Guitar Hero / Rockband

Which do you play - on which platforms?

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Guitar Hero / Rockband

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:10 pm

My kid wants Guitar Hero and or Rockband for Christmas. I'm looking to get a used one for cheap but I have a couple questions.

I found this Rockband 2 in my local classifieds for $50....it's just the drums, mic, and wireless guitar. The game disc is not included. Seems like a fair price...right?

http://sherbrooke.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLar ... =236371145

Is this Rockband guitar compatibile with the Guitar Hero games?

What's the difference between say Guitar Hero 5 and Guitar hero 3? Will a 3 guitar be just as good and will it be compatible with guitar hero 5 games or not?

In the pic I see no bass pedal...in other pics I have seen one...is there supposed to be one or is that like an add on or something? Do I need it?

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: Guitar Hero / Rockband

Post by sugarstalker » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:42 pm

there is indeed supposed to be a basspedal. did a quick google search, and found this info on a blog about the subject. the name of the blog: http://blog.seattlepi.com/digitaljoysti ... 126756.asp

Platform : Xbox 360

Game: Guitar Hero II
Guitar : Wired X- Plorer
Guitar compatible with : GH 2, GH 3 and Rock Band on Xbox 360
Notable Features: An awesome HD version with additional songs than the PS2 version. Supports downloaded additional tracks including many songs from the original Guitar Hero. The guitar works with Rock Band on the Xbox 360 but there is no sound effect filters since there is no switch for them.

The wired X-Plorer controller is also sold separately without the game.

Game: Guitar Hero III
Guitar : Wireless Les Paul
Guitar compatible with : GH 2, GH 3 and Rock Band on Xbox 360
Notable Features: An awesome game with an awesome track list. Has the best feeling wireless guitar that is compatible with the most games. This is the one version that I recommend the most. The guitar works with Rock Band on the Xbox 360 but there is no sound effect filters since there is no switch for them. However I love the feel of this controller and it's my favorite Guitar controller.

Game: Rock Band
Guitar : Wired Fender Stratocaster
Guitar compatible with : Rock Band on Xbox 360, (At this time was not able to find info to confirm that the wired Xbox Stratacaster works on Guitar Hero III) Update: Readers have confirmed that you can NOT play Guitar Hero III with the Rock Band guitar on Xbox 360.
Notable Features: An completely awesome game. The only guitar that has sound effect filters and has two sets of fret buttons. A very realistic feeling guitar that looks great.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:32 am

Thanks Sugarstalker...

I managed to bargain the guy down to $40 for the whole rockband 2 kit...(he had the bass pedal, it just wasn't in the pic)

I found a good compatibilty chart if anyone else needs it..it works with everything except GH 3 apparently. I'm gonna get the GH metallica game for sure...if she's gonna play it I need to like the music lol

http://www.rockband.com/compatibility

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:01 pm

So I got the rockband 2 game disc this morning at EBgames (Game Stop) for $15 used

I hooked up the system to make sure everything worked and I have fuckin fallen in love with this game!! I really suck at the guitar part...I can't remember where the keys are and I have a horrible motor skill communication problem between my brain and my fingers lol. The drum is much easier and really fucking cool! I've done a bit of coke today and I think me and my gf are gonna have a rockband party!

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm

most excellent good sir! if you like RB 2, just wait until they release RB 3 where they will sell REAL F'NG guitars!!! so you can learn while you play and play while you play!

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:27 pm

I told my dad about making a patent for that exact idea when those games first came out.

I think I should have done it..
Peace Not Greed.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:06 pm

sugarstalker wrote:most excellent good sir! if you like RB 2, just wait until they release RB 3 where they will sell REAL F'NG guitars!!! so you can learn while you play and play while you play!
Really? That is fecking cool....