WEEDGURU under development.

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: New front end under development...

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:22 am

A few teething problems will remain for a while, Higher...Rather than take the site off-line, I thought it better to allow the small, but hopefully growing community to still visit and post, keep the fire burning so to speak...so, apologies for the loose ends, which will all be tied together in due course!

Please continue to list any problems found, in case I miss anything with my own virtual eyes.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:11 pm

I've always just had the forum bookmarked so I've never checked....

Mostly use my phone for internets, and i cant see the full screen when i hold my phone right way up, it needs to be tilted sideways to get full view otherwise it blocks out a bit on the right, avatars, names and such.

Site looks great though, nice and bright.
Four star familiar.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:11 am

Most the front end routine is finished for now. The forums are in a state of flux, with a few issues to fix before I can feel content. The problem is, I seem to have lost the wind from my sails. Still...surely the breeze will pick up soon enough. Until which, I wonder what you fiends make of the changes thus far??

Everything looks different. Does it feel different??

The MODS installed need to be altered. From a position of getting in all the most potentially useful, I now feel that less is better. For example, this damn points MOD which is the main reason for the halt of my advance seems...at best, fancy, at worst, pointless. What can we do with points eh?? Not much. So I will work to remove such a thing.

What MODS are useful and which are not??

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: WEEDGURU under development.

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:19 am

Hola folks...well after a running battle with the designers helping me out, I pulled the plug, launched a sneak attack to retrieve my investment, in the process also grabbing most of the new style we saw recently, and have now cleaned up the swathe of errors they created and we are starting from scratch. nice and clean, but rudimentary.

Whilst the new MODS had promise, it was a case of too many in one hit. The THANKS, SOCIAL LOG IN and SHARE ON Mods were working against one another, rather than in tandem. And it would have taken me several years to fix them, so...drastic action was taken.

Apologies for the disruption of service and to your eyes, but all seems crisp and smooth now and the future looks busy for me, code-wise, but also far clearer.

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Silver?
Four star familiar.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:32 am

Just added in the SHARE function...displayed below the signature on each post. Hopefully this will be useful, rather than a bother???

Example-

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:18 am

I just noticed three of us were on at once and I was reminiscent about the old chat function. Is this still available? I remember being able to do a quickchat with whoever was logged on at the time. This might be worth bringing back. What do you all think? Feel free to PM me.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!

Post by Certified-Nutter » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:26 am

quick chat was fun for leaving quick notes or public messages that you didnt want to waste with a post.
but my faverote thing on WG will always be the seeds, damn i used to love those fuckers, we could turn are names different colours, n shit with them, they were cool as lol
Image Image Image <- My old account

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:29 am

I can put it in, Chris...It is on my list. Yet I was planning on waiting until I/we had managed to bump up the attendance. It is not exactly intrusive, but it certainly sticks out on the index when installed. I will see if anyone pipes up...but yes, I like the idea, and it will be done in the coming months, mate. What else we need, MOD wise, I am unsure. I will stick in the advertisment management MOD as I have a sponsor or two lined up, and would very much like to get the competitions flowing once again. They get a page, a mention in the soon to be resurrected newsletter, and we get seeds, or a bong, or pipe...Again, I was loosely waiting until I had finished some other jobs.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:32 am

And dan...as for the seeds...it is a very tricky, complicated routine to get the POINTS MOD and SHOp up and running. Something I can do, but I hate it, so will not even consider it sincerely until attendance is up and there is more demand. So lead the charge, fucko...keep posting.