How to Roll an L-Skin Joint

Need help, or have you perfected a revolutionary technique & wanna share it?

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 am

Written by Matt

So you have finally mastered rolling a joint, feel like a new challenge? A longer smoke? Then this joint is for you! This is a little more advanced than rolling a normal joint, however once your setup correctly it pretty much follows the same rolling process as a single sheeter. So what are you waiting for?

Step 1
Take two rizlas and stick them together as per the picture below. The blue lines indicate where the gum of each rizla is. The horizontal rizla is on top of the vertical rizla. Dont lick all of the gum on the vertical rizla, just enough to stick the horizontal rizla to it. You will then have an L shape.

Step 2
Fold the corner of the vertical rizla over and make a hard crease with your fingernail. Now gently lick along the crease and tear the corner off, also fold the whole thing along the horizontal line, this is shown with the yellow line below. You should end up with something similar to this-

Image Image

Step 3
Now just like you would if you were rolling a single sheeter, add your roach, chosen substance (Cannabis, Salvia, Legal High etc) and tobacco or mix; remembering to keep that cone shape as you work up the joint.

Step 4
Using your thumb and index finger, pick up the joint carefully as your normally would

Step 5
Now as you normally would with a single sheeter ignoring the extra piece of paper you now have, use your thumb and index finger of each hand, gently pinch both ends of the joint. Using your 4 fingers (thumb and index of each hand) roll the paper up and down whilst applying pressure. You may also use your middle fingers behind the joint to provide more support. Try to roll the mix into a circular shape.

Step 6
Again, carry on rolling as if this was a single sheeter joint. Using your left thumb and index finger, roll the paper down so you can just see the top of the roach and mix. Now pinch with your left thumb and roll up gently, while gently rolling down with your right thumb and index finger until the rizla tucks behind the roach. Try to avoid letting go of the joint at the roach end, as it will become loose and hard to work with. If this does happen, repeat this step.

Step 7
Continue the same process as above, rolling upwards with your left thumb and index finger, while gently rolling down with your right thumb and index finger. Slowly tucking the rizla in further up the joint.

Step 8
Keep doing this until you have rolled it up slightly, all the way up to the gum, similar to the below

Step 9
Once the joint is level with the gum, lick across the gum and roll upwards with your right index finger and thumb as you would when rolling a single sheeter. If all has gone to plan you should have something similar to the below

Step 10
Now lick gently along the visible part of gum (indicated with blue line in the picture), I actually licked it like a dog in the picture below, my bad. Then roll upwards with you right thumb and index finger.

Step 11
The hard work is over, congratulations you have just rolled your first L, give yourself a pat on the back. Now for the finishing touches

Step 12
When we roll a joint, there is usually a bit of looseness to it. There are 2 ways we can fix this. The first is by using a cigarette butt and poking it down. However personally I find this just packs the end of the joint and leaves the rest loose. The other method, which is my preferred method is to hold the joint vertically, and almost throw it at the floor letting go at the last second so it hits a surface with a bit of a thump, repeat this a few times. You can see this better here.

Step 13

Simply twist the end off, sit back and blaze up

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Re: How to Roll an L-Skin Joint

Post by Bubbles » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:10 pm

whats this? twist the end off?

ive got a trick for you! pack the very end really tight and make a little bit of a lip with the rolling paper, and brown it with your lighter. you will then be able to take it off and smoke the joint like a cig. and have it burn even more evenly!

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 am

I twist the end off like that guy...

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:02 pm

I burn the end off, and I try to stick the second paper as far as I can to minimize overlapping and thus thicker parts of paper!
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.