A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Re: Crazy thought

Post by Bubbles » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:54 pm

andriaSRH wrote:
Bubbles wrote:if she keeps the baby with her when she travels back to 2040, will you then have a 35 year old baby?
Hm. Wouldn't the baby just be a baby? Technically she'd be 35 years old, but her mental state would still be that of a baby.

Ha cha cha!
well we know there is no way in hell the baby would suddenly become an adult. its just difficult to put a number on it. technically shes been alive for 35 years, but at the same time she never experienced any of that time.

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:12 am

Bubbles wrote:A Mother who is 5 now, but 35 in 2040 goes back in time to right now, she has a baby and goes back to the future. how would everything work out? the mother would have been gone for 9 months to a year, but could return to 2040 moments after she left, how would other people around her experience this?

how old would the mother be? when she goes back to 2040, and her child is only 5 years younger, what now?

the very moment the child was born would she know her child?

This doesn't make any sense to me...the mother is 5 right now? how can she be a mother at 5? so shes 35 in 2040 but goes back in time to right now? so she isnt a mother yet but shes still 35 and shes coming back in time to right now to the time when she was 5.... so she has a baby right now, while shes back in time, when she WAS 5 (nnow) but shes 35 right now too because she went back in time,so she goes back to the future...how would it work out? how would other people around her experience this? well...she would be walking around with no baby...then suddenly she would have said baby....and thats it!

People would be like "didnt that girl used to not have a baby???"

then the other people would be like

"yeah, ive never seen her with one before

then the other girl who spoke first would say

"oh well it must be her baby cousin/neice/nephew" etc.
:scratchs:

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:03 pm

Time travel is 100%, completely, and totally infeasible, impossible and unobtainable.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:57 pm

wgToonces wrote:
Bubbles wrote:A Mother who is 5 now, but 35 in 2040 goes back in time to right now, she has a baby and goes back to the future. how would everything work out? the mother would have been gone for 9 months to a year, but could return to 2040 moments after she left, how would other people around her experience this?

how old would the mother be? when she goes back to 2040, and her child is only 5 years younger, what now?

This doesn't make any sense to me...the mother is 5 right now? how can she be a mother at 5? so shes 35 in 2040 but goes back in time to right now? so she isnt a mother yet but shes still 35 and shes coming back in time to right now to the time when she was 5.... so she has a baby right now, while shes back in time, when she WAS 5 (nnow) but shes 35 right now too because she went back in time,so she goes back to the future...how would it work out? how would other people around her experience this? well...she would be walking around with no baby...then suddenly she would have said baby....and thats it!

People would be like "didnt that girl used to not have a baby???"

then the other people would be like

"yeah, ive never seen her with one before

then the other girl who spoke first would say

"oh well it must be her baby cousin/neice/nephew" etc.
Wow..didn't know it was possible, but you made that like 10 times more confusing then it already was.

The little conversation made me laugh. "Didn't that chick not have a baby yesterday? Yea? O well, moving on"

:lol:

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:22 am

blackxs wrote:Time travel is 100%, completely, and totally infeasible, impossible and unobtainable.
i agree, but its still fun to think about.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:35 am

Time travel is only possible traveling forwards in time, traveling backwards would cause paradoxes.

If a team of test subjects would leave on a voyage through space in a vessel that flies at say 98% of the speed of light and fly at that speed for 10 years then they would return to an Earth where 50 years had passed, making them time travelers.

Now the 10years @98% speed of light = 50 earth years isn't correct as I don't know the exact equation,but you catch my drift right, the faster you travel the slower time passes for the people on board, so while everyone else experienced 50 years on earth they experienced 10 in their vessel.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Stephen Hawkings Time Travel television special ftw

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:01 pm

AbbyRoad wrote:Stephen Hawkings Time Travel television special ftw
Did I mention I wub you lately Abby?

:applause:
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:02 pm

andriaSRH wrote:
andriaSRH wrote:

When the mother returns to 2040 she would still be 35 or 36 depending on when her birthday was.

From what I've learned from movies, the mother going back into time and having a child would corrupt the space time continuum (lol)..in other words make a riff in time. When the mother goes back to 2040 she would have a 30 year old daughther somewhere, but who's to say she'd still have the same life she had before she traveled back into time.

If she took off after having her child in 2010 the child wouldn't have a mother...right? Unless the mother left the child with her parents to live with her 5 year old self.

Maybe when she returns to 2040 her daughter would actually be her sister...since they could have possibly been raised together. :stoned2:
Does no one want to mass debate this? :lol:
Most of us would rather spend our time problem solving real issues and using common sense to help find solutions, instead of being totally hypothetical talking about a situation that will never, has never, and could never happen.

Although I will give the only real logical answer for the hell of it

If a 35 year old woman went back in time and impregneated her 5 year old self, then her (currently) 0 year old baby would progress along the time line per usual, she would be 30 in 2040. It would by all technical accounts be the woman's daughter. The 5 year old 2010 self would have raised the baby and so the baby would have had a mother, and when her 5 year old self grows up to be 35, she will go back in time and re-impregeneant herself.

Technically time would at this point flow in a circle, creating a paradox, as the woman when she reaches 35 will go back in time and impregneant herself (unless you think there is some sort of "time stop" or unless somsone else time travels to intervene to stop her, but by all logical accounts, she will follow her natural timeline and in her natural timeline she goes back in time at age 35), everytime, and there will end up being multiple versions of herself. This is because when she goes back in time to impregneant herself, there are two versions of her. One goes back to 2040 after impregnating herself, ages, etc. The 5 year old slowly ages to 35, travels back in time to impregneant herself, goes back to the future, ages, etc. Now there are 3 of this woman. Everytime she travels back in time, another one of herself is created.

This is largely why I think time travel is impossible. There isnt anything IN the past. ALL that exists, exists NOW. If we went back into the past there would be NOTHING there because everything that WAS the past, BECAME the present, all the PAST technology evolved to give way to new technology and if somehow we COULD travel back in time, there would be NOTHING there. It would be a void. ALL that exists is the present. The past is only an illusion given to us via our memories. The future is only an illusion given to us thanks to our ability to process potential events and outcomes. There is no "past selves" to travel to. There are not versions of ourself, frozen in time, waiting for us to come back and jumpstart time. If we went back in time, like I said, there would be NOTHING there. The ONLY way to REALLY time travel would be to reverse time, by doing that you only utilize one of yourself, and do not circumvent the linear time line. HOWEVER the downfall to this is you would never know, our time could be reversing ALL the time, we wouldnt know. Time could be stopping and unstopping all the time, we have no idea.

Time travel is impossible and this is one of the stupidest hypothetical discussions I have ever taken part of, no offence to anyone.

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:20 am

^^Well... Damn :shock:

bye guys.
:scratchs:

pudd1818
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by pudd1818 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:35 am

The earth travels around the sun, so every year the planet is in the same position in relation to the sun, but the sun also moves. So even though the earth would be in the same position relation to the sun, it wouldn't be in the same location in the universe. Therefore if she traveled back in time 35 years she would die in the vacuum of space.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:40 am

What..the..fuck
blackxs wrote:If a 35 year old woman went back in time and impregneated her 5 year old self
:rofl:
Last edited by andriaSRH on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:28 am

WeedGuru_Flow wrote:
AbbyRoad wrote:Stephen Hawkings Time Travel television special ftw
Did I mention I wub you lately Abby?

:applause:
all my other time travel info comes from futurama!

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:25 pm

andriaSRH wrote:What..the..fuck
blackxs wrote:If a 35 year old woman went back in time and impregneated her 5 year old self
Remind me how thats funny? I play along with your stupid hypothetical situation and all you can do is laugh at the stupid statement I was forced to play along with. I explained how the rest of this stupid situation is totally impossible, are you really DENSE enough to somehow still think you are smarter in any subject matter than me, let alone, this particular matter? Really? I mean good for you but, lmfao

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:40 am

blackxs wrote:
andriaSRH wrote:What..the..fuck
Remind me how thats funny? I play along with your stupid hypothetical situation and all you can do is laugh at the stupid statement I was forced to play along with. I explained how the rest of this stupid situation is totally impossible, are you really DENSE enough to somehow still think you are smarter in any subject matter than me, let alone, this particular matter? Really? I mean good for you but, lmfao
shes not impregnating her 5 year old self shes impregnating her 35 year old self. Which would leave the child motherless, and the mother childless.

and also.. either Blacky you fuck off, or Andria you fuck off, or you both put each other on ignore and end this bullshit squabbling.