Cancer

Health issues related to Marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

Luke
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Luke » Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:18 pm

weed is many many times stronger now than in the sixties when the hippies smoked joints of shwag all the time. now people hit bowls of dro, so its a different matter.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:33 am

Cancer..........we're all gonna die of somehthing, sometime no matter what so why not die happy?

JusJoe
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JusJoe » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:14 am

HEY LUKE THATS YOUR 420th POST!! HAPPY 4-twankie!!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/jusjoe/soULblooD.jpg[/img]

Miguel420
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Miguel420 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:46 pm

The way I look at it is, when you smoke cigarrettes you are getting 500 extra chemicals ranging from ammonia to rat poison...weed is straight from the source...nature. Even though you hold in weed longer, it is not as harmful as cigarrettes in the long run...Also, you can smoke out of a vaporizer, or even out of a water bong to reduce the harmful effects.
On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →

Post by weedguru tom » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:12 pm

nah man statistics are true man

smoke two joints
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

yeah...

Post by smoke two joints » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:02 am

Weedguru Anex wrote:Yes but as has been said a thousand times before, its the fact you hold the weed down for so much longer than tobacco that makes the difference.
it was always my understanding that you were supposed to hold tobacco smoke down as long as you hold pot smoke down ;\
keepitacrime was getting too much flak from people.. new e-mail..

decryauthority@yahoo.com

weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →

Post by weedguru tom » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:22 pm

evryone gets affected differntly

Skwerl_Butt
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Location: You know where California is??..Yeah, well, I live no where near there

Post by Skwerl_Butt » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:06 am

I'm only going to write seven words:

V A P O R I S E R

:lol:

(I'm stoned...)
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p358a9a70c2270c3bf723e8751bbcc292/f378b808.jpg[/img]

GodHand Kronix
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by GodHand Kronix » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:43 pm

Skwerl_Butt wrote:I'm only going to write seven words:

V A P O R I S E R

:lol:

(I'm stoned...)
Clearly lol

Also consider that the average stoner intakes much less weed daily than say, a pack a day cigarette smoker.
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..

stnoed
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by stnoed » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:12 pm

Luke wrote:people smoke packs of cigarrettes... think about the physical equivalent of weed... no one smokes that much bud!
are you sure about that?

hehe im just kidding. D:

-so high
[img]http://www.geocities.com/isigneduptoplaychess/ciggy.jpg[/img]

islanders182
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by islanders182 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:48 am

you kno, only 15% of ciggerette smokers get cancer. that whole smoking thin causes cancer is way over rated. its just that so many people smoke that the amount that have cancer seems like a huge number, but compaired to how many people smoke its really not. i won't deny it tho, it definatly can cause it, but not as much as people think. chancers are you'll get emphasima cause thats 85% of smokers. that shit sucks almost as bad though (my grandpa died of that) or heart disease. but with weed, just cause weeds stronger now than the 60s has nothin to do with cancer tho, thankfully. thats just the thc content is higher, that doesnt cause cancer. and its true, weed doesnt have all that nasty shit that cigs do, its just pure marijuana so that makes it better. if cigs just had tobacco in them i bet the cancer rate of smokers would go even further down. plus most people that smoke weed smoke it much less often then they would with cigs.

meena
Why Hello There !

Re: Cancer

Post by meena » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:19 pm

There is no scientific proof so far about marijuana's connection to causing cancer. Recent studies have shown that it MIGHT increase the risk of getting different kinds of cancers. It also dysfunction your immune system which predisposes people to cancer.

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: Cancer

Post by blackxs » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 pm

There is not a single documented case of marijuana-only use causing cancer.

There are numerous reported cases of concentrated cannabis (Rick Simpson Oil) preventing the growth of, causing the decrease in size of, or complete removal of cancer

THC has anti-cancerous agents that easily outweigh the negatives of smoking stuff.

People think smoke = cancer. It doesnt. Cancer is caused by a mutated cell. Natural substances are unlikely to cause cancer. Unnatural substances, such as cyanide and rat poisin, which are in cigarettes, can readily cause cancer.

Weed also isnt substantially stronger than it was in the 60's. This myth has grown because people who used to smoke picked up a joint, and after 20 years of not smoking, they got really stoned. That should be no surprise. THC % has increased by approximately 3% on average since the 60's, which is easily within the scope of variations even in the same plant.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma