Shrooms + anti-anxiety drugs

The place to chat about drugs other than marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

Kjm420
Bonghead
Bonghead

Shrooms + anti-anxiety drugs

Post by Kjm420 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:28 am

I was wondering if anyone had any experience in taking shrooms along with some form of an anti-anxiety drug. I know how it is possible to have a bad trip and how alot of the time people get really scared and upset, would taking something like a benzodiazapam which is like a valium or something completely remove that from the picture?

Right now ive got my hands on some zolpidem, which is basically the same thing as ambien. When i take one, besides getting extremely relaxed hence ambien being a sleeping pill, i am completely worry-free. and im sure alot of you guys know what im talking about. So do you guys think it would be a good idea to go shroomin along with some anti-anxiety? Just to make the trip 100% positive
[quote="Tokin42"]i know someone who thought he was an orange so he started to peel himself with a knife :shock: .[/quote]

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Re: Shrooms + anti-anxiety drugs

Post by Bubbles » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:21 am

Anti Anxiety pills just increase the flow of serotonin, you can still have anxiety attacks especially if youre prone to them, or have more anxiety than the average person.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:29 am

I know that taking a valium during a bad trip is a good way to get out of it, but it also decreases your trip and changes it so you don't really get the mind fuck and extreme epiphany type experiences easily while on it. I would say just keep them in hand in case you DO start going in a bad trip, and just remember (which might make it easier on your anxiety anyways) that even if you do go in a bad trip, you have something that will set you strait and calm you down out of it.
Peace Not Greed.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:42 am

Ambien is not a benziodiazepene and is not an anti anxiety drug, it is a hypnotic. Anti anxiety drugs work on GABA receptors in the brain while hypnotics typically target serotonin or 5-HT receptors. The effects can be similiar, but if taken in excess they are quite different. To answer your question, yes Ive taken booms while on benzos (klonopin, and ativan) and it has made the overall trip more enjoyable. There is less of the comedown phase where your mind starts thinking about anything and everything. I dont know how much ambien is going to help you, I take it to sleep and thats what it does, it makes me sleep. Anyway happy journeys.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Kjm420
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Kjm420 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:23 am

alright i guess it just varies from person to person and pill to pill so il just have to test it out and see how i like it. no harm can be done i guess
[quote="Tokin42"]i know someone who thought he was an orange so he started to peel himself with a knife :shock: .[/quote]

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:07 am

yeah I've heard of people takin anti anxiety pills to mellow out a trip.

That (and all the good posts above) said, a bad trip isn't always completely negative; even good things can come of bad trips. Sometimes the best learnings are through such.
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:32 pm

I'll welcome any experience even if its negative, because there is bound to be an insanely good catharsis from it. One might lose a lot of hair in the shower but fuck it.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 am

Weedguru_Falkon wrote:yeah I've heard of people takin anti anxiety pills to mellow out a trip.

That (and all the good posts above) said, a bad trip isn't always completely negative; even good things can come of bad trips. Sometimes the best learnings are through such.
yeah I've noticed that too, it's almost like you're in a more vulnerable and self aware state of mind then. I've learned things in bad trips and it made it seem to mean more emotionally to me to understand it I guess you would say. If I think of myself as doing something bad and I realize it during the trip, that it pretty much tells me that whatever it is brings me down so much that I need to change it to better myself. It's a great starting point to doing a kind of self help kickoff for yourself. It gives it a good foundation for whatever you try to better yourself with.
Peace Not Greed.