Post by callmeandy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:46 pm

Thank you! :)
If life gives you lemons, find a way to get high off them
[img]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu1.jpg[/img]

godSend
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by godSend » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:49 am

i recently was hooked up with a fair number of percs(percocet) and i was wondering how much oxycondone each perc has in them, they are 325mgs each
No sympathy for the devil...You buy the ticket, you take the ride.
[img]http://www.faceparty.com/public/709/thumbs/ghomer_5130951.jpg[/img]

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:13 pm

The drugs themselves are the same. The preparations are different.

Oxycotin contains more oxycodone then percocet. Oxycontin is also "time released" drug while percocet is not.

In a time released drug you can take a larger dose that will be administered througout the body over a substantial longer period of time. If you crush up and snort oxycontin however then the time release is no longer there giving you an immediate "high"

I guess I really didn't answer your question, but that's all I got!?!
Get busy living or get busy dying.

MobSteR
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by MobSteR » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:28 pm

Okay everyone here is confusing the situation. To clarify the subject, OxyContin is a brand name and is pure oxycodone.

Oxycodone is the opiate that makes you go "durrrrr" when you take a lot of it.

Other painkillers, such as Vicodin, Percoset, etc. contain a small amount of oxycodone, and a large amount of acetaminophen. That's why vicodins are like 500 mg; the 500 mg is really the amount of acetaminophen. The prescription bottle usually has something like 7.5/500 on the bottom of the bottle, and that tells you that there is 7.5 mg of oxycodone, and 500 mg acetaminophen.

That's why an 80 mg OxyContin is like $50 (up here at least). It is 80/0, ie. a really concentrated painkiller.

Whatever you do, do not snort the percosets. They are a waste of time snorting. Just take like 2-4 of them at a time, and you'll be good.

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:31 pm

wow this is an old thread, i thought we dropped this but back to the time release you can get rid of the time release by wetting your fingers and rubbing the toutside of the pill. the time release is a coat around the pill it can be melted off.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

Juicy J
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Juicy J » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:13 pm

Whatever happen to callmeandy? he back in rehab somewhere or something.. Anyone ever talk to him?
We smile wit dem gold teeth, I'm walkin wit a limp, smokin on a newport bumpin like a pimp.

[img]http://www.floridapl8s.com/collection/vanity/juicyj.jpg[/img]

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:29 pm

maybe he moved up to the mountains somewhere and now resembles that guy in his sig.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

SladeHino
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SladeHino » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:37 pm

Well I know when I had a few Oxycodone pills they didn't do anything, maybe I didn't have enough. But I got them prescribed when my jaw broke or when i went to the hospital sometime recently.

Weedguru Gooster
Bonghead
Bonghead

Re: oxycodone

Post by Weedguru Gooster » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:40 pm

SmokyMcPot420 wrote:
callmeandy wrote:
DrGrEEnThUMb wrote:its the generic version of oxycotton. its not as bad and much less addictive than oxycotton.
Ive come across this stuff twice both times it was great. I got one pill left to snort tomm. i got the 80mg tabs
they have the same addiction potential, they are just as bad.
sorry to burst your bubble man but you are completelty wrong. my mom was presribed oxycodone for a surgery. i snorted atleast half the bottle over months of period of time. i could snort two pills a day and barely be fucked up and not fein (sp?) it the next day. oxy CONTIN on the other hand, i split an 80 with my boy in the matter of three nights(would split a quarter at a time and it would completely fuck my world up) about 2 weeks ago, and i am still feinin that shit like a mother fucker up to this point. just speaking from experience man. no flame intended.
You nailed it. Oxycodone is Vicodin. Its basically hydrocodone. NOT Oxycontin. Or HillBilly Heroin as we call it. OC comes it 10mg 20mg 40mg 80mg and 100mg. It has a coating designed to slow release it into system after swallowing. You scrape off that shit and snort it, and its as close to heroin as you can get without hitting demerol, dilaudid, or morphine. I used to have a huge oxycontin addiction. People pay 20$ for a 40mg tab of oxycontin here. Oxycodone is something a doc will give you for a sprained ankle. Oxycontin is schedule III and is almost impossible to get now due to all the publicity regarding addiction, deaths via OD, people robbing pharmacies with AKs to get it, etc. OC is one of the most addictive and powerful drugs around. Im GLAD I kicked it, it took me about 2 weeks of sweating, puking, shivering, and generally wishing I was dead. Man I wish I had some...

Bookmark | Print | Tell a friend | Check Mail | Forum | Contact | Map | Search
Codeine Information Facts Oxycodone
Oxycodone

Note: Since these substances are related, please refer to Codeine Facts for more information on precautions, interactions, mechanism of action and effects.

Facts

Oxycodone is a semisynthetic opiate agonist derived from the opioid alkaloid, thebaine, and is similar to other phenanthrene derivatives such as hydrocodone and morphine. Oxycodone is used to control moderate to severe pain, including cancer pain, postoperative, postextractional, and postpartum pain and non-pain syndromes such as restless leg and Tourette syndromes. Oxycodone has the same potency as morphine (but considerably less side effects) and may be an alternative in users or patients who can not tolerate morphine or hydromorphone.

Listen to the correct pronunciation of the word oxycodone.

Precautions

Related information: codeine precautions

Interactions

Related information: codeine interactions

Administration

Oxycodone can be administered orally (most effective), intramuscularly, subcutaneously (skin popping), intravenously, intranasally (sniffing or snorting), rectally and transdermally (eg by skin patches).

Intravenous administration is associated with rapid onset (5 minutes) of the effects and a short duration, while rectal administration provides longer onset (30-60 minutes) of the effects and up to 3 times longer duration, although there is no difference in the potency.

Dosage

Related information: codeine dosage

Metabolism

Oxycodone is about 45% protein bound. Once absorbed, oxycodone is distributed to skeletal muscle, liver, intestinal tract, lungs, spleen, and the CNS. Oxycodone has been found in breast milk. Metabolism of oxycodone occurs in the liver with excretion principally in the urine. Oxycodone is metabolised to noroxycodone. Conversion to oxymorphone is mediated by the cytochrome P450-2D6 (CYP2D6).

Oxycodone is excreted mainly as a conjugate whereas noroxycodone mostly in an unconjugated form. The plasma half-life is 3-5 hours.

Effects

The effects start in 10-30 minutes. Peak effects occur in 60-90 minutes and last for 4-6 hours.

Oxycodone has been reported to be as effective as morphine in relieving pain when given in equianalgesic doses and to cause less nausea, vomiting and hallucinations.

Effects are up to 8 times more potent than those of codeine. Oxycodone is similar to codeine and methadone in that it retains at least one half of its analgesic activity when administered orally.

Extraction

With oxycodone tablets that may include other substances, such as paracetamol, the extraction method is the same as with codeine.

Drug testing

Following the administration of oxycodone, the following substances can be detected up to 72 hours after (depends upon the dose, its frequency, route of administration and urine excretion/dilution): oxycodone and oxymorphone.

Opioids can be detected in urine, blood, bile, hair, nails and sweat.

Chemistry

Oxycodone differs structurally from hydrocodone only in the attachment of a hydroxyl group to carbon 14 on the phenanthrene nucleus.

Name Oxycodone
Chemical name 4,5-alpha-epoxy-14-hydroxy-3-methoxy-17-methyl-Morphinan-6-one
Alternative chemical names dihydrohydroxycodeinone, 14-hydroxydihydrocodeinone
CAS Number 000076-42-6
Chemical formula C18H21NO4
Molecular weight 315.40
Melting point 218-220°C

Oxycodone occurs as white crystalline powder (long rods or as tautomeric, strongly refringent scales). Oxycodone is well soluble in alcohol (1g of oxycodone hydrochloride in 60ml of ethyl alcohol) and chloroform, nearly soluble in ammonia, ether, water, potassium and sodium hydroxide. Oxycodone is commercially available as the hydrochloride salt or in combination preparations as the hydrochloride and the terephthalate salts. Oxycodone hydrochloride preparations should be stored in tight containers and generally should be protected from light and stored at 15-30°C.

Name Oxycodone hydrochloride
Chemical name 4,5-alpha-epoxy-14-hydroxy-3-methoxy-17-methyl-Morphinan-6-one hydrochloride
Alternative names dihydrohydroxycodeinone hydrochloride, 14-hydroxydihydrocodeinone hydrochloride
CAS Number 124-90-3
Chemical formula C18H21NO4.HCl
Molecular weight 351.86
pH ca 1.4-4 (oral solution)

Related information: 3D oxycodone molecule

Synthesis/Conversions

Oxymorphone from Oxycodone (@ Rhodium)

Gooster the pharmacist
"Its a pipe not a pulpit, so pass it on or get accosted."
mcchris

godSend
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by godSend » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:05 pm

Your both wrong, the reason why andy wasn't getting high is because he'd gained a good tolerance to the drug, even a few days in succesion can give you tolerancy, and the fiend is mostly mental, accept for with drawl symptoms, Oxycotin is the time released form of oxycondone, and no your doctor wouldn't give it you for a sprang, you rmore likely to get percocets or codiene and for any nay sayers check this website and stfu

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/oxycodone/oxycodone.shtml

Weedguru Gooster
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Weedguru Gooster » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:29 am

I looked at that same site! ROFl, oh well, my bad. I went to the link http://codeine.50g.com/info/oxycodone.html and it was not clear to me they were the same. Oh well, my bad.

Gooster who doenst know it all after all
"Its a pipe not a pulpit, so pass it on or get accosted."
mcchris

godSend
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by godSend » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:23 am

thats what i'm here for :lol:

thc.greenthumb
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by thc.greenthumb » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:01 am

Oxycontin is the slow release version of oxycodone that comes in 10, 20, 40, and 80 mg doses. You should have fun with those 80s, but be careful as oxy is highly addictive.

godSend
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by godSend » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:21 am

amen to that, 4 days on that stuff and you just itching for another. don't into that no more tho :D

dbhigh333
Why Hello There !

oxycontin

Post by dbhigh333 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:38 am

Oxycontin is the time release form of oxycodone. It has a permeable "shell" for a coating. By scraping or sucking this out membrane off the pill, you now have pure oxycodone to work with(i.e. crushing for snorting or injection). You can merely chew up oxycontins too for immediate release.

Most other forms of oxycodone come mixed with tylenol (percoset for example has 5 mgs. oxycodone/325 tylenol apap) or aspirin (percodan).

There is a vast difference between swallowing a 80 mg oxycontin whole compared to crushing by chewing. If snorting/firing is your need, please remove outside membrane so you don't get the plastic polymers in your nostril/vein.

For someone with no opiate tolerance, I would recommend chewing, snorting or firing no more than 40 mgs or you could have more than you bargained for. I speak with a straight tongue.