Depressive bouts

Health issues related to Marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

CashMoney
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by CashMoney » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:46 am

dylann wrote:we all have days and times of depression. its a part of life. the way i see it if you get high, your gonna go on a low at one point or another.

ive noticed that i get more upset than i usually would if ive recently toked or dont any drug.

all you gotta do is go to your room play so chilling music just stuff thats mellow. and think. or go for a walk, bike ride. just do something to take your mind off it.

and this topic brought up one of the reasons i love this forum, nobody judges. this is the one place ive found in my whole life where noone judges. you all are the best
Yer man same here, always like at a good part in a film I can feel tears lol and im like sheeitt. lol
Hustle, Hustle, Hustle

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: Depressive bouts

Post by Ikku » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:08 pm

2/3 a glass of water? Lol
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:15 am

Let's just say this, I used to get depressed a lot and had a somewhat constant low to myself when I was smoking all the time and even got to the point that it was even when I was high. Sure I'd feel good for 30 minutes possibly, but once that wore off, it got back to that same point again.

Once I quit smoking weed (haven't touched it in about 5-6 months), about a month later I was almost constantly in a more normal up beat mood. I'm not ANYWHERE near as depressed and low as I was then, and sorry to say, but I almost fully blame weed on the depression. Sure it may have been a part of my life that I WAS in a 'rough spot', but I think the weed made my problems seem worse than what they were, and let me create more problems in my head than what I should have. Now since my feeling of being a little low has passed, I can concentrate on my main goals and objectives much better and learned more natural ways of keeping myself feeling good.

I'm an EXTREMELY happier person without weed now, and as I do miss it sometimes... I think I'm done for good now as I probably abused it too much and enjoy a life without it that much more. Plus, I love being social and talkative...which weed DEFINITELY didn't help me out with at all. I guess I shifted my life out of the weed smoking phase and learned to enjoy it better without it.

btw I know this is an old topic, but just wanted to put my 2 cents in on depression and weed
Peace Not Greed.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:38 am

Yea man I have been depressed for maybe 2 months now since the gf left me. Been smoking a TON of weed. 2 weeks ago I bought an ounce of chronic and then I looked at my bank account and realized I've easily spent over a grand on weed in 2012 alone and it was absurd. So I decided that ounce would be the last of it. As soon as I ran out of weed all kinds of awesome shit has been happening. Earlier today I was in such an AMAZING mood even though I got flaked on for a date, I was just feeling high on life and glad to be out and about doing stuff instead of just sitting in my room smoking.

At that point I started thinking about smoking and it was like OMG if I go grab an eighth and smoke a joint that will just make this "high on life" feeling 10x better! But then I realized it would only make it better for as you say maybe 30 minutes and then it would actually destroy all my motivation and feelings and I'd be back to square one.

I'm seriously considering not smoking anymore. There's only one small circle of friends that I even smoke with anymore and that's rare, I was doing all that smoking solo which I'm done with. Maybe I'll puff in a circle but idk, that would tempt me to buy weed for personal use later.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:40 am

As for being social/talkative...weed used to make me the most self conscious quiet person ever. But that's cause I was smoking all the time from the age of 14, before I ever really got good at social interactions in the first place and it kind of stunted my growth in that department I think. Now I'm very socially capable even mad stoned, I just don't give a shit anymore, and if I say something weird or stupid while high I could just blame my glazed eyes..

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:41 am

Hey, I completely agree with you guys and I have my own issues with weed as well... when it comes to the various effects it has on my motivation, mood and sociability. With that being said, I'm sure I'm not saying anything both of you don't already know but in my opinion all of these negative aspects simply come with abuse of the plant. When used in moderation I truly believe that the positive effects outweigh the negative ones... It just comes down to whether or not one has the will power to be able to only smoke during "optimal" situations instead of just sparking up because you can.

I myself have gotten a little better at this in that I can smoke one day and have little trouble not smoking the next day (something that used to be very difficult for me) but I know that if I ever want to truly quit, it would have to be cold turkey... none of that once a week bullshit because temptation becomes just too strong for me and I often fall back into a cycle of smoking more than I had intended to. I went on a bit of a tangent there but my main point is that it's clear that in both of your examples and my personal experience that depression with weed often comes with overuse. The highs just aren't the same as they are when used in moderation and I think it's the lack of motivation, laziness, groggy head etc etc etc that in turn lead to the depressive thoughts. I also want to make this clear; what happens in this situation is not actually depression because depression is an actual disease, it's more accurate to label it as a depressive mood or say, depressive bouts as the thread starter has.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:28 am

The thing with me though is that it doesn't matter how little I smoke.. I'd rather enjoy a night out being talkative and enjoying social interactions and being perceptive about things in a fast way. Weed just makes it so that I get high for a while and talkative, but once I start coming down it starts making me feeling too low for me and just zoned out of the actual situation. I don't even really hang out with my friends who still smoke because well... their abuse made me get a bad view of what it's like completely sober vs. being high. Whenever we do things, it's always 'lets go walk around here and get high' and it's not fun to around people who do that and have that mind set all of the time. They don't want to do any fun physical activities such as sports or anything that requires moving around fast. The thing is that I actually wanted to smoke the other day while watching a movie in the theater (Hunger Games..AMAZING movie) but now I'm at the point that I can't even do it if I wanted to due to drug testing in my job search.

I'm extremely better at social interactions since I quit, and feel like I want to keep improving myself and nothing I ever really learned while high stuck with me the next day when I sobered up. It just trickled out of my brain and everything I did looking back was nearly a waste of time in learning, although I did learn a LOT from smoking. It helped me look at things in the bigger picture and be much more creative to problem solving and viewing situations in this world, but I think my time with it is over... at least for a goooood while.
Peace Not Greed.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:57 am

I feel the same as Chris. In moderation it's no big deal, only in abuse has it ever been an issue. Problem is I can't really help it, shit is too addictive for me. Once I smoke I will want to smoke again very soon, either that same day or the next one or soon after. I last smoked on Friday and not very much. I have been having some insomnia issues that will hopefully pass. My appetite is slowly but surely improving as well. In a sad but true way it kind of feels like I'm coming out of a sickness...

costasgavronos9
Why Hello There !

Post by costasgavronos9 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:58 am

At that point I started thinking about smoking and it was like OMG if I go grab an eighth and smoke a joint that will just make this "high on life" feeling 10x better! But then I realized it would only make it better for as you say maybe 30 minutes and then it would actually destroy all my motivation and feelings and I'd be back to square one.

Ricardo
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Ricardo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:49 am

I have the same problems as u guys stated especially with the social interactions seeing as I have social anxiety on top of weed anxiety at times... I've recently stopped smoking a week or 2 ago I don't see much of a difference other than I do a lot more physical activities now. As for my social life it hasn't had such a drastic change as u guys but its definitely a step up. I hate that weed can make a person depressed and anxious but I guess its to b expected with something that changes ur state of mind. I think I will smoke weed periodically for the rest of my life but I don't want to get into the habit of smoking everyday again. Its such a drain.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:07 am

Of course it's going to come up. Getting into my head. They dreaming.

meena
Why Hello There !

Post by meena » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:03 pm

I've heard many people say this who have been smoking weed regularly. Usually people start smoking to relieve depression but truth is that you only get more depressed by continuous usage. It turns into an addiction eventually and not smoking causes depression. I suggest reading about it in detail and save yourself and your brain from getting all messed up.