LSD

The place to chat about drugs other than marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Re: LSD

Post by cutthecashflow » Tue May 29, 2012 8:43 am

it is quite unfortunate that I cannot go to my local Walgreens and/or hardware store and pick up the necessary ingredients to make this stuff myself. if it is so specialized than why is it so cheap?
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Tue May 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Because it is made in large batches (the cartel that was making most of the world's LSD in the 90s and early 00s was trading in kilograms of crystal LSD) and one hit nowadays is only like 50 micrograms. 100mics if its good and strong acid. So one kilo is like 20 million hits.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Tue May 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Cartel? Are you talking about those guys that were making acid in an ex-missile silo?
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed May 30, 2012 3:25 am

Yes. I'd call it a cartel because they controlled most of the world's LSD supply at the time (or at least a huge huge huge portion of it) and from what I've read they were actually relatively violent, evil people. For instance they would kidnap competitors and force feed them large amounts of LSD and torture them. I don't know if they murdered anyone, but it wouldn't surprise me, they were big time criminals dealing with probably hundreds of millions of dollars.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed May 30, 2012 7:32 am

Do either of you have a hyperlink to that? It would be a cool read. So the drug itself is not really that cheap in comparison to others(200 a gram for twack). But the dosage it takes to feel alright for lucy is just very low. Correct?
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed May 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Yea, a gram of Lucy is between 10 and 20 thousand hits. I don't know what kind of bulk pricing you get at that level, but even if you're paying 50 cents a hit that's still thousands of dollars per gram. The book "Lysergic" by Krystle Cole details her involvement with the LSD ring. I haven't read the book though, my knowledge of the incident comes from my scatterbrained adventures across the interweb. Her website is http://www.neurosoup.com maybe some of what I read is from there or from her videos on YouTube.

Here's one of the main culprits, he's serving two life sentences now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Leonard_Pickard

godwhyme
Why Hello There !

Post by godwhyme » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:33 pm

can somebody tell me the site that I can buy the kit from pls? thanks

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:06 pm

What kit are you refering to?

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:25 am

An LSD kit? Man oh man wouldn't that be great

godwhyme
Why Hello There !

Post by godwhyme » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:18 am

a lsd crystal growing kit :)

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Where on Earth did you get the idea that such a thing existed?

godwhyme
Why Hello There !

Post by godwhyme » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:18 am

did not know if it was real and IF it was :)

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:05 pm

How to Make LSD

By Shanna Freedom

Sandoz held the patent on LSD until 1963 and stopped making it shortly afterward. The company claimed that it was concerned about a lack of regulation and the inaccurate information being perpetuated about the drug. Naturally, this didn't stop anyone from making it themselves, which was legal to do until 1965.

Making LSD requires a strong working knowledge of organic chemistry, a complete laboratory setup (including the ability to sterilize equipment as well as access to a darkroom), and several chemicals that are currently either sales restricted or have their sales closely monitored by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). Unlike the chemicals used in the manufacture of methamphetamine, they can't be found in fairly ordinary household items.

There a couple of different ways to make LSD. Some "recipes" may start with lysergic acid. Other online recipes call for morning glory seeds, which can be especially dangerous because they're often sold with a toxic coating to discourage consumption. Morning glory seeds and the seeds of some related plants contain LSA, or lysergic acid amide. The LSA can be extracted from the seeds and produce a mild high on its own. It's considered a precursor to LSD, although the amount of LSA in different seeds varies so much that the quality of the drug made from it would also vary. Here, we'll look at a recipe that starts with ergot.

A chemist making LSD must be extremely careful and knowledgeable about working with ergot because of its toxicity. Remember the people poisoned by rye bread in the Middle Ages? Once the chemist obtains the fungus, he has to carefully and precisely culture it to extract the ergot alkaloids (an alkaloid is a compound containing basic nitrogen atoms). The darkroom setup becomes necessary here, because the fungus will decompose under bright lights. In fact, LSD itself can break down quickly when exposed to light.

If working with toxic ergot weren't enough, the solvents and reagents (compounds used to bring about chemical reactions) are also incredibly dangerous. The solvent anhydrous hydrazine, for example, can explode when heated. It's extremely poisonous and a known carcinogen. Another chemical often used in the process, chloroform, can also cause cancer as well as severely damage the kidneys and liver. Both of these can be easily absorbed through the skin or inhaled.

­The ergot alkaloid is synthesized into a lysergic acid compound called iso-lysergic acid hydrazide, through the addition of chemicals and heating processes. Then the iso-lysergic acid hydrazide is isomerized, which means that the atoms in its molecules are rearranged through a chemical process. It's cooled, mixed with an acid and a base, and evaporated. What remains is iso-lysergic diethylamide, which is isomerized again to produce active LSD. The LSD is then purified and crystallized.

What next? In the past, LSD was then made into tablets (microdots), simply dissolved in water or other liquids to be dropped, or made into gelatin squares (windowpanes). It's rare to see LSD in these forms today, however. Instead, it's usually dissolved in ethanol. Sheets of blotting paper are then dipped into the LSD solution and dried. These sheets of blotter acid are usually printed with cartoon characters or other colorful graphics. The sheets are perforated into small squares, about a quarter of an inch (6.35 millimeters) wide. Each square is one dose, and a sheet can contain 900 doses.

These squares are chewed and swallowed. Although LSD has been injected, especially in therapeutic uses, it's not necessary because it's very quickly absorbed by the body when taken orally.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:07 pm

oh higher how i missed you

learning us all up so good ;)

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:43 pm

I believe one of the things you need access to is a nitrogen tank and some kind of vacuum tube, because the reactions can't be exposed to oxygen and must be done in an inert atmosphere. Google the TIHKAL entry for LSD for Shulgin's method and some organic chemistry background about the chemical.