Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!

PS4!! whos got one?

Post by Certified-Nutter » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:08 am

ok fellas, ladies, whos got a PS4 then?
more importantly, whos playing SPACE NINJAS! (its called warframe, but heck its all about space ninjas!!)
my tag is "N-U-T-T-E-R-420"
so add me, am aiming to get killzone for xmas, and will start battlefield 4 in new year, but heck, warframe is free to download and its pretty badass
Image Image Image <- My old account

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Re: PS4!! whos got one?

Post by cutthecashflow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:47 pm

I'll have mine after the first of the year. I'll add you when I get it.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!

Post by Certified-Nutter » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:36 am

nice man, i had to damn near sell my soul to get one this side of crimbo.
there was 3 at Asdas (and i knew there was only three) i was waiting, second in line at the doors before opening, and like, 5 minutes before open, like 3 sets of parents, all with kids in tow, came to queue up, and i thought to myself
'tough shit kiddies you aint getting one, i aint giving up my space or allowing a panic to start by mentioning that theres only three, oh and, why the fuck are your kids here when its 5 to six in the morning and its a school day?'
still, Warframe, free to download and play, and its brill

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:53 am

Awesome man. I wouldn't let those little peckernuts in front of me either. You need to play call of duty instead of battlefield though. Much better, plus I play it all the time.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:37 pm

I am not falling for the console swindle this time around.

Not only is the hardware found in PS4/Xbox One already vastly obsolete compared to Computer technology, it is overpriced.

My desktop gaming system is ten times as versatile as those closed, narrow minded consoles, allows for mods to be made by the community and basically looks ten times sharper than anything found on the consoles.

Also : I prefer FPS games like Battlefield 4 and Arma III / DayZ which to be polite aren't supposed to be played on kiddy aimbot consoles.

In short: PC masterrace. :blunt:
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:51 am

Isn't upgrading the PC expensive and more frequent than buying a console once every 4-5 years?

I probably would use it for gaming if I could use my Playstation controller on the PC. I love my playstation controller. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to get one hooked up.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:54 am

I've got a Super Nintendo haha

Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!

Post by Certified-Nutter » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:13 am

i used to do alot of PC gaming, back in the days of counter strike source, medal of honour etc etc, but keeping em upgraded can be a pain, so i opted for consoles a while back, i would love to go bk to pc, but too much time and money over long period of time

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:23 am

It is by far cheaper.

First of all : you don't have to upgrade every single component in your system every time.

For example :

The motherboard and CPU in my current system are roughly five years old dating from my very first gaming system.

Why?

Games these days are way more GPU intensive, my CPU (I7-930) is more than adequate to handle the load put on it by modern games.

The only things I kept updated since then is my grafics card, which I recently upgraded from a GTX570 to a MSI Lightning N780 GTX780 and I replaced my archaic SATA HDD (also five years old) with a 250gig SSD + Windows 8.1

So in total over the past five years or so I spent a total of maybe 1500€ which comes down to rougly €300 A YEAR.

Which is by far cheaper and way more interesting than anything any console can offer.

Let's not forget that when they announced the 'Next generation of console gaming' PC hardware was already lightyears ahead of the junk you people are buying called PS4 and Xboxone.

Another argument is that although console gaming has flooded the market and thus resulted in more generic, crappy, mainstream casual bullshit games, PC gaming is slowly returning to it's former self.

Not only is indie game development pretty huge, a lot of the oldskool developers have launched idea's that will revolutionize PC-gaming and stay true to the roots of gaming : PC.

Also, why the fuck would I want to play games where the computer provides aim assistance?

Why the hell would I limit myself to a framework set by Microsoft or Sony?

Why would I deprave myself of countless hours of added fun due to awesome mod communities creating whole overhauls of games or adding content themselves?

Why would I limit myself to playing games with a max of 64 players when I can play games on PC where 1000+ people are battling it out at the same time ? (I am not talking abouw WoW or other bullshit MMO's, those are for lamo's)

Why would you destroy gaming by purchasing consoles from companies that would like nothing better than to have you rounded up like cattle and sticking to the path they defined?

Consoles destroyed gaming.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.