Worst way to die?

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: Worst way to die?

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:06 pm

SToNeR ChRiS wrote:Drowning, being buried alive or burning to death seem like things that would have to be brought on by someone else really trying to cause foul play.
Yeah i get ya, like that Tsunami in Japan last year, or the massive floods in pakistan in '10. Serious foul play, lol. I'm just playing around man, but you get my point right? Death by drowing is no kind of rarity. In fact, i read an article this morning about 2 Roma children who drowned off the coast of Italy.

How many people were buried alive in the earthquake in Haiti? I would expect that there were more than the amount of people who died in plane crashes last year.

As for the anxiety, well, there is just no debate on that. What makes you anxious is entirely unique to you.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:57 pm

in canada drowning is common in canada. lots of people die each summer on vacation. and its common in the winter too. snowmobiles fall through the ice

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:
SToNeR ChRiS wrote:Drowning, being buried alive or burning to death seem like things that would have to be brought on by someone else really trying to cause foul play.
Yeah i get ya, like that Tsunami in Japan last year, or the massive floods in pakistan in '10. Serious foul play, lol. I'm just playing around man, but you get my point right? Death by drowing is no kind of rarity. In fact, i read an article this morning about 2 Roma children who drowned off the coast of Italy.

How many people were buried alive in the earthquake in Haiti? I would expect that there were more than the amount of people who died in plane crashes last year.

As for the anxiety, well, there is just no debate on that. What makes you anxious is entirely unique to you.
Touché :wink:
1,200 people die in plane crashes each year; 30,000 die during sex each year, with heart attack being the main cause. Mosquitoes kill 1m a year.
Suddenly, I'm not so afraid anymore.

As I said though the likelihood of any of the options actually happening is a pretty irrelevant point that I shouldn't have even brought up. Regardless of how likely one or the other is, it shouldn't change the fact that that specific way would be the worst way to go. Because you only live once. Still though, your point was a good one. One that I'll think about every time I board a plane! haha it's funny because I don't actually have a phobia or anything. I've just had bad vibes about flying only recently and I can't really explain why.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:24 am

Eternal sandpaper/cheesegrater "water" slide, with boiling hot oil for "water"
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:45 am

In regards to the plane crash, I've never had that fear ever. I go through bouts of serious depression and while I could never take my own life, sometimes when I get on a plane I think how nice it would be if it just crashed. Maybe I only have those thoughts because the odds are so low and if it were a realer possibility it might scare me. But from my perspective now, I don't even think it would cause any anxiety in me, precisely -because- there would be nothing I could do about it so there would be no point in feeling sorry for myself or fighting or struggling. I would just concentrate on one point and breathe OM
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:05 am

slowly, cruelly, with total awareness of your situation...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

blacky0g
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by blacky0g » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Being slowly digested by a Sarlacc

Ricardo
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Ricardo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 am

I think dying of hunger would be pretty horrible... I wouldbe sooooo hungry resorting to eating dirt and tree bark... kinda funny but horrible nontheless

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:30 pm

one thing I'm afraid off when it comes to death, is to become so physically weak that you're not able to do anything, and just waste away while still being completely aware of your surroundings.

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:10 am

Being sentenced............. Knowing that you will die, for certain. It's not the dying that you need to worry about, it's the knowing. You take a soldier, shot on duty, he's wrapped up in the pain, yet always will have a scared "im ok, im ok" mentality. We all expect to be living, but knowing that for certain you will be put to death must be a mental torture to end all tortures. If you believe in the bible, then you'll know christ spoke of such tortures and even he himself was going to turn from god when he knew he was to die (garden of gethsemanae part??? not sure)... if you don't, then read Dostoyevsky's 'The Idiot' (Chapt 2, i think) and you'll be put in one hell of a mindset... Also the same goes for people who are condemned to death through illness as well as crimes, tho' crimes are the more obvious. Someone told that they only have 6 months left to live through illness will see seconds turn to minutes, minutes to hours, hours to days, days to weeks, weeks to months, months to years...... and likewise. It's not dying we need to worry about. It's knowing.
Four star familiar.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:08 pm

leprechaun wrote:if you don't, then read Dostoyevsky's 'The Idiot' (Chapt 2, i think) and you'll be put in one hell of a mindset...
are you talking about Hippolyte?

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:52 pm

http://www.literaturepage.com/read/theidiot-22.html

Edit: read that and the next page... it messed up my view on the death penalty.
Four star familiar.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:03 pm

That was intense. Thanks for sharing.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:03 am

Dostoevsky is the shit. I can't remember what story I first read... but I recall a part where some lonely guy was jealous of a dude who got his ass kicked out of a bar just because they even bothered interacting with him. :lol:
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am

he was actually sentenced to be killed by firing squad, but was "pardoned" just as they were about to shoot him. Something like that. He knows what that feeling is like.