Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Blunts - A Guide For Beginner's

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Blunts - A Guide For Beginner's
Unknown Author/s

A blunt in reality is just a type of cigar. It's not as big as a cigar, yet not small enough to be called a "cigarillo". In marijuana culture, a blunt is different from a typical joint. It's an entirely different experience, from the way you roll it to the way you enjoy it. Blunts are the chosen method of smoking marijuana among today's stoners because of their exceptionally smooth, rich taste, the fact that they look like regular cigars (which makes smoking in public a bit easier), the thickness of the paper (which makes the weed burn slower, which in turn wastes less weed and makes taking big hits a bit easier), and the fact that rappers are always talking about them.

There are many, many, many different ways of rolling a blunt. I've seen people use only their lips to seal, use their palms in kind of a sweeping motion, and some people can even manage to roll without cutting the cigar open at all. In fact, the creativity and individuality involved in rolling "your blunts" is what makes it so much more fun than rolling a joint or using some other type of smoking contraption.

Let's assume I've convinced you to put away the bong and you're ready to roll your first blunt. First off, I would probably not put your bong away yet; chances are you're gonna fuck up your first blunt pretty bad, and you'll probably end up using it anyways. Don't be discouraged, even the pros mess up from time to time. Learning how to roll a blunt is more of a process than anything else; it takes time to understand what you're doing wrong, correct it, fix whatever other problems you're having, and finally roll yourself a quality blunt. Anyways, let's get on with this.

Buying The Right Cigar

So you're at the corner store casually browsing the tobacco products looking for the right blunt. There are a few factors to consider. First off, freshness. Corner stores and ghetto gas stations usually don't sell a whole lot of cigars or cigarillos, so be prepared to find some really stale blunts among the selection. A stale blunt is very bad. Although it is possible to make do with a stale blunt, they tend to crack during the rolling process and then you're screwed. They also taste like shit, so if you're ever in doubt about the freshness of a blunt, don't even waste your money on it and just buy a pack instead. Packs are better because they're sealed 4 or 5 times, and people tend to buy packs more than singles, meaning they get restocked quicker. Packs are also a better value for your money, so save yourself a trip to the gas station and a few bucks and just buy a pack! The second factor to consider when choosing your blunt is size. Cigarillos are great for rolling blunts; they're just the right size for the average gram blunt, and if you're good you might be able to stuff a little more in there. Cigars are okay, but make sure you take a lot of paper off unless you plan to smoke a few grams, or else your blunt will be harsh and shotguns are out of the question. The last factor to consider is flavor. Personally, I prefer to use Dutchmasters mini Cognac, Honey or Grape flavored cigarillos because the taste blends in with the weed and makes for a great smoke. Brands don't really matter, but certain brands roll their cigars differently, which can make properly rolling tricky.

Preparing your weed

So you've got yourself a fresh, great tasting blunt, and you're ready to roll. No, you're not! Break up your bud first! Too many times have I unwrapped the blunt and gutted it before I realized I hadn't broken up my bud yet. The time it takes you to break up your weed is time enough for your fresh blunt to dry up and become utterly unrollable. Use a grinder if you're lazy, or just break it all up with your fingers. It doesn't matter, just make sure you break it all up. This is also the step where you want to take out any seeds, stems, hairs, eggs, spiders, insects or other undesired objects from your stash. Smoking seeds and stems will give you a massive headache, so make sure you've got them all out before you continue. Also remember to break enough bud for the blunt you've bought; too little bud and too much paper make for harsh hits, and too much bud with too little paper makes rolling difficult. The perfect balance for a normal cigarillo is somewhere between .9 and 1.3 grams. It's definitely possible to get away with rolling less, but if you've got more than a few heads hitting your beauty you probably want to roll upwards of a gram.

Most Popular Cigars Brands

Phillies

Image Image

Dutch Masters

An undisputed classic in the blunt rolling world, rolling with dutch masters is always a treat. The warm smell of a honey dutch blunt, or the flavor of a vanilla dutch are enjoyed by many stoners every day around the world. The wraps are the perfect size, stay moist and roll easily.

Image Image

Swisher Sweets
Swisher Sweets are a pretty mainstream blunt wrap however I strongly dislike buying them because there are too many Swisher Sweet products on the shelf. For blunt rolling, you want a blunt wrap without a filter tip or anything but a plain tobacco end so that you can use the entire length of the blunt wrap. The regular swisher sweets are fine, but a lot of times there is a filter tip or tapered down ending that you cannot see from outside the box when purchasing them. They are great for rolling blunts, just make sure you have the regular swisher sweet cigars.

Image Image

White Owl
White Owl’s are similar to dutch masters as they come in flavors, and they are also available almost anywhere as a single cigar with its own tube. They roll a really nice blunt, but I just find them to be a less popular blunt wrap than the dutch master. However, they are a great alternative if in need.

Image Image

Game
Garcia y Vega cigars are among the most popular brands in the United States, a favorite since their introduction in 1882. The Game line was introduced in 2007 in three flavors: Green, Honey, and Vanilla. All present a mild machine-made cigar with a natural wrapper. The green has a natural taste and aroma, slightly different than their other lines, while the Honey and Vanilla are flavored creations.

Image Image

Optimo
Image Image

Backwoods