Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

10 Major Health Benefits of Marijuana

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:06 am

10 Major Health Benefits of Marijuana
By igorderysh

The days of Reefer Madness are pretty far gone, but the American public is still vastly uninformed about marijuana, particularly concerning its myriad of amazing health benefits. Here are 10 (out of countless) health benefits that marijuana possesses. With that said, it’s simply baffling that medical marijuana is not legal in most of the country, and still there retains such a negative reputation. So, if you have one of these conditions, now might be a good time to call up your cousin’s dealer.

1. Cancer

There is a lot of unfounded rhetoric that states smoking pot can cause lung cancer because your inhaling smoke, like cigarettes. This simply isn’t true. Cigarette smoke causes cancer because the tobacco is radiated whereas marijuana isn’t. In fact, the American Association for Cancer Research has found the marijuana actually works to slow down tumor growth in the lungs, breasts, and brain considerably.

2. Seizures

Marijuana is a muscle relaxant and has “antispasmodic” qualities which have proven to be a very effective treatment of seizures. There are actually countless cases of people suffering from seizures that have only been able to function better through the use of marijuana.

3. Migraines

Since medicinal marijuana was legalized in California, doctors have reported that they have been able to treat more than 300,000 cases of migraines that conventional medicine couldn’t through marijuana. And that’s NOT just because it’s easy to fake having migraines, right? RIGHT?!

4. Glaucoma

Marijuana’s treatment of glaucoma has been one of the best documented. There isn’t a single valid study that exists that disproves marijuana’s very powerful and popular effects on glaucoma patients. Beat that, DEA!

5. Multiple Sclerosis

Marijuana’s effects on multiple sclerosis patients became better documented when former talk-show host, Montel Williams began to use pot to treat his MS. Marijuana works to stop the neurological effects and muscle spasms that come from the fatal disease.

6. Tourette’s and OCD

Just like marijuana can treat seizures and multiple sclerosis, marijuana’s effects slow down the tics in those suffering from Tourette’s, and the obsessive neurological symptoms in people with OCD.

7. ADD and ADHD

A well documented USC study done about a year ago showed that marijuana is not only a perfect alternative for Ritalin but treats the disorder without any of the negative side effects of the pharmaceutical.

8. IBS and Crohn’s

Marijuana has shown that it can help with symptoms of the chronic diseases as it stops nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.

9. Alzheimer’s

Despite what you may have heard about marijuana’s effects on the brain, the Scripps Institute, in 2006, proved that the THC found in marijuana works to prevent Alzheimer’s by blocking the deposits in the brain that cause the disease.

10. Premenstrual Syndrome

Next time your girlfriend is complaining that you smoke too much weed, hand her a joint. Just like marijuana is used to treat IBS, it can be used to treat the cramps and discomfort that causes your girlfriend to lash out at you. Using marijuana for PMS actually goes all the way back to Queen Victoria. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Re: 10 Major Health Benefits of Marijuana

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Very surprised about a couple of them. Alzheimer's and OCD! I would have thought that it would make someone who has OCD think even more about whatever they have obsessive thoughts about. And Alzheimer's? :lol: The explanation makes sense, I just wouldn't have thought about it... I often think that my dad is beginning to get Alzheimer's and I smoke up with him now and then. His mother had it, but I guess in theory, it could just be short term memory loss.

One of the ones I enjoyed seeing on there was migraines. I used to get migraines pretty much monthly... Really severe ones. Since I began smoking daily, I've only had one. It was actually a couple of months ago, after not having had one for 3-4 years. Sleeping it off used to be a necessity, but I actually managed to fight the most recent one off after smoking a little buddah. Very cool that it's actually listed here. I just wish doctors would have prescribed it to me years ago, when it was actually an impairing issue in my life.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:11 am

I'm actually a little scared of Alzheimer's. I have a shitty memory... I try to remember things, but it's not easy sometimes.... and well my grandpa recently passed away from Alzheimer's.... soo this kind of freaks me out. I think he was also diabetic... hm.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:27 am

weedguru_waffles wrote:I'm actually a little scared of Alzheimer's. I have a shitty memory... I try to remember things, but it's not easy sometimes.... and well my grandpa recently passed away from Alzheimer's.... soo this kind of freaks me out. I think he was also diabetic... hm.

alzheimers is not bad memory, dont worry, even if it does hit you itll be another 60 years when yyoure old and already have dimensia

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:42 am

flyinhigh wrote:
weedguru_waffles wrote:I'm actually a little scared of Alzheimer's. I have a shitty memory... I try to remember things, but it's not easy sometimes.... and well my grandpa recently passed away from Alzheimer's.... soo this kind of freaks me out. I think he was also diabetic... hm.

alzheimers is not bad memory, dont worry, even if it does hit you itll be another 60 years when yyoure old and already have dimensia
it causes memory loss... my grandpa got so bad, he was hospitalized and didn't recognize any one, and was very aggressive/violent a lot of the times and moods fluctuate every 10 mins... he was like a little kid I guess you could say. Have to keep your eye on him, or he may wonder off somewhere really random...

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:03 pm

Yeah, it definitely causes memory loss... that's like the main symptom hah. You shouldn't worry about it simply because you have shitty memory now though! You are on this site for a reason after all. :wink:
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:10 pm

haha yeah, that's true.... :p

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:16 am

My grandma had alzeheimers and she once took the car and drove like 3 hours away just aimlessly. Some cop found her sitting in her car on a side street. She had no idea where she was. Pretty sad shit

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Mon May 30, 2011 10:56 pm

That's only 6 bro
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

diablopop
Why Hello There !

Post by diablopop » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:57 am

The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:29 am

*igger please! I'm pretty much in danger of all toxic dilemmas.

AcostaJacquelyn
Why Hello There !

Post by AcostaJacquelyn » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:45 pm

From the very start, I believed that Marijuana have many health benefits than Tobacco. Smoking cigarettes proved that its one of the major causes of lung cancer. My grandfather died because of excessive use of it. I never heard of someone died because of excessive use of Marijuana. I only know that you will get sleepy or your appetite will increase.

Thank you for this information, I'll surely inform my weed friends about this!

itstimetoburn
Why Hello There !

Post by itstimetoburn » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:37 am

^Agree. But then I'm caught between with that it helps in curing insomnia. I for one experience a different kind of relaxation when I'm under it but when I crash down, I get a mild headache that actually lasts longer than when I'm high. So I guess it may work for some but not all, right?

But hell yeah. MJ has got far more reasons now that it should be legalized.