Where have you lived and where are you now??

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Where have you lived and where are you now??

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:11 am

Its a lengthy answer for those of us old and increasingly decrepit...but a post my lep inspired me to ask this question. For my experience of different cultures is one of the richest areas I have ever known, its WHY I love to travel and have traveled a fair amount...And with that in mind, I will start another thread soon, related to, but not the same as this one.

I was born in Melbourne, Australia. Moved to Scotland when my parents split up aged 3-4...TO BE FINISHED
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Grrrl

Re: Where have you lived and where are you now??

Post by Grrrl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:37 pm

I live and exist inside my own mind and have done so as long as I can recall. But in terms of geographical locations I have resided just Germany and the shit awful hell hole I am now (UK). Though perhaps I will work harder towards changing that in the near future.
Me importa un pimiento...

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:43 pm

Its wicked to find you emerging from the shadows, del dearest...

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:38 am

Back to the story...

So From birthed in Melbourne, experienced a few horrors during the fracture between my parents...off to Scotland aged 3, when it became too dangerous for my mother to remain in Melbourne with my sister and I. The locals were odd...I remember them making me eat grass, which I thought would make me part of the gang, and also, placing me a polysterene box and pushing me out into a vast Loch! Again, I felt like it was the making of me, an acceptance routine of sorts, but what does a 4 year old know eh??? My Uncle had to rescue me in his dinghy...

Next off to a haggard property in the countryside of Kent, South East England, where my memories are vague and fragmented...I had a friend, who taught me to swear, he looked like a polecat mixed with a human. My major recollection is of my mother holding me by the sink and washing my mouth out with soap and water...due to my swearing! Strange how something perhaps traumatizing, really has zero effect upon me now, in retrospect, and if anything, I feel sorry for my old dear! Who was trying her hardest to discipline an unruly, fucked up child.

I think my next stop was Faversham, in a house in a bad area, next-door to a brick factory. The locals and yokels were friendly-ish or savages. No grass eating, but I copped a few hidings, for no good reason at all. A major memory of that period was the hurricane of 86', when I ran out the house, trees were flying through the air, cars were upturned, and my mother flew out, grabbed me, as my sister reached out her hand to help anchor us from the house...At 11 years old, I was fine at school, if a little weird...had steady collisions with the headmaster's slipper on my thighs. None of that now eh! It didn't do me any harm. what was worse was been forced to stand with my hands on my head as the whole primary school walked by after assembly...I was one of the lads, fighting, football, chasing girls...until I took my 11 plus examination, and became part of a hated crew of 6 of 47 in our year who passed, and gained entry to the local grammar school. Every one of my friends failed and went to the Abbey, a local comprehensive. They cut off from me, completely. Which was hard to understand at that age...

I became a target for everybody in my area. And one evening, when my mother couldn't pick us up from school, I was 13 at the time, small really, I was forced to walk home through the nasty regions with my sister. A gang of lads and girls found us...they were on bikes...maybe 10 of them...pushing me...poking at me...spitting at my sister, pulling on her hair...calling us snobs and posh cunts...i asked an old man walking by for help, and he went straight back into his house when he saw who was upon us!...Before i reached our home, I was put up against a fence by a massive 18 year old, I said sorry for whatever he thought I had done, and he came down on me with a laugh and huge fist, knocking me to the ground...I cried, grabbed my sister and ran off home! Nasty, really, for I was 5ft 3 and he was 6ft and above. Despite the nastiness, it wasn't too many days until I recovered from those cunts swarming in my garden afterwards, threatening to come into the house and get me...and was riding by on my bike, sticking my middle finger up...dearo dear eh! Strangely, I ended up working with the ringleader 5 years later, and whilst he had no memory of the event, was probably high or drunk at the time, he did prevent me getting mauled by a cackle of gypsies...after I had been pointed out as connected to a group of lads (as I was) who had smashed up one of their cousins on a train after a night out in the local city of Canterbury. The family had got hold my name and where I worked and come looking for me...Maybe he did remember crunching me after-all and was trying to make amends. Or he had matured, and become a better man. It wasn't the only time I required the assistance of others to avoid getting my head kicked in or worse, again due to the aggressiveness of others I mixed with, not myself.

(to be continued...hopefully the above is of some interest, if not plainly, readable...and now I hope another will join in the reportage! As I leave my personal history aged 13)

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:12 am

West Belfast.
Four star familiar.

Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!

Post by Certified-Nutter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:02 am

damn del havnt seen you in ages, not since the days of msn messenger (wtf happened to that? does it still work?!)
for me, pretty much always lived in wales.
Grew up in the south valleys, moved to west wales for university (Aberystwyth) and boy, i thought there was nothing more 'in the middle of nowhere' than my home town, boy was i mistaken, aber is like one uni, one supermarket, a town centre and filled to capacity with more than 6000 students (oh yea, it does however have the highest concentration of pubs in britain (54 pubs in 1/2mile diameter... but thats it, its just those 54 pubs in town... lol)
now i am living over one of the hills from my hometown, in an endearing but dont go mingling with the neightbours place called Tredegar
meh, i need to get some travelling done...
Image Image Image <- My old account

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:21 am

I've lived in the northern plains of the US (ND/SD), in the western US (Montana, Nevada, California, Utah, Arizona), and parts of the south-central, south-eastern part of the US (Texas and Louisiana).

Texas in and of itself is a different beast kind of like its own country, the geography changes so much depending on which part of the state you live in. It's kind of ironic, because Texas is extremely conservative and I am extremely liberal, but it has been my favorite part of the country that I have lived in.

As where as where I'm out now, I'll leave that up to you to decide.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:31 pm

I have been trough the worst struggles of my life for the past 3 years and I'm now finally set in a good apartment In montreal. (In fact it's the best and most comfortable place I've been living in, wich includes my parent's home)

I'm on the 18th floor, the view is stunning !!!(I'll post pictures later)
I have a pool and a spa in the building
The neighbor hood is GOLDEN -Dogs are allowed,, it's my dream place and I'm willing to pay rent here for a while.. maybe until I get my house.

I'm working as a floor manager downtown in an italian restaurant, It's the first job I have where I have to take care of people and I really like it as I'm just helping them keeping things organized on the floor. I'm not bossing anything.

Like I said in some topic - I have been traveling a lot for chess competitions (I am now a Chess National Master with a peeking elo of 2095) And all that travelling wasn't very responsible as I was not taking care of my friends / gf…. I was quitting job without saying I'm going in europe…everything went very bad very quick. But now everything is finally back to normal
(wg too as I can see wich is a very, very good thing)

I tryed to lower my weed consumptions.,. but I can't.. I will smoke all my life I think.
I'll try to make this post a bit clearer later - I have to go - But I'll edit it so all the details I want features in later.

I'm really really happy to see some of your folks are there.
"In Life, everyone starts out as a pawn, Every journey begins with a single move. . It's the decisions we make along the way that shapes our endgame."

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:43 pm

Hey Mate, glad to see you around man! And glad to see that MTL is treating you good!

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Hey ! Glad to see you too ! Jesus christ is this real ? is this like a reunion before the apocalypse ?
So nice to see old members still wandering around !

Damn… this forum is getting old, so do we.

remember that moment when you Registered the forum ? The room you were sitting in, the chair ? For lot of us, it's a shit ton of long time ago !
For my part, it's the longest I'Ve been on any forum/community ever, and that includes Facebook !!
"In Life, everyone starts out as a pawn, Every journey begins with a single move. . It's the decisions we make along the way that shapes our endgame."

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:33 am

Never really thought of that. I think I was on here 2 or 3 years before Facebook. Crazy!
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:39 am

Here's a pic of my computer room. I'll post a good smoking video with the view later =D

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:09 am

Mate wrote: remember that moment when you Registered the forum ? The room you were sitting in, the chair ? For lot of us, it's a shit ton of long time ago !
For my part, it's the longest I'Ve been on any forum/community ever, and that includes Facebook !!
10 years ago...hard to believe. And yes I know what chair I was sitting in. Don't have it anymore though. It was a an ugly swivel chair that I bought at a yard sale for 5 bucks. It was comfy though so I kept it for several years. Until I went to court and realized I had the same damn chair that was in the courtroom! I got rid of it the next day haha

Looked almost exactly like this, different color and upholstery though

capnrosie
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by capnrosie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:50 am

HI MATE IS THAT YOU :D? (its me, rosie/sparkles!!)

Well, I haven't really moved much.
I was born at a hospital about a 20 minute bike ride away, spent the first half of my life at a place that is now a ten minute walk from the place I spent the second half of my life living in (does that make sense? that makes sense. yes.)

In fact, I first started using w.g. sitting exactly where I am right now, except now using a laptop instead of a desktop.

Terribly exciting, I know :P

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:42 am

I'm born and raised in a little town called Namsos in Norway, then I moved to Gjovik for university, and now I am spending this winter/spring in Peterborough, Ontario