Animal's advice for alcoholics unanonymous

The place to chat about drugs other than marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Animal's advice for alcoholics unanonymous

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:21 am

I drink too much, too regularly, without ever being sloppy or dangerous drunk. Different periods of life require different alcohol. Because the effects of vodka for example, are different to the effects of beer, and the effects of gin...etctetcttct...

Over the last few years I have undergone a transformation, from white wines, to dark rums, to light rums, to absinthe, then in more recent times, to vodka. Why the steady change? I cannot say. Its not reasoned out, more instinctive. But whats for sure, is that I am in a position to call myself a conniseur of sorts, when it comes to certain spirits. I have always steered clear of lagers and ciders, because I am not keen on their effects and also the encouragement they give my bladder. I prefer a heavier, fast felt effect, hence my preference for spirits...

So to begin this new sticky thread, I will give you a few recommendations, for vodka.

When I was younger, the finest vodkas I was advised to stick to, were Absolut, SMirnoff black, and stolyncha. And whilst I would still happily enjoy a few bottles of the aforementioned, my preference, for a fair 6 months now, has been the beautiful Finlandia, pure finnish firewater. Its smooth, decently priced, can be purchased in various flavours and rarely creates a cruel hangover...but if you are eager to avoid such morning nuisance, vodka is The Drink for you, or anything else CLEAR. For instance, a night on the cognac is going to fuck me up good n proper the next day, whereas any vodka of even half decent quality, will prove less troublesome post-binge.

Other than the Finlandia, I would suggest the Stoli, and the old favourite, Smirnoff black.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Re: Animal's advice for alcoholics unanonymous

Post by JokersAce » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:06 am

I just get the cheapest shit I can personally.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:27 pm

strange, I've always had the worst hangovers from vodka then any other different types of drinks
Peace Not Greed.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:38 pm

JokersAce wrote:I just get the cheapest shit I can personally.
(Y)

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:27 pm

SpRi7e wrote:strange, I've always had the worst hangovers from vodka then any other different types of drinks
Same here man...

Good post though, I agreed with pretty much every single word that was posted other than the hangover bit.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Finlandia is great! I'm in the same position as you animal, been kind of drinking heavily and often for years with different drinks for different times. Usually I alternate between rums, whiskeys, vodkas, and an assortment of dark beers; especialll lagers, IPAs, and ales. Perhaps I'll through up some of my favorites in due time.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:27 am

I used to love vodka so much. It was my choice of drink, straight vodka, then tequila.
But now, I can't even think of it. I don't know what it is, but I do not want shots anymore, nor can I really have shots.... just the thought and smell of it makes me feel sick. Maybe I just had my fair share of vodka. Actually any sort of straight up shots I can't really take anymore.

I don't know what about you guys, but most of the times when i get drunk, I don't have a tipsy stage. I'm either sober, or really drunk. :) haha it's like you have to look for signs when you are drunk or when you're tipsy.
I love booze... I stick to mixed drinks and coolers now. No more really hard booze anymore. On an occasion I still will, but if I have a choice, I'd go for a cooler.... :p

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:34 am

i hear that when you skip the tipsy stage and it seems like you have a lowered alchohol tolerance its a sign of liver damage.

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:04 am

flyinhigh wrote:i hear that when you skip the tipsy stage and it seems like you have a lowered alchohol tolerance its a sign of liver damage.
me? seriously? I doubt that.... As far as I can remember it's kind of always been like that...I think.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:15 am

^I'm the same way. I sit at the bar and 4, 5, 6, drinks go down the hatch and my behavior changes a little, but I still feel totally in control/not drunk or tipsy. Then 7, 8,9 drinks come along and its like someone throws a switch "off" drunk to "on" drunk.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Post by Gorecore » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:55 am

For some reason, this thread made me think of that Li'l Jon/LMFAO song "Shots". :)

**I decided to listen to that song and I honestly could only make it to about 1:10 seconds before turning it off...

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:37 am

weedguru_waffles wrote:
flyinhigh wrote:i hear that when you skip the tipsy stage and it seems like you have a lowered alchohol tolerance its a sign of liver damage.
me? seriously? I doubt that.... As far as I can remember it's kind of always been like that...I think.
eh i just read something earlier and it reminded me lol, thought to say it.

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:44 am

flyinhigh wrote:
weedguru_waffles wrote:
eh i just read something earlier and it reminded me lol, thought to say it.
lol! Don't scare me like that!!

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:49 am

JokersAce wrote:I just get the cheapest shit I can personally.
A wise old drunk once told me...
'dannyboy...if you are going to be a drunk, drink the high quality liquor, for the substitutes, the cheap as chips shit, are going to do you a lot of harm, in the long run, whereas, properly distilled spirits, will do you far less harm...so when I say, drink sensibly, I mean, its better to drink a 35cl bottle of smirnoff black, than a 70cl bottle of KGB red label vodka, especially if the red label seems like an amazingly cheap deal...believe you me, your liver will thank you for it later in life..'
And he was Right.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:02 am

^ how can you know if he was actually right if youve never done the cheap route?