"Every generation needs a revolution..."

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Re: "Every generation needs a revolution..."

Post by pkkupo » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:26 am

^I see it differently, and of course much more ambiguously... From my experience and observation, people over 45 are not necessarily wiser or more big picture oriented. (nor are those that are under the age of 45) The thing I've noticed about interacting with older people ( 45 seems a bit too young to be considered old though) is that they seem to have more natural and therefore more acute propensities toward tradition and established methods and policies (unless they are of flagrant detriment) whether or not there is a more progressive, and potentially optimum solution. Generally speaking, Old people are notoriously less likely to take risks, whether they be social/physical/political, or otherwise. Which is why the very same balance that Spri7e suggested is the only thing that (were it possible) makes sense. Because ultimately, there will never be a proper balance of rational individual perspectives in any branch of government, because they are, after all, individuals. And they are predominantly elected on a basis of specific opinions heard by the masses while atop a platform designed for public re-affirmation of their subjective views and for frenzied comradeship. And the candidates justifications for their privilege to have such a stage varies greatly. (because after all, they are imperfect individuals, like the rest of us. And if there's one this I've learned about humans, (especially politicians, because of their wide spread and enthusiastic support of those who think they have similar interests) it is that the more they acquire (in any form) the more deserving they feel of their support and the more they believe what they preach... Such is the nature of us retarded ass humans...

The specifics of what is "preached" being; opinions concerning any number of particular topics. People rarely vote for an individual (and understandably so) on the basis of character judgement, which might include things like logical reasoning, patience and the lack of rash behavior, true empathy for commoners, objective observation and surveillance of problematic issues and conflict, humility, and overall mental strength and intelligence because debates and speaches never include a scenario that a common citizen has enough knowledge to be able to make an even partially sensical plan of action concerning the subject if it were necessary... Now, obviously, finding such a person who can seems damn near impossible... Even less possible, finding an entire congress full of these people... I'm going to conclude that, taking into account the nature (which includes much ignorance {myself included}) of mass quantities of subjective perspectives that are voting to elect these government officials, and the general facade that is ubiquitous (on varying levels of course) among government representatives, it is far beyond astronomically improbable that anything resembling real balance of power or dialectics will ever exist in any national government system. Thus, it is naught but chaotic folly to discuss the possibility of a balanced system. (Revolutionaries or not) Similarly, it is also equally as fruitless and nonsensically cynical (and simultaneously overly optimistic) to talk about a revolution in the current state of the USA. History tells many stories of necessary and just revolution. Compared to the state of the majority of those individuals in those countries on the crux on revolution, we are living in paradise. Rome, with its psychotic emperors who murdered, raped and burned millions of roman citizens for years before enough bravery and hatred was summoned to revolt and kill the emperor and others in his consul.(so many of them). China, whose citizens were effectively slaves for years before a
revolution, France, (who wallowed in their own shit and suffered and died in a thick miasma for years before the revolution....

-Now is not the time for revolution. We are doing fine, and we do not have the means, justification or mass motivation to engage the government in such an extreme conflict. The risks, by FAR, outweigh the potential gains... Concerning nations of our scale, inequality will always accompany harmony.

Give it another century or so, when the problems exponentiate to the pinnacle of acceptable well-being due to the brink of shortages of natural resources and an overage of humans (If those motherfuckers don't figure out that there are far too few resources of all kinds for what it takes to sustain such a population...) right before the inevitable slow, steady tumble into poverty and ultimately, chaos and anarchy... When gasoline and food for a week cost more than a respectable middle class individual can make in a month, then we revolt. Because that is when we have the motivation as a population. When we are willing to use what means we have to destroy corrupt, inhumane and unjust rulers.

I do believe, of course, that everyone concerned should do what is within their power to know the state of the governing and their fellow citizens at all times... if you give a shit about the future... i haven't decided if I do yet... But I have time. :)
Last edited by pkkupo on Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:29 am

Kupo you are the king of textwalls, a few more of those and you could make a textcastle.

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by zERo~Chronic » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:13 am

pkkupo wrote:^I see it differently, and of course much more ambiguous... From my experience and observation, people over 45 are not necessarily wiser or more big picture oriented. (nor are those that are under the age of 45) The thing I've noticed about interacting with older people ( 45 seems a bit too young to be considered old though) is that they seem to have more natural and therefore more acute propensities toward tradition and established methods and policies (If they are not of detriment) whether or not there is a more progressive, and potentially optimum solution. Generally speaking, Old people are notoriously less likely to take risks, whether they be social/physical/political, or otherwise. Which is why the very same balance that Spri7e suggested is the only thing that makes sense. Because ultimately, there will never be a proper balance of individuals in any branch of government, because they are, after all, individuals. And they are predominantly elected on a basis of specifics. Those being opinions concerning any number of particular topics. People rarely vote for and individual (and understandably so) on the basis of character judgement, which might include things like logical reasoning, patience and the lack of rash behavior, true empathy for commoners, objective observation and surveillance of problematic issues and conflict, humility, and overall mental strength and intelligence. Now, obviously, finding such a person seems damn near impossible... Even less possible, finding an entire congress full of these people... I'm going to conclude that, taking into account the nature (and in many cases ignorance) of mass quantities of subjective perspectives that are voting to elect these government officials, and the general facade that is ubiquitous (on varying levels of course) among government representatives, it is far beyond astronomically improbable that anything resembling balance or dialectics will ever exist in any national government system. Thus, it is naught but chaotic folly to discuss the possibility of a balanced system. Similarly, it is also equally as fruitless and non-nonsensically cynical (and simultaneously overly optimistic) to talk about a revolution in the current state of the USA. History tells many stories of necessary and just revolution. Compared to the state of the majority of those individuals in those countries on the crux on revolution, we are living in paradise. Rome, with its psychotic emperors who murdered, raped and burned millions of roman citizens for years before enough bravery and hatred was summoned to revolt and kill the emperor and others in his consul.(so many of them). China, whose citizens were effectively slaves for years before a revolution, France, (who wallowed in their own shit and suffered and died in a thick miasma for years before the revolution....

-Now is not the time for revolution. We are doing fine.

That was waaaay too many words to tell us to shut up. You shut up. Forums are for talking about stuff, however fruitless it may be.

With that being said....i mostly agree with this series of unnecessarily large words
I'm going to conclude that, taking into account the nature (and in many cases ignorance) of mass quantities of subjective perspectives that are voting to elect these government officials, and the general facade that is ubiquitous (on varying levels of course) among government representatives, it is far beyond astronomically improbable that anything resembling balance or dialectics will ever exist in any national government system.
i believe the word 'ever' is too strong though, i have a light of faith for the human race in the distant, distant future

pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by pkkupo » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:24 am

^Nope. We'll get shittier. Bet my Xbox on it.

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by zERo~Chronic » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:27 am

pkkupo wrote:^Nope. We'll get shittier. Bet my Xbox on it.

i like to feel that the evolution of human consciousness will not allow this.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:29 am

is everybody all into the new age stuff now? cause i mean turning into a giant super jesus sounds cool and all... but i really doubt thatll happen, although what little i know of sacred geometry is pretty damn cool.

pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by pkkupo » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:45 am

Super Jesus? Sacred Geometry?... i don't know about any of that... i just can't help but think that even if humans are genetically predisposed to become more rational in the grand scheme of their overall survival methods, we wont have enough time to see that period of enlightenment. I'm basing that guess on current supply/demand.... As well as the fact that even smart people are retarded. THEN, you've got all these legit retards you have to feed and shit... LOL. I don't give a fuck.....

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:49 am

im too baked to make sense of tha tpost.

basically i read that post about evolving consciousness and saw a post that mentioned sacred geometry and automatically assumed New Age had become much more popular than i had ever imagined it could.

and yes they believe over 3 days of night we will become 7 foot tall super jesus's

pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by pkkupo » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:05 am

Tight, so we'll probably have a key to Jahova's indented, velvet, fuck pool of orgies.

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by zERo~Chronic » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:05 am

Bubbles wrote:and yes they believe over 3 days of night we will become 7 foot tall super jesus's

sound like a pretty solid plan to me.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:07 am

does this mean i win?

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by zERo~Chronic » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:09 am

Bubbles wrote:does this mean i win?
no. legitimate discussion must resume.

pkkupo wrote:As well as the fact that even smart people are retarded.

i think one of the average person's biggest downfalls is the belief that there are smart people out there. in my book, the intelligent people are the ones who know they are dumb

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:12 am

or you could just beat the stupid out of somebody.

if you broke your nose everytime you said something stupid youd probably start doing some reading wouldnt you?

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by zERo~Chronic » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:14 am

Bubbles wrote:or you could just beat the stupid out of somebody.

if you broke your nose everytime you said something stupid youd probably start doing some reading wouldnt you?

i'm not sure how much good repetitive trauma to your skull would be....your brain kinda bounces around in there ya know

maybe something more along the line of shock collar?

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:15 am

cattle prod.