Was Shakespeare a stoner?

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Was Shakespeare a stoner?

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:18 am

I have always found odd sensations regarding Shakespeare. His work that I have delved into was too forced upon me during my stint in the academic realm to afford me the chance to know him beyond what I was expected to delineate of his poetry and place into a word formula for marks, something far removed from the original inspiration of the verse. And yet, the brief dealings I have had with my countryman since those days when my English Literature standard was at best slovenly – every assignment returned with more red ink demanding corrections than blue ticks for quality work – have proven far more impressionable.

As much as I am more focused on less florid wordsmithery (other than when my heart is ablaze with amour), I have learned to understand that any form of art which moves people in heart and head, which inspires, sickens, excites, grabs you by the throat, shakes your femurs, causes your deepest of tides to flow high and powerfully, is valuable art. Regardless of the medium or language. What more could any artist aspire towards? This dawned upon me when finding my tear ducts a dam of waves when attending a ballet many moons ago, the story of which was lost on me, but the feelings conjured by the monstrously built yet dainty as a sparrow on his lower paws lead character…were immense. I could have cried for that beastly wolfman in tights!
On this score, Shakespeare was a Duke. Because he is still inspiring and moving hearts and heads to this very day. I will never become a Hamlet devotee as I am naturally more suited to the scorching wild flames of Medea and the fairy-tale enchantment of my favourite play of all time, Swan White, yet nonetheless, Shakespeare was a Pro. His work has affected millions, if not billions…And it appears that the velveteen penned wordsmith may have enjoyed the odd toke to loosen the mind and encourage his creative rivers to flow…

Recent advances in forensic testing have found traces of cannabis on four pipe fragments pulled from the great bard’s garden. Could the green have been the catalyst for his majestically crafted genius? We will likely never know for sure, yet find a few clues in his ink…such as Sonnet 76 which refers to ‘invention to a noted weed’.

Professor Francis Thackeray of the South African University of Witwatersrand led the research and has made such claims of Shakespeare’s drug use in the past (though without the evidence now in hand). Not content to sit back and feel vindicated by the recent revelations, the determined old boot has called for the Church of England to exhume Shakepeare’s grave, to finally put that matter once and for all to rest, along with the bones.
‘“If there is any hair, if there is any keratin from the fingernails or toenails, then we will be in a position to undertake chemical analysis on extremely small samples for marijuana,”
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/