Alcohol...

The place to chat about drugs other than marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: Alcohol...

Post by JTP » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Told myself it wouldn't happen. I told myself there were better, more fun ways to wreck my liver.

But god dammit, I love combining drugs.

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:30 am

No doubt about it, I drink way more than I smoke now. Right now I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I know my younger self would be thoroughly dissapointed. :violin:
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:10 am

Since relations with my Queen became more deeply rooted in everything we both are and where we both wish to be, for now and the future, her discouragement at my drinking habits has grown into demands for change, or in the least rapid improvement. So from the last few of drinking vodka most, if not all nights, heavily...I have cut down to often 2-3 nights per week without drinking any alcohol, and now only drink wine in the week, 2-3 glasses of white, before and with my dinner. More is roared for, but for now, I hope you fiends agree with me, that I am doing well for starters...Admittedly, I feel more energetic, more alive, and the next step now is to maintain what I have achieved and perhaps stick to those 2-3 glasses of white, for all nights of the week other than Saturday or Friday, binge, when there is a reason to binge. From drunk, to sophisticated wine and pasta man...why not eh???
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Cheers animal. I'm trying to pump the brakes on my drinking as well. I'd like to cut it out completely but that's probably not happening. I don't do much solo drinking anymore, but I still consider myself alcoholic. I'm workin on it.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:05 pm

my future room mate and i had a serious convo about our drinking when we live together.
she often walks the fine line of alcoholism. and when i stayed with her for a month last summer we drank everyday.
theres a slight concern we might drink tooooooo much. but i think i have the willpower to turn down drinks even when she is getting drunk.

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:22 am

I'm the total opposite of all you guys, I need to drink more... and will do so. It is superior in both feeling and lifestyle to the meth and heroin that has inundated my friends and social interactions.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:56 am

so whilst consumed by an extremely large amount of Jack Daniels I broke down emotionally. I have never broke down emotionally before in my life an a lot of stuff came out about life to a good friend of mine. She is engaged to a good friend and she gave me a huge hug while letting me let it all out so to speak.

At the time it was liberating, but after my alcohol fueled emotional break down came to pass and after my hangover departed I felt like a huge fool telling my deepest feelings to another individual. I am unsure how she or her fiance ( who I imagine she told) will view me in the future.

I don't even know why I'm letting you all in on this, but what do you all think? should I have done this? how do you think those two will perceive me going forward? feedback in this form is much better than human contact or at least so I think. I also have not had anything to drink since and don't think I will be getting drunk. for a long time, maybe ever.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:46 am

Your story's a bit vague for me to really give you an answer. But I imagine it's too personal for you to share any more than that? The way you're telling it makes me suspect that you did something along the lines of confess your love to someone who is engaged, which I definitely don't think you should have done. If it's something else though, idk man. Need more details.

Staying away from alcohol is always a wise decision. About a month after I made my previous post in this thread I got my DWI after solo drinking. It's like I was standing there watching myself make all these horrible decisions, for kicks or something. /facepalm
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:04 am

it had nothing to do with confessing my love for someone who is engaged. I value both of there friendships too much to do something like that. it was more along the lines of where I am in life compared to that of my peers. Granted I'm working on an advanced degree, but I have missed out on a lot of things because of it, in particular relationships. I don't have a lot of friends and have only ever had one quasi serious gf who was a nutcases(LITERALLY). not sure if any of that helps you, but some of the things I said were very personal.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:15 am

should have added that it was like I had a balloon filled with emotions that was blown up to the Max. I put whiskey into my balloon and it popped. I've been to close family members funerals and hardly shed a tear and here I am leaking a river to a girl I've known for two years. my immediate family has never seen anything like that. I agree with you on the alcohol issue Ikku. the worst decisions I have ever made have all been under the influence along with my deepest regrets. I don't usually get that drunk, but when I do it is always bad news.

I apologize for the grammar this is from my phone.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:00 am

I would still appreciate some feedback to my original questions if ya'a don't mind. be honest with me I can take it with a grain of salt.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:02 am

it's good to vent. the only thing is what kind of person you told. she might tell other people as funny anecdote or see the sincerety behind it and keep it confidential.

Personally I would not have told anyone about such an incident were it me. I have many flaws, but gossiping is not one of them

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 am

at first i was thinking along the same lines as ikku...

im not sure what to say...

i dont think you should care what they think of you after what happened. i dont think you should regret having the out burst. you obviously needed to get it out of you.

im sorry i cant think better right now

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:08 am

The only female cohort I have been with who drank mainly, near to exclusively wine was very french indeed...whereas the sociopath after her would drink anything, particularly rum, bottle a night of sailor jerrys before heading back to the offy for another...Now my Queen, my savage Queen, the first woman I have been with who made me just know in my femurs that she would be the last woman I was with above ground, she drinks Scotch with dry...also wine, showing preference for something sweeter than the direst of the dry I can find, but pleasantly loving enough to make do with what her devoted man sups through the night. Also, since the sunshine re-appeared recently we have been getting at the cider...specifically, solely the Rekorderlig Pear routine.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:54 am

Well I drink again, although not to that point of intoxication. After a one night stand about a month ago I realized I just wanted sex rather than a relationship at the time. It may sound horrible, but it's the truth. Every so often two humans need to revert back to animal instincts and do what needs to be done. Suppress the cortex and work simply via lower level function. It's necessary from time to time and I hold nothing against anyone who does likewise. On occasion that is, if you're simply fucking like a dog then there is a problem but the occasional release is a natural human tendency that should be utilized.

Anyway.