Would you let your children smoke weed at 16?

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Would you let your children smoke weed at 16 (if they wanted to)?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:51 pm

Yes
90%
Hell no
10%

Total votes: 30

Bear
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by Bear » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:07 am

to be honest i wouldnt care.

I couldnt exactly stop them, i would never give them the money for it. They can get their own by a job and if they wish to indulge in dealing then they keep all evidence OUTSIDE the house. If i find one set of baggies or anything id slap them so silly they ass will hit the roof.
[img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8656/sigbs9.gif[/img]

Psyclone
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Psyclone » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:37 am

I'd smoke with them...shiiiit.

weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →

Post by weedguru tom » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:33 pm

hell no,

SladeHino
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SladeHino » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:50 am

Lol. I have to say at the age 15 maybe 14 if they start asking alot of questions about it, i'd let them smoke. But there'd be guidelines, and I wouldn't ask them if they wanted to blaze up though. Until I know that there will be rules, and they WILL follow it.
Qapow.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:20 am

I started at 14 but I would never let them find that out. I would say 16 or 17 would be much better for them. Probably a lot more fun too because I had more stoned fun times at 16 than 14.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Dakine
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Dakine » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:34 pm

I'd let them smoke it as long as i believed they were aware of the facts, and all that. so probarbly about ten, eleven.
[img]http://i11.tinypic.com/33c29o8.jpg[/img]

buttermilk
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by buttermilk » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:50 pm

Dakine wrote:I'd let them smoke it as long as i believed they were aware of the facts, and all that. so probarbly about ten, eleven.
Naw, that's way to young. At age ten or eleven they would just be braggin' to their friends that they smoke weed and what not. Isn't that like 4th or 5th grade? It would cause to much trouble at school. And knowing kids that age, they would probably get the parent responsible for them in a shitload of trouble with social services.
Sixteen is a pretty mature age, an age at which they'd be able to handle themselves and not get their parents in trouble for allowing them to smoke weed.

Dakine
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Dakine » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:26 pm

I wouldnt know what grade it is, i'm british. i guess your right, but i would still let them do it if i was fully confident that they would be secretive about it. i don't plan on having kids anyway.
[img]http://i11.tinypic.com/33c29o8.jpg[/img]

MatteN
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by MatteN » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:38 am

10 or 11 is really young to be smoking pot...thats like 6th grade lol my kids can smoke once they are 17 (i'm only 18 now but i'll respect that they want to smoke when they are 17)

4*20
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by 4*20 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:26 am

According to studies (McGill and Stanford, Découverte - French CBC), the use of marijuana before the age of 18 is very hazardeous (up to + 10x more chances) of being considered as a potential schizophreniac since it alters the levels of serotonin in the brain. I regret starting hardcore at 15 and never reducing the intake until now when I finally 18 and it can do me no harm to me (whatsoever). Apparently it can strike at any age.

Kids, help other kids avoid adopting risky behaviors in life / Life is like a candy, the sooner and quicker you unwrap the shorter sweetness will last.

buttermilk
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by buttermilk » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:57 am

SaSsyCat wrote:According to studies (McGill and Stanford, Découverte - French CBC), the use of marijuana before the age of 18 is very hazardeous (up to + 10x more chances) of being considered as a potential schizophreniac since it alters the levels of serotonin in the brain. I regret starting hardcore at 15 and never reducing the intake until now when I finally 18 and it can do me no harm to me (whatsoever). Apparently it can strike at any age.

Kids, help other kids avoid adopting risky behaviors in life / Life is like a candy, the sooner and quicker you unwrap the shorter sweetness will last.
That is one kickass analogy...I had to read it like twice though...

mast3r
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by mast3r » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:27 am

i wouldnt let my kids smoke until 18 when there all done with highschool. As long as there done with school and smoke responsibly i wouldnt have any problems. My parents are the same way, they found out i was smoking and just told me not to be stupid and dont let it interfere with work and also informed me they smoke as well lol.

haki789
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by haki789 » Thu May 17, 2007 4:56 am

im 15 whats the big deal i get high lots parents don't even know damn im a smart though everything cept science and math never been real good at that haha just history and english and shit haha dude i don't know where im going wit this
peace out praise jah im going to bed have dreams about a revalution the states blowin up or some other crazy shit like htat shit grandma came home got to take a shower smell like fuckin weed

4*20
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by 4*20 » Thu May 17, 2007 5:33 pm

haki789 wrote:im 15 whats the big deal i get high lots parents don't even know damn im a smart though everything cept science and math haha dude i don't know where im going wit this
peace out praise jah im going to bed have dreams about a revalution the states blowin up or some other crazy shit like htat shit grandma came home got to take a shower smell like fuckin weed
sure... :roll: :wink:

Anyways, my point wasn't even related to intelligence. Only about the possible schizophrenia that could occur to those who started smoking when underaged.

qweasd
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by qweasd » Thu May 17, 2007 7:32 pm

no i wouldnt. lol i'd confiscate it off them and roll up a nice spliff
:lol: