Innovative Ideas - Medical Tech Sector

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Innovative Ideas - Medical Tech Sector

Post by leprechaun » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:55 pm

If anyone could fire some ideas about business concepts concerning the medical tech sector please leave a comment...

Be it a fun way for euthanasia, a drug rehabilitation scheme, an improvement on hearing aids, blind stuff, online sex ed classes, anything medical, anything at all, every idea is welcome.

Must be somewhat feasible.
Four star familiar.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Re: Innovative Ideas - Medical Tech Sector

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:38 pm

It's quite hard to think one up that isn't completely ridiculous or far-fetched, at least without mentioning existing technologies.

But anesthesia can be quite scary to some people, what with the mouthmask and everything.

Maybe make anesthetics in the form of pills, you have your patients pop them half an hour to an hour prior to their surgery/whatever , shouldn't be hard to dose, isn't quite as scary as lying on the table in the surgical theatre and can be done in the comfort of family and friends while in the waiting room or whatever.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Great start, i for one am shit scared of needles. Dentist visits consist of me squeezing the arm rests whilst loudly humming ode to joy in an attempt to distract from the pain (gas isn't allowed, unless you go to a private clinic).

Using existing technologies is still allowed... But only if you can use them differently. For example, the online interactive sex ed classes... Could these be rolled out to primary schools? Has anything similar been done? Is it feasible? Or could existing hearing aid technology be used for pets, and again ask the same questions. Plus any other ideas.
Four star familiar.

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 pm

If you could re-design the hospital bed, what could you add?
Four star familiar.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:32 pm

I know of one thing that I think could be interesting for the consumers ( but still used in regards of health) and that is a monitoring system that sends out an alert to whoever is supposed to get it that there has not been recorded any movement for a set amount of time.

It would be very helpful for the elderly in case they should fall down and hurt themselves.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:04 am

^what about sleeping ? ;)

Probably add sanitation, it can't be that hard to provide a comfortable, respectful way for bed ridden patients to go about their business without the need for bed pans or other humiliating interference.

Like some type of exosuit that one can wear easily, kind of like a diaper only less humiliating and automated so it basically keeps everything down there clean and gets rid of waste materials without discomfort.

Then, a bit further out, I would design the bed in such a way that it can transform into a wheelchair without the need for the patient to get out, it just folds itself around the patient.

The patient would of course have full control over his space.. hospital bed's mobility and thus even bed ridden patients could benefit from being autonomous and mobile. to an extent of course.

Add wireless communication devices to that along with a smart screen and voila ! You have a patient that can move about on his own, on the hospital's property at least, that can be monitored from a distance at all times.

Also, I think it would be good for bed sores, immobile patients get them by lying on the same side for too long, having a bed that you can change to fit your needs is awesome, all they have to do is push a button and their body would be shifted.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

capnrosie
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by capnrosie » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:43 am

LOL, strange to hear fun and euthanasia in the same sentence :P

Drug rehabilitation centers - focus on a holistic approach to health. Jails, too. It's like giving kids a giant time-out and degrading them - does this make them stronger people who understand the whys? Nope. I'd imagine it just makes em more angry and likely to lash-out. The stats for restorative justice programs (i'm speaking specifically of Canada's Indigenous groups) have relatively low re-offense rates (which means they're either not getting caught or somethings working.)

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:09 am

capnrosie wrote:LOL, strange to hear fun and euthanasia in the same sentence :P
fun and euthanasia.
Four star familiar.

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:15 am

We have settled (against my wishes, though we are short for time) on a blanket type thing that can be used as a replacement for incubators... There is already something similar but we plan to somehow improve upon it.

Views / opinions / ideas very much appreciated.

(would like to point out this is all hypothetical work)

On a side note, I have come up with a confectionery product which I genuinely am considering..... It would be easily imitated so i wont mention it unless i actually go through with it, and in this case i will have taken out a loan to patent the idea to be on the safe side.
Four star familiar.