Quitting for good or taking a break?

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

blacky0g
Casual toker
Casual toker

Quitting for good or taking a break?

Post by blacky0g » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:16 am

Recently I've decided to take a break from smoking, it hasn't been conducive to how my lifes been moving, I simply don't have the time to smoke like I use to. I'm not how permanent it is. Has anybody else had to stop at some point? what we're your reasons?

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Re: Quitting for good or taking a break?

Post by cutthecashflow » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:47 am

Ive quit for work before, but never because of it interfering with my life. I always make sure that everything that needs to be done for the day that could not be done at maximum aptitude while high gets done before sparking up. I also quit for a year while on probation. If you need a break take a break. Best of luck.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:45 pm

I usually take a break a month or so before tests, but I'm going into final year this September and it's a hell of a lot more important so i may take the full term off (12 weeks). I've taken that sort of break before and i has massive benefits in terms of memory, clarity and focus, so i know it'll be worth it. Until then, I'm likely to be on it near every day. I've never had a problem stopping so the need to quit has never worried me. After the first 3 days I'm usually back to normal and smoking cravings aren't there, however when i stop, i can't stop if there's smoke in the house otherwise I'll keep at it.

It all depends on your reasons and circumstances, what are yours? If its long term or quite serious, then you may have to quit. All depends man, everything's relative.
Four star familiar.

Rosetta_Stoned
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Rosetta_Stoned » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:03 pm

I've quit on a few occassions for any number of reasons. Sometimes I needed to take a screen to get a job, or had to quit to get back down to earth when I took it a bit overboard (a bowl every 1 hour or so until I went to sleep then right back at it when I woke) or sometimes when I just wanted to revamp my tolerance. As it stands I smoke a couple of times a week, sometimes more when I have a little extra dough or if Im being more social than usual. That works for me. Good luck finding what works for you bro. :)

blacky0g
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by blacky0g » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:00 am

I've let it affect my life a lot and I've noticed it's held me back from opportunities. I'm also job searching, I'll probably find a middle ground later but I need some soberness for awhile.