How do aliens travel through space

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: How do aliens travel through space

Post by wgToonces » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:44 am

OKAY THEY ***OBVIOUSLY*** TRAVEL WITH ALIEN DICK TRAVELLING MACHINES WHICH ALLOW THEM TO TRAVEL WILLY NILLY WHEREVER THEY WANT TO GO.

All is now clear.
:scratchs:

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:35 am

Thanks for clearing that up :lol:

pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by pkkupo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:33 am

Harry Potter piggyback rides.
Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:00 am

Aliens are made up yo

king
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by king » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:55 am

"penning these lyrics from a hammock, with a ounce of kush a pack of bamboos and an ice-cream sandwich" ~Curren$y

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:22 am

andriaSRH wrote:Aliens are made up yo
aliens of some type are most defiantly real. with the size of the universe and the infinite variables. i find it incredibly ridiculously unlikely that our planet is the only one to hold life, hell, ill even go as far to say that we arent the only planet with "intelligent life".

now these aliens visiting and interacting with life on our planet?
could be made up, or it could be possible

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 pm

AbbyRoad wrote:
aliens of some type are most defiantly real. with the size of the universe and the infinite variables. i find it incredibly ridiculously unlikely that our planet is the only one to hold life, hell, ill even go as far to say that we arent the only planet with "intelligent life".

Totally agree. Glad some people realize the vast scope of our universe and can open their eyes to the facts...

Realistcally I think we have been visited before, are being visited now, and will continue to be visited. Not that they are trying to kill us, but that they observe. We could be an experiment of theirs for all we know. They are probably watching us, like we do to animals in Zoos. Observing. Studying. Maybe occasionally helping people build some of the great ancient wonders. Therse a lot of unexplained stuff historically. Baigong pipes, the perfect spheres in south america... much is unknown. And historically there have been many anecdotal sightings and even recorded bits, many ancient art shows strange "orbs" in the sky. If those are UFOs I do not know but I do not think we can overlook aliens having visited us in the past so eagerly.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:38 am

i read an explanation for the perfect spheres found all over the world.

this is not a perfect explanation because i read it a long time ago and have forgotten much
when the world was "new" and basically molten still. "bubbles" of different molten substances became suspended in denser substances. over time the earth cooled and these bubbles became perfect spheres of rock.
over time they have eroded their way to the surface where we find them and become amazed.

this is a real shitty explanation, but i had to say

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by jcube69 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:34 am

Yea flow has got the idea and i know a bit of math behind it....ehile im sure not as acurate in my head as it was when it was new it is some thing like this

The speed of light per second is about 300,000km using anti matter (positive electrons known as positrons and negative protons called antiprotons ) we can convert theoretically 100% of a substance's mass to pure enrgy
wikipedi wrote: In antimatter-matter collisions resulting in photon emission, the entire rest mass of the particles is converted to kinetic energy. The energy per unit mass (9×1016 J/kg) is about 10 orders of magnitude greater than chemical energy (compared to TNT at 4.2×106 J/kg, and formation of water at 1.56×107 J/kg), about 4 orders of magnitude greater than nuclear energy that can be liberated today using nuclear fission (about 200 MeV per atomic nucleus that undergoes nuclear fission,[31] or 8×1013 J/kg), and about 2 orders of magnitude greater than the best possible from fusion (about 6.3×1014 J/kg for the proton-proton chain). The reaction of 1 kg of antimatter with 1 kg of matter would produce 1.8×1017 J (180 petajoules) of energy (by the mass-energy equivalence formula E = mc²), or the rough equivalent of 43 megatons of TNT. For comparison, Tsar Bomb, the largest nuclear weapon ever detonated, reacted an estimated yield of 50 megatons, which required the use of tens of kilograms[citation needed] of fissile material
(Uranium/Plutonium) (hundreds for the full-yield 100 megaton design), and two tons of lithium deuteride (fusion fuel).[32]

so making a bomb the eqivlent size a nuclear bomb out of anti matter would be 4 times as powerfull...in essence it may be even better since it could take more matter with it....moving on

So assuming we could harness this antimatter (at current rates it would take about 100billion years for a gram cost more than the enrgy produced and take more energy to produce it than it makes, granted we also produce equal portions of regular matter with it so some cost may be negated)
wikipedia wrote:Some researchers claim that with current technology, it is possible to obtain antimatter for US$25 million per gram by optimizing the collision and collection parameters (given current electricity generation costs). Antimatter production costs, in mass production, are almost linearly tied in with electricity costs, so economical pure-antimatter thrust applications are unlikely to come online without the advent of such technologies as deuterium-tritium fusion power (assuming that such a power source actually would prove to be cheap).

Many experts, however, dispute these claims as being far too optimistic by many orders of magnitude. They point out that in 2004, the annual production of antiprotons at CERN was several picograms at a cost of $20 million. This means to produce 1 gram of antimatter, CERN would need to spend 100 quadrillion dollars and run the antimatter factory for 100 billion years.
now again curent limits set aside because there is a universal speed limit  seed and mass scale indirectly as one goes up the other goes down. Because of this we must acount for the mass of the shuttle we currently use  now my memory is a little fogy at yhese number but at our current mass (or a slightly lighter and more advanced form of craft with reduced mass)  the speeds obtainable are around 60,000km/s which is about 20% or 1/5 the speed of light

With these speeds space travel outside of our galaxy or at the far reaches would take such lengths of time that even with a generational ship by the time a trip was finished there is even the possibility that the people from the craft would essentially become another species as the changes between earth and the crews dna/mutations over many hundreda of generations would hecime uncompatable meaning childrwn would be born sterile as a donkey and a horse produce a mual or just entirly non compatable at all.....granted at this state of technological advancement im sure there would be a solution for this

Now you may ask hundreds of generations? Well just using tye geometry of our own galaxy ( think of a circle with a diameter of 100,000 light years and a thickness of about 1,000) so to explore in a decent area around us comparable to the actual size of the galaxy would mean we would need to travel about 10,000-20,000 light years from our planet in all directions meaning a huge volume to explore not to mention back and forth missions

With that vast amount of distances 20% actual light speed wouldbe a joke even with all obvious limits set aside and going 99.9% the speed of light 10,000 earth years is quite the span of time...

A cure for aging set aside traveking that fast in itself would create a "field" similar to gravity (to thosebof you who red my astronmy birthchart post its similair) that would distort time to the people and material on bored. So for them linear time  as we see it moves "slower" so journey could take just a few thousand years instead of the full 10,000 earth years experienced during the journey.

Clearly if we cant even explire our own galaxy there isnt really hope.

And thus warp therom is no proposed while theoretically possible and within our understanding to create a form if warp drive that could bend space is estimated to need the combined power of hundreds, thousands mabye even millions of stars...harvesting them could be detremental to our galaxy( although in the scope of universe prolly nothing more than harvesting materials on a planet)

Harvesting stars isnt very practical either so energy generation would be a must....this massive amount of energy is not able to be comprehended let alone the technology needed to produce the energy is out od the realm of imaginaation but most likley current physics laws aswell( which loop holes will prolly be found with propetual motion machines that harness energy from like other planes or dimensions or rewritten physic laws)

And this is still before we  talk about tge frictions with these speeds as flow mentioned basically at 60,000km a second a spec of space dust would probably incinerate everything let alone meteorites ...but with yhe technology for warp or antimatter generate a form of magnetic shield that could penetrate deeply into all materials or charge object briefly to be repeled is also very probable but would also take much away from the fuel source

So as you can see its not currently realistic. Even so the research from scratching the surface of all this and experimenting in space has givin our technology quite the jump.

Finally i have to touch on the whole teleportation idea ... Simplyput space travel is probablu easyer than this giant task. The two conceviable ways of implementing teleportation require (in basic sense) cloning and atom entanglement.

Cloning is what mist people think of when pondering teleportaion devices....since atoms have mass they could not be moved through space instantaniously(in universal time light speed is almost instantaneous compared to our linear earth time)like light. This wouldbrequire the breakdown of all atoms in the travelers body while simaltaneously recording each atoms location and makeup in a 3d cordinate system(keep in mind we are composed of trillions of cells each made from billions of atoms) this file size would be imense but data can be sent through light (though a file size of this magnitude would require forms of x or gamma rays)

The reciving device would thrn rebuild you like legos on the other side. Essentially this would be a clone since no physical element of you would be the same as raw materials were used in the building process
Finally we have entanglment and in the most basic sense is linking two atoms together through the quantom process called entanglement this would be a truer form of teleportation as every atom c
Would be linked together distance being negligable as it is not a factor. Essentuallyba set of atoms would be linked to your own (so for an instant you might be in two places at once) the energy or essence of the atoms would then switch and the entanglment process ended...you switched places with the other atoms at the deatination...thisbwould be truer as everything that makes you you would transfer concious and all no cloning involved

My knowledge on entaglment is thin so if youd like to understand more read below if not just skip it
With all these limitations with curent laws ans knowledge its not practical but also based on our knowledge things tend to change so wh knows what we will learn in the future

Side note: this was all done on an ipod touch so its not perfect by anymeans but you should catch the jeist of it
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Image

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by jcube69 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:42 am

Oh and aliens would either have had a greater length of time to explore these possabilities or have a greater capacity for intellegence making advancment much quicker for their species (think of vulcans for instance)
And im sure the burning of the library of alexander didnt help either thousands of years of knowledge just lost
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Image

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Nice Jcube :)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:49 am

blackxs wrote:
AbbyRoad wrote:

Totally agree. Glad some people realize the vast scope of our universe and can open their eyes to the facts...

Realistcally I think we have been visited before, are being visited now, and will continue to be visited. Not that they are trying to kill us, but that they observe. We could be an experiment of theirs for all we know. They are probably watching us, like we do to animals in Zoos. Observing. Studying. Maybe occasionally helping people build some of the great ancient wonders. Therse a lot of unexplained stuff historically. Baigong pipes, the perfect spheres in south america... much is unknown. And historically there have been many anecdotal sightings and even recorded bits, many ancient art shows strange "orbs" in the sky. If those are UFOs I do not know but I do not think we can overlook aliens having visited us in the past so eagerly.
`
and if you think universe isnt big enough - buy a telescope
"In Life, everyone starts out as a pawn, Every journey begins with a single move. . It's the decisions we make along the way that shapes our endgame."

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:31 pm

blackxs wrote:Havent I said this all before? I remember a VERY lengthy discussion I had with Ikku. He said ALL living organisms would need oxygen. I beleived differently and now NASA has found anaerobic bacteria all over... we also went over the speed of light discussion... but those posts were probably deleted...

And Flow you are totally missing the point. If someone asked if you could sleep with any girl in the world, would you respond "Well no, technically I cant, because women require a relationship before they make love to you so I would have to befriend them and buy them dinner and chocolates first before I could sleep with them so its not like I can sleep with ANYONE"

Use your f*ing imagination, damn dude.
Bumping this thread cause my name was brought up. :3

First off, I don't care what NASA says about pretty much anything. They made a big to do about this "arsenic based lifeforms" they found, but their research was total BS and even an undergrad science major could tell their research was flawed. It was presented as a big "pop science" piece on the news everywhere so everyone ate it up, but scientists the world over were giving them flak for their supposed "discovery."

Anyway, other than that, anaerobic bacteria are indeed all over. Bacteria. Not multicellular lifeforms. It's been a while since I took basic bio (about to start reviewing all that stuff for my MCAT) but aerobic respiration is something like 20-30x more efficient than anaerobic respiration. Your muscles use anaerobic respiration when they run out of oxygen and this causes lactic acid buildup and the usual soreness you get from exercise. So anaerobic respiration not only produces 20x less energy (per glucose/other energy source molecule) it also ends up being damaging in complex multicellular organisms because it creates damaging byproducts. I stand by my assertion I made a long time ago (before I even went to college): aliens are going to use oxygen. I'm almost 100% certain.

You can't change the chemistry of life so easily and expect it to work. Personally I think if there is any life out there it is also carbon based. The low atomic number elements are unique in that they have less complex electron orbitals and form bonds in very unique ways compared to the heavier elements, and the current setup is probably the only one that works for life. If other set ups worked, why would we have to go to other planets to find them, why isn't there silicon or nitrogen based lifeforms popping up on Earth? I think the chemistry just doesn't allow it.

Now that I'm done pwning blacky with knowledge as usual (sorry I'm just playin blacky :P) I'll just throw in my .02. I think aliens won't use UFOs or spaceships the way we typically think of them, I think they will open dimensional portals and use the interconnectedness of everything in the cosmos to bend space and time to their will. Maybe not aliens though, maybe that's what we'll end up doing once we unlock the full potentials of our minds.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:07 am

Ikku wrote:. I think aliens won't use UFOs or spaceships the way we typically think of them, I think they will open dimensional portals and use the interconnectedness of everything in the cosmos to bend space and time to their will. Maybe not aliens though, maybe that's what we'll end up doing once we unlock the full potentials of our minds.
i kinda agree with you. aliens are likely to use "portals" of some kind for long distance travel. but i also think its likely they would bring there own "vehicles" through these portals and use them for short distances once they arrived at the planned destination.

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:15 am

I'm 99% for the portals idea.
:scratchs: