Doin it again.

The place to chat about drugs other than marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Doin it again.

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:39 am

Hey guys. I'm starting another mushroom grow. It's too bad my log of the last one is gone :(

Anyway, I have some Psilocybe z-strain and some psilocybe Bay Islands (which.... I dunno. I didn't choose this strain and it's not listed... well, anywhere. So I dunno what it is.)

Anyway, today is day one.

A mixture of organic brown rice flower was mixed at a ratio of roughly 1:3 to vermiculite. 1 part water was added to the mix until a "cakey" consistency was achieved.

This was spooned into 6 1/2 pint wide mouth canning jars, sealed (less one quarter turn of the lid to allow gases to escape), where it was sat in a large pot. Water was added about half way up the containers and a lid was put on... This was brought to a boil for 30 minutes.

Upon cooling, the jars promptly were tightened and cooled.

After this, spores of strain one, (z-strain) were injected into 3 jars, capped once more, and set aside. Same procedure followed for Bay islands, though this was working from a spore print, which provided MUCH more material to work with (I probably used less than one one-hundredth of the spores to innoculate the three jars.)

These were labeled with numbers for reference, as well as the words "strength, humour, fun, love, courage, and health," one on each jar.

I will update once progress is seen!
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.