Stoner + Non-stoner Relationships

How's it going where you live on mother earth? Whats going on and why?

Moderator: Moderators

Amaranth Smoke
Casual toker
Casual toker

Stoner + Non-stoner Relationships

Post by Amaranth Smoke » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:39 am

Kai ora all,

Just lookin for some advice. My girl is real sweet and a really like her, we been goin out for about a year now but she is a real nazi about particular stuff. Its just wierd stuff like she doesn't want me to have slipknot posters up cause she hates them, she hates all my stoner friends (guys and gals) and she gets pissed off and won't talk whenever i mention smoking at all. Honestly i'd would give up for her if she was really that uncomfortable, the reason i haven't is that she tries to force me to give up. Whats the general opinion on going out with a non-smoker, would you and what should i do??

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Re: Stoner + Non-stoner Relationships

Post by jcube69 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:26 am

Amaranth Smoke wrote:Kai ora all,

Just lookin for some advice. My girl is real sweet and a really like her, we been goin out for about a year now but she is a real nazi about particular stuff. Its just wierd stuff like she doesn't want me to have slipknot posters up cause she hates them, she hates all my stoner friends (guys and gals) and she gets pissed off and won't talk whenever i mention smoking at all. Honestly i'd would give up for her if she was really that uncomfortable, the reason i haven't is that she tries to force me to give up. Whats the general opinion on going out with a non-smoker, would you and what should i do??
do your research and pros and cons and shower it truly isnt bad. then show her how the punishment is actually worse and thus unjust etc...

show her some cons too such as the smoke itself and of course the carcenajins but you smoke less weed then most ppl smoke tabacco etc...not to mention if you eat it or use a vaproiser it isnt bad at all.

eventually if you can go far enough convince her to try it XD just dont get her stoned out of her mind...that can be a turn off esp first time id say just high...and have some chicken in a biscuit handy for the munchies XD

in the end if she still h8s it hard to say...i could do the classic what else will she make you give up then? if she truly likes you for you then giving up weed would be giving up part of yourself not?

now if she would rather you not smoke but doesnt care thats diffrent..if its a this or that choice tho...unfair and itl come up again in the future

my $0.02 anyhoo
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Image

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:58 pm

ok she sounds pretty whack
not wanting you to chill with stoners i can understand. i think its totally stupid and bitchy...but i can still see where she is coming from.

BUT THE POSTERS? thats straight up crazy bullshit (unless you live together)
its your room/house and you should be able to put up any decorations you damn well please.
its not like your forcing her to listen to them. its art and she can look the fuck away if it bothers her

this isnt even a stoner versus non stoner relationship scenario. its a should i stay with my nazi gf or not scenario.

and that is my opinion

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:12 pm

AbbyRoad wrote:
this isnt even a stoner versus non stoner relationship scenario. its a should i stay with my nazi gf or not scenario.

and that is my opinion
I was trying to figure out how to say this polite and you put the words right in my mouth

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:59 pm

I would put her in the trunk of my car and blare slipknot.

No but really if she doesn't like you as a person then why is she dating you? She has to accept all of you...stoners friends and slipknot posters included.

I have never dated a non stoner before, so I don't really have any advice about it. Not to sound corny, but weed is a big part of my life and I expect the person I'm dating to have the same frame of mind.

You did say she is a sweet girl, so she can't be all bad.

Grrrl

Post by Grrrl » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Did she know you liked all this stuff before she got with you? Because if so, it is really unfair to try and mould you into something that suits her, in that case she is interested in your shell and not actually you. I hate how people try and force someone they supposedly care about to be something they are not. I have smoked weed everyday for a long long time and I always make sure to drill into potential partners heads the importance that mary jayne has in my life and that that is something that is never going to be subject to change. Despite this it has been a problem that has reared its head in quite a few of my relationships, and that was with people who smoked bud too. When it came down to it, I was stubborn and refused to be moulded into something/someone I am not. It is not a decision I regret, because I would rather be true to myself than fulfill others expectations. If it wasn't for that decision I would probably be filing for divorce about now and be left in even more debt. So really it boils down to how much of yourself you are willing to sacrifice to keep your lady happy, because if there is even an inkling you will hold it against her later on there is no hope for a long lasting blissful relationship. Its your call but thats my tuppence worth. Good luck whatever you decide.
Me importa un pimiento...

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:38 pm

Well said dudette.

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by jcube69 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 pm

andriaSRH wrote:Well said dudette.
i basicly said the same thing -.-
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Image

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:11 am

I didn't read your post :dunno:

Amaranth Smoke
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Amaranth Smoke » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:30 am

Thanks all, yea i'm goanna talk to her about weed, and your right about giving up a part of myself, thats what it feels like i guess.

Its got to be the whole package or nothing right.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:42 am

Amaranth Smoke wrote:Thanks all, yea i'm goanna talk to her about weed, and your right about giving up a part of myself, thats what it feels like i guess.

dont bitch out and cry the whole time.

oh and goodluck. :rofl:

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Weedguru Higher wrote:
AbbyRoad wrote:

and that is my opinion
I was trying to figure out how to say this polite and you put the words right in my mouth
i think you quoted the only polite part of my rant lol

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Amaranth Smoke wrote:Thanks all, yea i'm goanna talk to her about weed, and your right about giving up a part of myself, thats what it feels like i guess.

Exactly. When you are in a relationship with someone you take the good as well as the bad.

Just depends on if you love (err like?) that person enough to tolerate the bad. My boyfriend doesn't shower most of the time, but I'm okay with it because I'm not the one who is a smelly hippie.

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Image all.
:scratchs:

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:11 pm