Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: what mobile phone do you own?

Post by Ikku » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:16 am

I recommend the iPuff blunt smoking app
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:44 pm

hahaha, penis.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Rocking an HTC Thunderbolt 4G phone. it's awesome when it works, and it survived a completely submerged minute long trip in a river.... surprisingly. couldnt believe it.
4G is fast and awesome, and the large screen is great for multimedia. Kickstand is nice too.
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:00 pm

A lot of those are on mine as well, Belgium's internet policy is appalling. The only reason it ever got this far is that one of our two major ISP's is owned by the government, even though prices for internet have been dropping globally along with a tremendous increase in speed and quality Belgium is yet to see this happening.

It's clear and present theft, and for whatever reason people keep on abiding to this.

There's a silver lining though because in 2012 the telecommunications market should become a completely free market so hopefully this will sound in the end of paying way too much for shabby internet.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Fair enough. I hope it gets better for you guys.

Falkon, that phone is fuckin fly. I'd like one of those when I upgrade.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:57 am

yeah the thunderbolt is sick nasty..our phones are basically top notch on the market right now, the only difference between his and my phone is that my processor comes with .2 ghz more in the processor, but his makes up in the huge amount of space available on his phone. Oh and the kickstand thingy.. I've never heard about that though, which is sick.

ps. I heard the iPhone 5 is apparently going to utilize the projector screen as the first popular mass marketed smartphone.. anyone know of any word on that? If it does, that'd be sick, but if so, I'd still never buy an iPhone... I'll always stay with the android OS.. it's way less monopolized, easier to navigate with, more free apps, and more protected with security and customizations and always will.
Peace Not Greed.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:04 am

Am I better off, taking up a contract which gives me a phone, or...purchasing a phone then sort out a deal? And what happens when your contract ends? Back in the day, perhaps due to the steady technological development in mobile phones, companies would let you keep whatever phone you had been using for the duration of the contract. But in that era, the phones were cheap, in comparison to today, when i look on ebay and see iphones and mytalk motorolas for 4-500$au and upwards...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Usually, providing you do not wish to upgrade the handset after your contract runs out, they'll renew your contract on a monthly basis at a highly discounted rate. My friend recently finished up an 18 month contract and when he said he didn't want an upgrade they kept him on the same contract but instead of £40pcm, he now pays £15pcm.

Every phone i have ever had is sat in a little box at the side of my computer. I've never had to send one back once my contract was up or anything.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 am

getting a phone off a contract, if I am understanding you correctly, is that you pay for the phone over time, but you are also locked to a certain operator for the duration of the contract. so when the contract ends, you can either continue on your current operator plan thing, just without paying for the actual phone, or change the operator.

Weedguru_Falkon

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:53 am

SpRi7e wrote:yeah the thunderbolt is sick nasty..our phones are basically top notch on the market right now, the only difference between his and my phone is that my processor comes with .2 ghz more in the processor, but his makes up in the huge amount of space available on his phone. Oh and the kickstand thingy.. I've never heard about that though, which is sick.

ps. I heard the iPhone 5 is apparently going to utilize the projector screen as the first popular mass marketed smartphone.. anyone know of any word on that? If it does, that'd be sick, but if so, I'd still never buy an iPhone... I'll always stay with the android OS.. it's way less monopolized, easier to navigate with, more free apps, and more protected with security and customizations and always will.
Yeah, my 1 Ghz feels a little laggy sometimes, but its alright. I jsut got the new 2.3 upgrade tonight! woo!

my screen is great for whipping out my phone to show someone a quickly streamed video on 4g (the quickstand is handy for that and when i want to stand it up at work for listening to music. helps with acoustics and allows me to get louder vantages heheh Loads at 14mbps or so, so i don't have to wait to buffer ^_^ came with 8 gigs internal memory and 32 gig SD micro card. for the win, i actually like this phone more and more ..
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:44 am

cheers for the advice, people...I am now demanding of my australian friends, an idea of the best routeo to take, to help me move from 30 per month for a shit deal, with a phone which seemed brilliant in 1999...to the next level!
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Weedguru_Falkon

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:34 am

Hahah nice. Speaking of phones and such.. I wake up this morning to a txt from my manager, try to get back to her and.. lo and behold, i cant send and texts or make or receive any calls, but my data connection works just fine... browse the internet, download things, but not texts and calls...
They're sending me a replacement. woo!

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Buying cell phones in those bundles actually cost you way more than buying the phone on it's own and then getting a contract with an operator.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote: My list of useful apps are:

Adobe Reader
BBC news
Colournote (which is like a 'To Do' checklist kind of thing)
Dictionary
Facebook
Firefox
FM Radio
Gmail
Hotmail
IMDB
Google Maps
Google Search
FB Messenger
Photobucket
QR Driod (which is a QRcode and barcode scanner)
Quick Office (which i use to open my downloaded email attachments)
Reader (which comes with free books like Alice in Wonderland, A tale of 2 cities,The Art Of War, the scarlet letter, white fang etc.)
Soundhound (which you can play music to and it will tell you the name of the track, artist etc.)
Stocks and shares
Vevo
Weather
Wikipedia
WorldWide News (which is fucking great, you can see frequently updated stories from newspapers all around the world. Not just the major ones too.)
Vevo

Don't forget Shazam and Mr. Number!
Get busy living or get busy dying.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:28 pm

not necessarily so, Flow.