Crazy thought

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Crazy thought

Post by Bubbles » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:40 am

A Mother who is 5 now, but 35 in 2040 goes back in time to right now, she has a baby and goes back to the future. how would everything work out? the mother would have been gone for 9 months to a year, but could return to 2040 moments after she left, how would other people around her experience this?

how old would the mother be? when she goes back to 2040, and her child is only 5 years younger, what now?

the very moment the child was born would she know her child?

pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Re: Crazy thought

Post by pkkupo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:41 am

This type of shit goes in the *OMG I'm so High* thread, you ridiculous devil.
Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:54 am

:rofl:

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:47 am

First time I read it I was stoned and I couldn't make any sense of your little paradox Bubs, and to be honest now that I am sober it makes even less sense :p

I'll try responding to your query when I'm drunk and stoned out of my skull!
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Bubbles wrote:A Mother who is 5 now, but 35 in 2040 goes back in time to right now, she has a baby and goes back to the future. how would everything work out? the mother would have been gone for 9 months to a year, but could return to 2040 moments after she left, how would other people around her experience this?

how old would the mother be? when she goes back to 2040, and her child is only 5 years younger, what now?

When the mother returns to 2040 she would still be 35 or 36 depending on when her birthday was.

From what I've learned from movies, the mother going back into time and having a child would corrupt the space time continuum (lol)..in other words make a riff in time. When the mother goes back to 2040 she would have a 30 year old daughther somewhere, but who's to say she'd still have the same life she had before she traveled back into time.

If she took off after having her child in 2010 the child wouldn't have a mother...right? Unless the mother left the child with her parents to live with her 5 year old self.

Maybe when she returns to 2040 her daughter would actually be her sister...since they could have possibly been raised together. :stoned2:

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm

so she's 5 at present moment? she comes back in time from 2040 to have a baby at the age of 5???

i think your thought is a little more than crazy
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:48 pm

i think the people around her will wonder he the hell she got a baby that fast.

For the mother aged 35 traveling back to when she was 5 nothing will change, for the 5 year old nothing will change either, given that the older and younger versions don't run into each other.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:so she's 5 at present moment? she comes back in time from 2040 to have a baby at the age of 5???

That would only be the case if travelling in time meant reverting back to the age you were in a specfic year.

Which in that case...Bubbles, you're thought is ten different kinds of crazy and pretty creepy :lol:

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 am

andriaSRH wrote:
Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:so she's 5 at present moment? she comes back in time from 2040 to have a baby at the age of 5???

That would only be the case if travelling in time meant reverting back to the age you were in a specfic year.

Which in that case...Bubbles, you're thought is ten different kinds of crazy and pretty creepy :lol:
rofl no. totally meant it the way most people understood.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:04 pm

fair enough dude, my misconseption, lol.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:59 pm

andriaSRH wrote:
Bubbles wrote:A Mother who is 5 now, but 35 in 2040 goes back in time to right now, she has a baby and goes back to the future. how would everything work out? the mother would have been gone for 9 months to a year, but could return to 2040 moments after she left, how would other people around her experience this?

When the mother returns to 2040 she would still be 35 or 36 depending on when her birthday was.

From what I've learned from movies, the mother going back into time and having a child would corrupt the space time continuum (lol)..in other words make a riff in time. When the mother goes back to 2040 she would have a 30 year old daughther somewhere, but who's to say she'd still have the same life she had before she traveled back into time.

If she took off after having her child in 2010 the child wouldn't have a mother...right? Unless the mother left the child with her parents to live with her 5 year old self.

Maybe when she returns to 2040 her daughter would actually be her sister...since they could have possibly been raised together. :stoned2:
Does no one want to mass debate this? :lol:

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:56 am

if she keeps the baby with her when she travels back to 2040, will you then have a 35 year old baby?

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:18 am

i really dont understand the scenario

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:34 pm

I understand it, but it's rather pointless.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Bubbles wrote:if she keeps the baby with her when she travels back to 2040, will you then have a 35 year old baby?
Hm. Wouldn't the baby just be a baby? Technically she'd be 35 years old, but her mental state would still be that of a baby.

Ha cha cha!