Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

LSD

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:36 am

LSD

Image Image
LSD Doses

Lysergic acid diethylamide, better known as LSD, is probably the most widely known and most commonly used hallucinogen in the U.S. On the street, LSD is known as Acid, Cid, Trips, L, Doses, Vitamin L or Paper. It is probably the best known and most widely used psychedeli. LSD is found in the form of small squares of blotter paper usually decorated with artwork or designs and perforated. Other forms include pills, gelatin shapes (known as window pane), liquid and sugar cubes.

Background:

Albert Hofmann discovered LSD in 1938 in Basel, Switzerland while researching blood stimulants. No research on LSD was conducted until five years later when Hofmann accidentally ingested LSD for the first time. Between 1943 and 1960, hundreds of academic papers were written on LSD. Because of its structural similarity to a chemical present in the brain and the similarity of its effects to certain aspects of psychosis, LSD was, for a time, used as a research tool to study mental illness. During the 1950s, the U.S. government conducted experiments on unwitting participants in an operation code-named Project MK-Ultra.

The drug is believed to have first appeared on the street in the U.S. in 1963 and by 1966 the mainstream media began recognizing the widespread use of the LSD. It was also in 1966 that LSD was made illegal in California, in 1967 the Federal government banned the substance. Use of the drug waned somewhat after its initial popularity in the 1960s, but LSD made a comeback in the 1990s.

Usage:

A typical dose of LSD is between 50 and 150 micrograms. A single dose of most blotter paper contains somewhere in this range, though this varies depending on the source and there is no way for the average user to determine the strength of a piece of blotter other than by word of mouth. A single drop of liquid can contain a huge amount of LSD, depending on how it was made, but is generally diluted so that one drop is a single medium dose.

Sold by the single dose, blotter LSD sells for $2 to $25. Captive markets such as raves generally produce high prices while in larger cities and between friends, it is often sold at cheaper prices. Less common forms of LSD sell for somewhat higher prices ($8-10 for a single hit), and as with most substances, the price is lower when bought in bulk. Sheets of 100 hits (blotter) generally range from $1-$2 per hit.

Effects:

An LSD trip generally lasts from 6-12 hours, depending on the dose. The effects will begin to be felt 20-30 minutes after ingestion and the "peak" of the trip occurs about 2 hours after taking the drug. At the onset of an LSD experience, there is a vague feeling of anticipation and increased energy as well as an undefined feeling that something is different.

As the effects gain strength, a general change in sensory perception occurs. This can include non-specific mental and physical stimulation, pupil dilation, closed and open eye patterning and hallucinations, changed thought patterns, feelings of insight, confusion, extreme mental clarity, paranoia and quickly changing emotions. LSD is powerful psychoactive and recent experiences, especially dramatic ones, can have a substantial effect on a trip. Physically, or psychologically unsettling events in the days before an LSD trip can blossom into distress and trauma during a trip.

Dependency:

Physical Dependence: None
Psychological Dependence: Moderate
Tolerance: Moderate

Treatment:

LSD is a mild to moderately habit-forming substance with no physical addiction. It should be noted, though, that virtually any substance can be addictive, to a greater or lesser degree

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: LSD

Post by Ikku » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:10 pm

LSD in its base form is not a liquid. It's a crystal, like pretty much every chemical. One thing that the "family" that distributes LSD does as initiation to allow you to buy crystal is they make you take a thumbprint, where you dip your thumb in pure crystalline LSD which is akin to taking something like 10,000 doses. There are stories on the shroomery from someone who goes by the name 'chinacat' who used to distribute LSD and he has a trip report, a bit lacking for words but that's to be expected for such an intense experience is hard to capture with language. It's a great read nonetheless.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:31 am

Hmmm...do you have a reliable source to back up what you are saying? You could well indeed be correct...what I've posted here is from elsewhere that I thought was reliable...If it's wrong, I shall change it definatley be made as it's not my intentions to misinform people. I don't know much about what I'm posting..only done some research, not thorough. Thanks in advance

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:01 am

Nothing specific, just search "LSD crystal" on google. It's even on wikipedia. Liquid LSD is LSD dissolved in everclear. Extremely potent liquid is then used to lay sheets of blotter paper, or the liquid is diluted with more everclear/liquor and distributed in vials where one drop = one hit. Check out the link in my previous post and you can see chinacat's stories about being higher up in the LSD distribution chain. He has a classic "Crystal to blotter" thread on the shroomery too, but I think you need a certain amount of posts to see it.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Thu May 13, 2010 4:46 am

Yeah LSD in its original form is a colorless solid with a slightly bitter taste (due to acidity which is interpreted by our tongue as sour or bitter). I haven't dealt with LSD in pure solid crystal form before but I have dealt with alot of other crystal acids in my chemistry labs. It's pretty easy to get most acids to go back and forth from solid to liquid without dilution, it's all about temperature and chemical reactions. You could probably find a way to stabilize pure LSD in liquid form although that everclear stuff sounds more practical. What is that anyway? When I hear everclear I think grain alcohol and blue gatorade.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu May 13, 2010 12:39 pm

I took the part out about the liquid base form , thanks guys