The shiniNG

Got an opinion on a movie? Stick it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

The shiniNG

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Without any doubt one of the finest films I have ever seen, if you consider films in the category of art, and in that category, anything that truly moves you in some fundamental way registers as quality, as valuable as an experience, when experiences of a certain niche are what drives us more than anything else. Jack Nicholson is immense. Perhaps his best film. His tastiest slice of Art Pie. A film that lingers in me, in feeling and thought and spirit, just through its memory, is of a potency of Use Of Life As A Human which demands its shared, promoted, advised.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

DoctorDoobie
Casual toker
Casual toker

Re: The shiniNG

Post by DoctorDoobie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Jack Nicholson, Garey Busey and Nicholas Cage, the Holy Trifecta of Movie Crazy Guys!

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:08 am

DoctorDoobie wrote:Jack Nicholson, Garey Busey and Nicholas Cage, the Holy Trifecta of Movie Crazy Guys!
I've liked Cage also for a long time...Another chap who quite easily plays the fanatic. As for Busey, I probably know him better than I think, but presently I can only conjure him from my memories of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and perhaps a Steven Seagul film, although for sure I have seen him in other films...but which films, Doctor??? What are Busey's finest moments in your opinion?

Rosetta_Stoned
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Rosetta_Stoned » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Buseys shining moment for me would have to be in Fear and Loathing. When he asks Hunter for a kiss is an absolutely iconic crazy person moment. I know it's not as off the wall nuts as some of his other moments, I found it particularly interesting how straight forward the proposition was. I can only imagine how lonely it really must be on those long Nevada highways for an officer of the law to ask a whacked out journalist for intimacy. I also imagine Hunter obliged to his request.

Rosetta_Stoned
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Rosetta_Stoned » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:55 pm

More on topic: Stanely Kubrick is one of my all time favourite directors in the history of cinema and I find The Shining to be one of the most horrific and intriguing statements on isolation and what it does to a human being. Kubrick was a daring and inventive filmmaker and his voice will ultimately resonate for years, decades and possibly centuries onward. :)

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Rosetta_Stoned wrote:More on topic: Stanely Kubrick is one of my all time favourite directors in the history of cinema and I find The Shining to be one of the most horrific and intriguing statements on isolation and what it does to a human being. Kubrick was a daring and inventive filmmaker and his voice will ultimately resonate for years, decades and possibly centuries onward. :)
I'd be as I intrigued as likely many others to learn more of your appreciation of Kubrick, RS...perhaps you could offer your advice where to turn for the next step along the director's path of work.