Rolling your own cigarettes

Need help, or have you perfected a revolutionary technique & wanna share it?

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Rolling your own cigarettes

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Who here rolls their own cigs?

I got into it a few months ago, it's one the best choices i've ever made. I was smoking like a pack and a half a day of marlboros or whatever other packaged, premade cigarettes from large cigarette companies, and now i'm down to just maybe 8-10 a day and still slowing down. I actually only smoke now when i want to, and only because i want to. It went from an addiction to a habit for me.

They taste worlds better, and smell so much nicer. Smokers of regular cigarettes are always amazed as soon as they smell it and especially once i let them try one, i hear the phrase "Wow!" a lot. And even non-smokers are surprised at the smell.

I'm also not hacking up a mouth full of crap from my lungs when i wake up anymore. It actually got worse at first, i guess since all of it was coming out, similar to what weed does.

Not to mention, a pound of tobacco is about 1/4 the price of an equivalent 2 1/2 cartons of cigarettes. That's like 75-80% cheaper. especially since you smoke less.

I also helps that you have to make one before smoking it. it encourages you to actually make a choice to smoke, instead of mindlessly lighting one up out of a pack. It requires a rational thought to go into it.

It also helps with your rolling skills, and you don't even have to do it by hand, you can get a hand roller that makes perfect cigarettes everytime, just need to put a filter in and roll it up in this handy device. you can also get an injector and tubes that are just like a normal packaged cig, but with your own tobacco (not to mention the paper doesn't have that FSC shit). which are incredibly easy to use, and can produce like a pack's worth in about 5 minutes or less.

Also, they burn about 2-3 times slower, and go out when you're not smoking it. One usually lasts me for a good hour, I just keep puffing on it and relighting it. The packaged cigs will burn up in 5 minutes or less.

What else... i guess that's all for now, please feedback.

oh yeah, and i've converted about 5 or 6 people i know so far, to start making their own smokes, and give up the addiction to manufactured cigarettes from the big companies, a couple were just acquaintances that i don't even think they smoke weed. And i was actually surprised at how easy it was to do, like as soon as they saw me make one and experienced it, they were convinced.

logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Re: Rolling your own cigarettes

Post by logically » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Right on bro!

back when I was in college a lot of people did that.

I don't smoke cigs anymore, but that's super cool you found that cool method of smoking.
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Been smoking them for years .. theres no beating pure baccy .. you could also add theres diff tastes tobacco and papers you can use

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:52 pm

I've done it a good few times.. but I grew my own tobacco so I'm going to be parting ways with buying cigarettes for a few months and roll my own. I think I want to buy an electronic rolling machine
Peace Not Greed.

Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Yes, there's hundreds of varieties to choose from.

This is as pure & natural as it gets. I always hated smoking cigarettes after smoking weed, cause they felt unnatural to me, i guess from smoking such a natural thing such as Cannabis.

Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:01 pm

SpRi7e wrote:I've done it a good few times.. but I grew my own tobacco so I'm going to be parting ways with buying cigarettes for a few months and roll my own. I think I want to buy an electronic rolling machine
Yeah, i'm going to be growing my own pretty soon here. Don't get an electric injector, they suck, just use the hand-crank kind. They are wonderful and easy to use. I prefer this little hand rolling thing, for one because i like that it rolls the paper around the tobacco instead of stuffing it in, and also that i can use ultra thin elements papers, or hemp papers. or flavored papers or anything really. I also find it fun to do it all by hand sometimes, just the art of rolling. It's really nice.

I tend to prefer it without a filter too, that's another reason. It has more flavor. But if you want a filter and don't want to bother putting one in the hand roller every time, then injection's probably the way to go, especially if you just want to get it done and done fast.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:13 pm

I don't smoke cigs ;)

But I do like to toy around with rolling machines, there are these tin boxes with this special system in them where you just put in some tobacco,slide a paper in a slot on the other side, close the box and voila ! A rolled cigarette ;)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:23 pm

I can't stand rolling handmade cigarettes...they just don't taste right at all.

I have rolled them using empty cigarette tubes and a little machine like this one though

Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:33 pm

yeah, that's what i was talking about with the injectors. That is an injector. a small hand injector. there are also the "cigarette machines" Table-top Crank Injectors.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:47 pm

my buddy rolls his own and the smell reminds me of the lake.

i wanna get one of those injector thingies and see how hard it would be to get a J the right size to use with that thing.

Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:45 am

If you wanna make a joint, then the way to go would be a hand roller, one of these: http://www.ryomagazine.com/january/toproll.jpg

by far the easiest way to roll or make a joint. you put weed in the nylon between the wheels, then even it out, close the wheels together, then just roll the wheels, and stick a paper between the wheels, and roll a little then lick the paper, then roll the rest in and pop it open, and there ya go- perfectly rolled J.

Now if you don't mind putting the weed into an empty filtered cigarette (tube), then you can use the injector the same as you would with tobacco, but use weed instead. and you can always tear off the filter if you don't want it, but i think the rolled ones come out much better than the injected ones, plus you can use you're favorite papers, and can always roll a roach into the j. it takes me like 10-20 seconds to make one using one of these things. they are great tools.

Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:54 am

oh yeah, great website for Roll Your Own info. http://www.ryomagazine.com/

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:27 am

^ yea dude i roll mine real quick cause i use a debit card to get it tight lol... not quite as much of a cheat as a rolling machine is :P

Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:39 am

how's that work? you tuck it in with the card?

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:47 am

yea once you shape it you wedge the one side in with the card and pull on the paper with the glue side and it tightens it right up lol