Anime Suggestions

Got an opinion on a movie? Stick it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: Anime Suggestions

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:41 am

andriaSRH wrote:
Oh man I remember one..it was called Samurai X or something like that. It's gonna take me a while to actually find it because I basically checked out every anime on animeordie.net :spliff:

Rurouni Kenshin

Super Milk-chan

Claymore (amazing amazing in my top 5 favorite of all time)
thanks andria i will check them out
woah

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:44 am

Lol no no, those aren't the ones I was talking about. Those are just more suggestions. You should check out Claymore tho :/

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:46 am

AH... disappointed smiley face
woah

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:08 am

When it comes to anime shows, I used to watch Cowboy Bepop all the time. Got into Death Note for a while but I was getting bored with it after a while and a few missed episodes. Aside from that, I did enjoy watching Samurai Champloo.

In regards to movies, I like everything from Akira to the Miyazaki films etc.

p.s. When I was a little kid I was obsessed with Dragon Ball Z and Gundam Wing... occasionally Inuyasha whenever my blazian friends came over.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:02 am

Akira was the first anime movie I ever watched.

Death Note is interesting for the first couple of episodes..I like the live action movies better.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:52 pm

andriaSRH wrote:Akira was the first anime movie I ever watched.

Death Note is interesting for the first couple of episodes..I like the live action movies better.
might as well start with a classic

i used to watch cowboy beebop a lot.... loved the outlaw/bounty hunter styles.

yeah death note was good, but i got to about episode 9 or 10 and havent watched anymore of it.

There was another called gungrave that i watched for a bit.
woah

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:11 pm

I didn't mention Akira but yeah, that's the first anime movie I saw too, fucking awesome!

Try Legend of the Overfiend, the first hentai movie

:lol:

Seriously, the first hour is kinda gross, but then there's 2 more hours of extremely deep and interesting storytelling.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:37 am

Actually, in a very incredible way, I stumbled an anime today that i actually love, which is saying a lot since the only anime I've ever been a fan of what Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.

It's called Ergo Proxy. a quote ...

The world is bigger than you think..

After the explosion of the methane hydrate layer, the remaining members of mankind are forced to live in isolated domed cities scattered across the arid and inhospitable planet. They live in a controlled society and are assisted in daily life by autonomous robots called AutoReivs. In one of these cities, Romdo, Inspector Re-l Mayer, granddaughter of the regent, leads an investigation concerning AutoReivs that have gone mad after being infected by the Cogito virus. In the process, she comes in contact with a monster called Proxy. Elsewhere in the city, immigrant Vincent Law is on the run after being framed for involvement in several Cogito cases. Together, along with the adorable child-AutoReiv Pino, they set out on a journey to the dome city Mosco in order to unravel the mystery of the Proxies.
It's bloody and awesome, and the main character is a hot chick (Y)
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 am

Oeh that sounds very promising indeed, I'll definitely check it out!
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:57 pm

cheers falkon... downloading it now

only the 23 eps that you know of?
woah

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Yeah, unfortunately. :( but as far as I've seen, theyre all awesome at least. Just finished the third epi, and it was slower than the first two but still very interesting.
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:16 am

Gilgamesh

The backdrop of Gilgamesh is the fight between two opposing forces. One of the forces is known as the Gilgamesh, lead by Terumichi Madoka (better known as Enkidu), and the other side is the Countess of Werdenberg and the three Orga-Superior children who live with her. In appearance, the Orga-Superior are indistinguishable from humans. However, they carry a special power known as "Dynamis" which allows them to use psychic energy and control objects using only their mind. The overarching theme of Gilgamesh is one of choosing sides.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgamesh_anime

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:10 pm

Claymore (amazing amazing in my top 5 favorite of all time)

In a world where humans coexist with sentient monsters called Yoma (妖魔?) that feed on human innards, an organization has created an order of half-human, half-yoma warriors to protect humans from the yoma, for a large fee. The people of this world have dubbed these warriors "Claymores" based on their swords. They are also referred to as "Silver Eyed Witches", based on their appearance and seemingly cold nature toward others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore_Anime#Anime

Donno bout you guys but I'd rather read subtitles. IMO japanese voice actors have way more emotion in their voices than American voice actors.

[/quote]

There's also some episodes with naked anime ladies in it, if you're into that type of thing :lol:

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:24 am

i watched the first episode of ergo proxy last night
so far so good.

im still searching for an animation style similar to samurai champloo.
woah

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:59 am

^ Try ninja scroll or samurai x,

I have looked far and wide and I'm like..89% sure there are no other animes drawn like Afro Samurai. I will look some more...but seriously..at the moment I can only find animes that have a similar plot lines. :?