Mental Issues (HELP!!!)

Health issues related to Marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

CaptainChronic001
Casual toker
Casual toker

Mental Issues (HELP!!!)

Post by CaptainChronic001 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:46 am

I often experience a sense of Social Anxiety when I get stoned. Even though I loved being high, i feel as though i have to avt a certain way in front of people. I'm always worried about what people around me are thinking.... i feel as if they are looking at me and either laughing or talking shit. I honestly hate it. I don't get the feeling as bad when I use Visine, or Rhotos...

I try and try to just not think about it, but when i'm high around my friends that don't smoke its wayyy awkward. I just don't know what to say to them and feel like a fuckin retard.

I've been a consistant pothead since the age of 14, only having to quit a few times... (probation, EX-Girlfriend)....

How can i get these ridiculous feelings out of my brain.

I even started taking prozac for what i thought of as depression/ anxiety....

Acid used to play a huge role in my life as well. I was trippin basically every three days.... Ehhhh help me fellow stoners...

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: Mental Issues (HELP!!!)

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:59 am

I'm going to move this into a more popular forum so you'll get more answers

Welcome to weedguru !!

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:57 am

if it were real SA i would say go balls deep in the situation and try to conquer it but since its only when youre high just avoid the situation.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:20 am

You gotta put yourself into a "I don't fucking care what people think about me" mindset

You're a stoner and who cares about people you don't know and will never see again

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:45 am

Weedguru Higher wrote:You gotta put yourself into a "I don't fucking care what people think about me" mindset

You're a stoner and who cares about people you don't know and will never see again
he was talking about his friends aswell, its really not as easy as it sounds to act like that.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:51 am

CaptainChronic001 wrote:i feel as if they are looking at me and either laughing or talking shit.
Dude, me too. I get the same way. Sometimes I think it's something in my subscious telling me that I shouldn't be around certain person. Like for instance, I have been hanging out this couple who fight all the time. I've known them forever but I always gets the weird feeling (especially when someone says something that I can't hear) that they are talking about me. This feeling only comes about when I am really really high. So when I smoke with them I only take little hits.

I wish I could help...I personally think it's not the type of thing someone can just turn off. Alcohol def makes it go away. :wink:

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:44 am

^I've had that before too man. Like I've been massively stoned and suddenly thought someone said something about me, and maybe they did but I've been too stoned to ask anything about it or do anything so you sit and wonder what it could've been about. Is it the way I was acting? am I not talking enough? lol, you could think all kinds of shit to yourself, but in the end it's pretty much just some strong weed you're smokin and it's all in your head. If those people didn't like you they wouldn't smoke with you. And if you don't like them then you have the power to not smoke with them either.

You just gotta smoke the weed and let it relax you. Try not to think of stupid shit like that and let the fun side of it take over.
:scratchs:

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 pm

^ i agree with the statement you make about not thinking about stupid shit. i always just dont think when im stoned i just kinda laugh and talk about shit like time travel.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:46 am

Toonces wrote:^I've had that before too man. Like I've been massively stoned and suddenly thought someone said something about me, and maybe they did but I've been too stoned to ask anything about it or do anything so you sit and wonder what it could've been about. Is it the way I was acting? am I not talking enough? lol, you could think all kinds of shit to yourself, but in the end it's pretty much just some strong weed you're smokin and it's all in your head. If those people didn't like you they wouldn't smoke with you. And if you don't like them then you have the power to not smoke with them either.

You just gotta smoke the weed and let it relax you. Try not to think of stupid shit like that and let the fun side of it take over.
I know exactly what you mean. If I'm quiet I will think they are talking shit because I'm not talking ,so I just sit really still...and wait like 30 minutes to announce that I want to leave.Usually because I'm afraid they will be angry that I want to leave. :lol:

I think that high anxiety stuff happens because I get really really high way too fast. I'm not a rotation type of person, I like to chill and babysit the pipe. Smoking with friends is fun but I am for sure at my most chill when I'm alone.

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:57 am

maybe you can save smoking only for times when you know it's going to be enjoyable and that it's going to make your experience more enjoyable.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

CaptainChronic001
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by CaptainChronic001 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:42 am

Dude all these are awesome responses, like I know exactly what you guys mean about the whole thinking they're saying something about me when I can't here them.

But I like the comment about just letting time travel, I'm thinkin thats what I'm gonna do... And I guess if they can't accept me for who I am... Then FUCK EM.

I mean i guess its easier said than done, but all I can do is Try.

Thanks Everyone!

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:45 pm

how long have you been smoking weed?
that paranoid phase is normal. alot of people experience it when they first start blazing.
but over time it only occurs when your smokin the good shite

AcostaJacquelyn
Why Hello There !

Post by AcostaJacquelyn » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:11 pm

First thing you got to do is to ignore that kind of feeling. You're a pothead and should not care what other people would think. Even if you're high or not, they will still think that you will do silly thing because they once saw you high. The more you think about that situation, the more it will get into your head. It can cause you paranoia and depression.