Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Watsup WG?!? (long story, please read) :UPDATED

Post by SpRi7e » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:42 am

Deleted.
Last edited by SpRi7e on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peace Not Greed.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: Watsup WG?!? (long story, please read)

Post by Ikku » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:57 am

So sorry to hear man. I had a friend introduce me to heroin a few weeks ago, it was alright but nothing I would go looking for. I knew friends that had done it and gotten hooked and that just scared me. I had a friend die from opiate overdose several years ago so since then they've always made me feel uneasy.

The friend that let me have some (I just snorted a small bump, felt like downing several vikes or weak oxy) called me recently telling me he had gotten addicted to it and was spending a huge amount of money on it. He had been taking a lot of his parents' money and spending it on the drug, over fifty dollars a day. It took control of him and he was really depressed for having let it go that far. Rehab may be the answer. Do what feels right. Do what it takes to get back to normal. Life is precious and requires action. Dope encourages inaction and complacency which will cause you to sink into an overwhelming pit. I feel like heroin is a demon that grabs hold of a lot of drug users when they discover it is relatively cheap (at first) and accomplishes a lot more than pills, plus it can be easier to get.

Do you still smoke pot? If not, maybe it could help you. Even so, maybe full sobriety is what you need to fully wake up to your situation. I have quit smoking weed because I need to get my career goals on track, and get a job and pass a drug test. This has led to me abusing alcohol and nitrous to absurd degrees. I landed a DWI recently because of stupid amounts of alcohol. I physically hurt myself from binging on whippits. I hope both of these incidents will teach me a lesson in moderation or self control. I hope you are able to recover man. That shit is scary.

I wish I could just smoke pot. :\
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:02 am

spri7e

i pmed you

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 am

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear what you've been going through. I really do hope you'll be able to turn things around. It's an evil, evil drug. I'm glad to hear atleast that you're not in denial and are wanting to get cleaned up. That's already a good step forward. As I'm sure you fully know , it's gonna get worse before it gets better man...keep your head up and don't give up man...I really don't know what else to say right now. You've kinda knocked my socks off with the update...I'll come back when I get my thoughts collected. Hang in there man

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:04 am

It's easy to skim over details when you're trying to assess someone over the internet but from what you just said, you have a lot going for you. The simple fact that you just graduated university a month and a half ago is a huge positive in your life. In addition, you've been able to keep your job for 2 years now so while I may be in the wrong here, I'm guessing you haven't actually dug yourself into that deep of a hole. From what I've seen over the years, you're a very strong person mentally and so I can envision nothing but silver lining at the end of your journey.

The father son relationship, as well as the financial situation are both things that I can relate to so I can understand that the next little bit of time will be difficult. Your father certainly loves you though and will agree with your feelings towards having to go through rehab. Honestly, the hardest step is being a willing participant to actually better yourself and go through the process. You're half way there buddy, in a few months this heroin binge will be a distant in the past chapter in your life. Good luck dude, nothing but respect and good wishes from me.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:36 am

sharing your emotions/feelings always feels better whether that is to people you know or people who can provide you with anonymous emotional support (I.e. this forum). I've never physically seen the depths of heroin addiction, but I have seen the depths of methamphetamine addiction( including spiking). honestly you need to get your shit straight and setting goals such as getting your masters is a step in the right direction. what I recommend is applying to a small school somewhere in the Midwest where you do not know anyone. running from your problems will not work, but distancing yourself from them and then facing them can. if you would like to talk some more or have anything to get off your chest send me a pm and ill toss you my email address. keep well and carry on my friend.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:56 am

so I just found out today that one of my good friends had his liver and kidneys shut down and is currently on dialysis with little chance of living because he took too much cocaine and heroin. these are things to be reckoned with. my thoughts are with him. I hope you find the solace you need sprite.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:32 pm

I have a bit of personal knowledge concerning addictions, drug detox/therapy etc. I once attended a 6 month drug rehab program years back. For cocaine snorting though, not heroin. Though I did get to know several heroin junkies during that therapy. I've also attended several Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous meetings over the course of my life.

Sprize, one really important thing that you said that really stood out to me is this :
SpRi7e wrote:I want....no....NEED to become clean, sober...and not be MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY..ADDICTED to HEROIN, let alone ANY drug there is in this world. I fucked up SOOO big guys and FULLY understand it. IDK why I really wrote this, but I feel like it's VERY step 1 of becoming clean and confronting my problem.
You are totally right man, it is indeed the first and most important step. Most people with addictions are in denial, and sadly those folks have little chance of making it because of that. You know you have a problem, and you understand it. That right there is indeed a VERY BIG step man. It's actually the first step in the 12 step Narcotics Anonymous programs that are used in rehab

Reaching out for help, is another key step. You've already started that, just by telling us what you've told us. You can't beat a heroin addiction alone. You need help from other sources. I don't just mean going to a detox center, I mean moral support as well. You need to confide in your Dad. From the sounds of it, he already knows anyways...he's probably waiting for YOU to come forward on your own. From little things you've mentionned about your Dad on the boards over the years, I get the impression you have an awesome, open minded father who really loves his son. I don't think he'd want you to go through all this alone. Yes, he'll be saddened like any loving parent would be. But what's worse? Causing him sadness by revealing your addiction secret and asking for his support, or saddening him by visiting you at the State Pennetentiary through a glass window or even worse ID'ing your body in the county morgue? That's where heroin addicts who don't get help end up.

Like someone else said, you have a lot going for you. And alot more good to come in the future if you make the right decisions...life saving decisions like you said
SpRi7e wrote: I graduated from my school about a month and a half ago.. been currently still working at my job that I've had for the past 2 years and currently seeking a career job for IT work. I've fully decided I don't want a career in IT work and want to get in the Psychology field and get my masters in it once I straiten my life out for the long journey
You're right, rehab is gonna be a nightmare. But the longer you wait, the worse things are gonna get. You gotta take things one day at a time, one step at a time. Don't try to leap over the mountain in one big bound, you'll only fall back down the hill onto the rocks below. But if you climb that mountain one tiny step at a time you'll make it to the summit. And the climb will be easier with the right rock climbing safety equipment (=moral support)

You should consider maybe going to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting before rehab. You'll get to know some great people there, they have wonderful support systems setup. The key to a successful rehab is greatly due to the support system you have.

The best tip I can give you about the rehabilitation process is that you've got to approach everything with an open mind, willingness and honesty. Most rehab programs are based on the Narcotics Anonymous 12 steps and 12 traditions. That revolves around spirituality, and alot of people have a hard time accepting that. That's where the open mindness comes into play. I personally battled with that aspect of rehab myself

Please come back with updates Spri7e, I'd really like to know how things are going , where you are headed with all this, and where things will take you.

Don't ever be shy, you can say what you want here. That's the coolness of Weedguru

Take care man, sincerely, take care.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:02 am

Deleted.
Last edited by SpRi7e on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace Not Greed.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: Watsup WG?!? (long story, please read) :UPDATED

Post by sugarstalker » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:39 pm

fantastic news, Sprite. It is really great to hear your detoxing is going so well.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm so glad that things are working out for you man! You definately made the right choices. It sucks that the insurance company would cut you off like that..it ain't right. Damn fools.

Are you taking methadone now?

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Deleted.
Peace Not Greed.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:03 pm

This whole ordeal isn't a laughing matter, but THIS part did make me chuckle..
SpRi7e wrote:
Roughest part besides my withdrawal though besides constant back pain (i have scoliosis) was having sex for the first time in a while sober. Hahaha, it definitely was a quicky..I'm practicing breathing techniques and muscle control for that now. It's just crazy getting used to TRULY feel things again while sober
If it's anything like cocaine, then I know the feeling sorta. With coke, sex is great but you don't really feel things like you should normally.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Deleted.
Peace Not Greed.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 am

Deleted.
Peace Not Greed.