The Roach

Need help, or have you perfected a revolutionary technique & wanna share it?

Moderator: Moderators

beastybeezy
Casual toker
Casual toker

The Roach

Post by beastybeezy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:32 pm

Just wanted to see what peoples preferences are when it comes to a roach..

Personally I prefer a long (3/4 inch roughly) skinny roach for 2 reasons -
(1) a long slim roach cools down the smoke more than a short fat one so your less likely to get a harsh toke or burn your lips! (google "ideal gas law" for why this is).
(2) some clumsy shits pinch in the middle of the joint, now usually it doesn't affect the smoke but by giving these twats something to hold on to, the joint remains aesthetically pleasing tip the end :)

Disadvantages - not really suitable if your building a fatty and wider roaches will give you a 'thicker' toke

What do you guys think? Also what do you use if you don't have a roach book? (i quite like train cards!)
smoke something...

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: The Roach

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:05 pm

I like to go for one about the same length as you, but maybe a little thicker because it's rare that i smoke anything other than a fattie. I like to get a more clear, hefty lungful. However, i prefer to rest the joint between my index and middle finger. I can't say i pinch the joint but hey, i suppose there must be some idiots out there.

If i don't have a roach book I'll cut parts of my pack of skins up for roach, or the green bit from the back of the Rizla packets. Train tickets are way too thick for me.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.