Helpful Rolling Tips (FAQ)

Need help, or have you perfected a revolutionary technique & wanna share it?

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:20 pm

There are a lot of things that can go wrong for first time rollers, so that’s why I included this extra helpful rolling tips FAQ section.

Luckily, these mistakes are very common, so I’m sure that you will find a answer that fits your problem.

Don’t forget to go through the basic rolling steps a couple of times to get familiar with them, you should also read the guides and watch some videos a couple of times to make sure that you are doing everything correctly.

For those who got the basic steps down and still end up with something that looks like an ugly weenie, read the following rolling tips:

Image Image

Q: “My hands are to smooth and I can’t make the turning/wrapping motion to roll the joint”

A: This is actually a very common phenomenal. A lot of people have very smooth hands, which makes it hard to get a good grip on the rolling paper, which can lead to a lot of irritation.

For those people with smooth hands, try washing your hands with water and partial dry them up, so your hands are still a little moist. This really helps and should fix this problem instantly and remember to use HEMP rolling paper if you are having trouble with smooth hands.

Q: “I overdid it with the whole licking part, and now my joint is to wet”

A: Going up and down with a lighter against the joint should fix this, watch out that you don’t burn holes in the joint. There is a hidden benefit when you are heating your joint up with a lighter.

Because the fire is making the rolling paper more crispy and this actually makes the joint tighter. Note, if you rolled a very lose joint, you could easily burn holes in it because of the free space within the joint.

Q: “I went crazy with the lighter and burned a hole in my joint”

A: Depending on the size of the hole, you could fix this problem quite easily.

Tear off the sticky side (in length) of a rolling paper and paste that against the hole. Of course you first have to lick the sticky side before pasting it against the hole.

You should tear of a good piece of the sticky side, like I did on the picture below and wrap it around a few times so that you fully cover your hole.

Q: "My joint is uneven and has a lump in the middle"

A: You have to distribute the weed evenly along the length of the paper by pushing it around with your index fingers as you are holding the joint with your middle fingers and thumbs. Also make sure that your weed is properly grinded and that you have no large chunks

Q: "Help, I lit my joint and it's burning up only one side!"

A: Occasionally, even the best-rolled joints will burn too quickly on one side. The solution is simple: saliva. Using the tip of one finger, apply saliva to the side of the joint that's burning too rapidly. This will allow the slower burning side to catch up, and your joint will burn evenly again. If this doesn't work, you can peel the excess paper from the slow burning side, but be careful not to drop the lighted tip, called the "cherry."

Q: "I did everything you told me to do and I still can't roll the perfect joint"

A: You can't expect to be a joint rolling expert in 1 day, don't get me wrong, it happens to some people. But the majority of people need to practice a couple of days before they can roll the perfect joint!

There is not wrong with that! If you are stressed or you are having a bad day, then try and pick it up the next day. Its all about feeling. If you squeeze your joint to hard, rip up the rolling paper and you have been trying to roll a joint for a hour, you need to realize that its you that is the problem. RELAX, chill out and try again later
:)

Image Image

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Re: Helpful Rolling Tips (FAQ)

Post by Bubbles » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:08 pm

lol the pics in this thread made me laugh, the bottom one reminds me of my rolls. ive really gotta practice this today,

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Re: Helpful Rolling Tips (FAQ)

Post by Gorecore » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:56 pm

My biggest problem is the smooth fingertips thing with getting a good grip to do the rolling motion back and forth. My easy method to fix this is to stick my tongue out and touch the fingertips that are sliding on the paper to my tongue and then dab my fingers on my jeans to remove any excess spit.