Portal 2

Which do you play - on which platforms?

Moderator: Moderators

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Portal 2

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:23 pm

So waiting on this one.

Apparently a lot of people online are complaining it looks too hard but I say fuck those weak ass bastards, I'm sick of casual games !!

Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Re: Portal 2

Post by JokersAce » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:44 pm

Looking forward to this, but I do wish Valve would finish Episode 3.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Post by Gorecore » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:37 pm

That was cool as fuck how he bounced off the walls on that repulsion gel to make it over the water! Thanks for the info on this game, Flow! I loved the first Portal, even though it was way too short.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:24 pm

Yeah the first portal was more of a mini game in the Orange Box, wasn't hard at all either.

I do hope they up the ante on this one's difficulty, I love what I've seen so far but as I said in the OP : lots and lots of people are already whining about it looking too difficult, fuck that!

And yeah Jokers, Episode 3 is taking way too long, but then again with Valve you can be 99% sure it'll be great :)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

hiroshiharo
Why Hello There !

Post by hiroshiharo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:09 am

It is an honor game testers Portal 2 not this exploit is found. Although I am sure that in time there will be options available to make each level of a few seconds.

giraffes
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by giraffes » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:32 am

:bonghit: when i played portal i was baked........but this looks like it could be some fun :bonghit:
Make tacos, Not war[/b]

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:14 am

Loving it so far, lots of secrets to be discovered that tie in Aperture with Black Mesa & Half-life !

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:55 am

Yes I am quite a ways into it, hopefully maybe finish it tonight if I have time. Great game.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:43 am

i bought my bf portal 2. big mistake, i havent seen him since

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:11 am

Yea I actually haven't been posting much because of this game and Mortal Kombat. Actually probably been playing more MK than this

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Post by Gorecore » Thu May 05, 2011 5:06 pm

I was at EB Games today and almost bought a copy of Portal 2.

It sucks that they're newer used games aren't that much cheaper than a brand new copy. $59.99 for a new one. $54.99 for a used one. :s

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu May 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Cheapest way is to rent games, only problem is game rental places including Gamefly will be rented out of new games for a long time. I've recently taken to a new form of "renting" that is actually pretty expensive for a rental but much cheaper than buying a copy and keeping it. I'll typically buy a game, complete it in 2-3 weeks and then return it to Best Buy. They give much better deals on used games than EB/Gamestop, often 30-35 dollars for a new game so that you only paid 25-30 bucks for it. The downside being that once you take it back you can't play it again, but I don't replay that many games anyway, they're always coming out with newer ones that are just as good, none of the games coming out nowadays are must-keeps.

Best Buy is going to put those other game places out of business now that they do used games and trade ins. They offer much better trade in deals, AND they usually have good deals when you buy games anyway. When I bought Bulletstorm and Deadspace 2 it was buy one get one 50%, so I got them both for 90 instead of the 120 it would have been to buy them individually. I then returned them both and got 30 bucks each so in total it only cost me 30 bucks and I got to play both games through to completion when they were still new releases. Good deal IMO. Then when Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat came out, each one came with a 10 dollar gift card when you bought it so they were basically 50 bucks each instead of 60. Man I love Best Buy.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Fri May 06, 2011 8:52 pm

my bf plays PC games so we have a shared Steam account.
you buy the games once and then you can download them onto any computer, its awesome!

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat May 07, 2011 9:05 am

yeah Steam evolved into a great platform, too bad they keep their prices so high. THeir weekend deals are insane though :p

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Post by Gorecore » Sun May 08, 2011 3:02 am

Amature male models? I'M IN!

*whips out cack*