Baked before???

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Baked before???

Post by leprechaun » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Has anyone ever bought a basic cupcake baking mixture and tried adding weed to it???

No making cannabudder or anything else like that, but just by adding weed to the mixture???

The mixture of course requires oil or butter in it, so I'm not that daft...

But I've heard from friends that the way I'm talking about here will do the job rightly and was wondering if anyone here has tried anything similar, not looking any lectures on why i should put the effort into making cannabudder or anything else. I plan on doing this in 3 weeks time, and all i really wanna know is if it'll work.
Four star familiar.

bakedbarista
Casual toker
Casual toker

Re: Baked before???

Post by bakedbarista » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:05 pm

i know as far as placing weed on top of butter or something and toasting it, it sorta works. as far as putting it into an actual cake i don't know how well that would work in the sense of actually getting you high.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:58 am

The cake will already contain some amount of butter right? Do you make a cake using butter (shows how much I bake)? If so you might notice some of the effects. I'm not lecturing here, just asking why not just make cannabutter and throw it in the cake? At least you will know that will work.

I threw some hash and butter into a coffee pot, then proceeded to brew coffee and that worked like a charm. It was some wicked tasting coffee!
Get busy living or get busy dying.

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:42 am

To be honest, it more than likely boils down to laziness on my part. The cake mixture set looks dead easy to make and doesn't take half as much time as the cannabudder recipes seem to take. Most of them also tend to use a lot of green in the budder, and well, weeds dear here.

Coffee sounds interesting. How'd that work? Was it actually just butter, hash and boiling water??? What sort of quantity would you use??? Say, if you put the same amount that you would use for a couple of joints, would it hit you like a couple of joints?

If so i reckon the little baking set should work a treat. The box makes 6 cupcakes, and i was planning on firing 5gs into it.

Oh, another question then.... Do you'se reckon the weed will turn to mush, or will i end up picking it outta my teeth?
Four star familiar.

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:28 pm

It'll most likely work, but it won't be all that effective.
I used to work at a pizza place. We'd get there really early in the morning to make pizzas to deliver to the middle and high schools in town.. Usually a couple hundred each morning. Anyway, we would get done with that at around 9 AM, and we didn't "open" until 11 AM, so we had some time to kill. My manager at the time was a cool guy slightly older than myself, so we'd get some ground weed, make a pizza, put half the cheese on the pizza, sprinkle the weed, then place the rest of the cheese on it. Bake it, eat it, then get baked and play video games in the office.

That was one of the funnest jobs I had, though the least paying. Anyway, that method worked. I think in brownies, you'd get nasty little bits of weed that would make the brownies less palatable. Might as well give it a shot though, I think one of my friends did that method a month or two back.
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:43 pm

Lol, that's amazing. I used to get baked in my old job as well... But that consisted of hanging out the toilet window, so not half as fun.

What sort of quantity did you use in the pizza (btw, I'm definitely trying that now), like, does a typical joint amount hit you like a typical joint???
Four star familiar.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:30 am

leprechaun wrote:
Coffee sounds interesting. How'd that work? Was it actually just butter, hash and boiling water??? What sort of quantity would you use??? Say, if you put the same amount that you would use for a couple of joints, would it hit you like a couple of joints?
Well I was kind of drunk at the time so things are a little hazy, but I just made like 5 or 6 of the Keirug coffee things (the ones that make one cup a piece), took a chunk of butter, and probably 3 grams of some bubble hash (I had a lot at that time) and mixed it all into one large cup. Stirred it up for a bit until the butter was liquid form in the coffee and drank.

Now what happened is I got WAY WAY WAY too stoned. I remember drinking the coffee, things started to slow down, and then I could not get off of my floor for about the next eight hours. Literally it was impossible to move. The only thing this may have been comparable to was taking a high dose of muscle relaxers. Eventually I passed out and when I woke up I was in a complete fog for around the next 4 hours.

I think this would be a pleasurable experience using just a little bit of hash, maybe around .5 grams of some potent stuff. When I've been drinking however I always think I need to go above and beyond what is necessary.

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:20 am

leprechaun wrote:Lol, that's amazing. I used to get baked in my old job as well... But that consisted of hanging out the toilet window, so not half as fun.

What sort of quantity did you use in the pizza (btw, I'm definitely trying that now), like, does a typical joint amount hit you like a typical joint???
For a large pizza (14 inches, 8 slices) we used like... between half 8th and 8th? closer to half eighth. It wasn't enough to get you baked as shit, but a good buzz.

No, since cooking it loses potency and is spread out, a joint worth will only hit you MAYBE like a hit worth.

cutthecashflow, did you actually mix butter in coffee? Lmao. That sounds disgusting haha
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:20 am

^Yes. And yes it was. Alcohol, what else can I say.