.

because only young people affect the world....i don't think it would be smart to sacrifice wisdom for a connection to the "common man"

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:37 am

yeah.. that whole 45 thing is probably the worst idea you can do for a government system. You need a balance, young AND the old. Younger people don't have the wisdom as zero said and they are more geared towards the present time. Most of the time, the older you get, the bigger the picture you see.
Peace Not Greed.