The place to chat about drugs other than marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

2CB, 2C-I

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:02 pm

2CB, 2C-I

The 2C family are relative newcomers to the club scene.

Developed by Alexander Shulgin , the US chemist famous for his work on MDMA, this psychoactive drug is usually sold in the form of small pills or white powder. Part of the phenethylamine class, it is structurally similar to mescaline and MDMA. Fairly new to the UK club scene, 2CB was a popular legal substitute for ecstasy in mid-80s America. This drug is generally taken instead of ecstasy, or alongside it to lengthen the high. It is usually swallowed but can also be smoked or snorted.

What are the effects of 2CB?

* 2CB usually takes around an hour to take effect (although some say the come up time is as little as 20 minutes) and lasts for four to six hours, or longer if taken with ecstasy. This is then followed by another two - four hours where the user may find it hard to sleep despite everything else feeling back to normal
* 2CB is very dose sensitive, a standard oral dose being between 10 and 40 mg. At a lower dose the experience is similar to that of ecstasy, while higher doses are reported to combine effects of both ecstasy and LSD
* This drug gives a similar trip experience to LSD or magic mushrooms but to a gentler degree - heightened visual imagery, acute awareness of body, increased sensitivity to taste, touch, smells and sexual stimulation

What are the risks of taking 2CB?

* Unpleasant stomach effects can include diarrhoea, cramps, and wind
* Avoid mixing with other drugs, however if you do take 2CB with ecstasy you may experience stronger feelings of euphoria for a longer period, while more intense nausea, anxiety and confusion coming up and coming down are likely
* Do not take this drug if you are on MAOI anti-depressants. It is also ill advised if you are at risk of depression or psychosis such as schizophrenia. Vulnerable individuals may find they experience psychotic syndromes, visual illusions, panic attacks and depersonalisation. It could also trigger latent psychological problems.

Also in the 2C family:

2C-I (aka CID or 2, 5-Dimethoxy-4-odophenethylamine)

There has been a sudden surge of this 'trippy pill' on the festival and dance scene since the Summer of 2003, as reported by both Mixmag and Drugscope. Another phenethylamine developed by Shulgin, 2C-i is thought to be stronger than 2CB and the effects to last longer (eight hours or more). It gives the hallucinatory aspects of LSD but less 'full on' along with the energy and chattiness of ecstasy. It comes as a small white 16mg pill with the letter 'i' printed on it.

If you are planning on taking 2C-I:

* This drug can be quite overwhelming. If you must take it, then start on a small dose, some find even a quarter of a pill too much at first
* Don't overdo it, it isn't a drug to take lots of, or regularly. The experience can be scary
* Don't snort it, it's painful and triples the strength of the drug which can be fatal. Working out the correct smaller dose for taking this drug in powder form is incredibly difficult.

2C-T-7 (aka blue mystic, T-7, 7-up, Tripstacy)

Found in both pill and powder form, there is still relatively little known about the effects and safety of this drug. Of the three recorded deaths, two have involved mixing 2C-T-7 with MDMA, although this might just be coincidence. According to Erowid: "2C-T-7 is a psychedelic phenethylamine developed by Alexander Shulgin around 1980. The effects of 2C-T-7 share general similarities with LSD and 2CB. Its length of action is more like LSD."

If you are planning on taking any of the 2C family:

* If you've never tripped before, or even if you have, it is best to do it in the presence of people you know, and in a safe environment i.e. your living room rather than a big disorientating festival
* If you have had traumatic, sad or unsettling news or experiences in the days before taking this drug it is advisable not to take it or you could have a frighteningly bad trip
* As with ecstasy, the 2C family of drugs effects the body's thermostat. Dancing for long periods in a hot place such as a club increases the chances of users overheating and/or dehydrating
* Long-term effects from regular use, as with ecstasy and LSD, can include extended feelings of fatigue, disorientation and anxiety
* It is not thought to be psychologically or physically addictive, however some people may use it more than they plan to and tolerance builds up with repeated use.

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Re: 2CB, 2C-I

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:39 pm

I love this stuff :D
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm getting a gram of 2c-i in a few months to test it out and see what it's potential is.. I would way rather get 2c-b as I've heard experiences as being more recreational and enjoyable, but don't have any sites that I know of that sells it.
Peace Not Greed.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:01 am

SpRi7e wrote:I'm getting a gram of 2c-i in a few months to test it out and see what it's potential is.. I would way rather get 2c-b as I've heard experiences as being more recreational and enjoyable, but don't have any sites that I know of that sells it.
im pretty sure 2c-b is illegal and 2c-i isnt legal nor illegal, its just there.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:30 am

2c-b is illegal, but the other analogue drugs like 2c-i are easier to obtain from vendors because it's not specifically illegal, but falls under the drug analogue act so you would get in trouble with it.
Peace Not Greed.

stonedrippedtwisted
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by stonedrippedtwisted » Tue May 03, 2011 4:11 am

no mention of 2CE definatly one of my favourite drugs! intense visual hallucinations warm fuzzy feeling very very fun

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed May 04, 2011 12:25 am

I really want to try 2C-E. There's actually legislation in the works to make all the 2c-x drugs illegal. So far I've only tried 2C-I. I had the opportunity to order 2C-B (even though it's illegal) but only bulk was available and I wasn't down with that. I actually know where to get one of the illegals (2ct7) from in Canada since it's not scheduled over there. Not going to risk it though. I wasn't too impressed with 2C-I but I might try to nab some 2C-E and 2C-C before they get scheduled.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

djApples
Why Hello There !

Post by djApples » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:07 am

It's also important to note that the effects of 2cb is highly-dependent on the dosage. If taken purely, 15 to 40 mg is about the normal dosage. According to this 2cb effects page, anything lower gives off the same effect as ecstasy while anything higher will give effects that are the same as taking LSD and ecstasy together.

It also said that a dosage of anything between 5 to 10 mg is basically an aphrodisiac so I guess it follows.
A conservative is a man who sits and thinks, mostly sits. - Woodrow Wilson

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Yea that sounds like BS to me. I haven't done 2C-B to be honest although I've heard it's really nice and a lot like a trippy version of ecstasy. I've done 2c-i in varying amounts and can say it's an alright hallucinogen for the dance floor, although not as good as LSD. LSD is better as a trippy/spiritual substance or as a fun substance. I'd take shrooms or 4-aco-dmt in preference though, LSD just lasts too long.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:58 pm

For the people who've done 2c-b... would you rather take that, or candy flip with pure MDMA and LSD?
Peace Not Greed.

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 pm

MDMA and LSD.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Really? I've only heard fantastic things about 2C-B. I hear it's great for babymaking

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Sure, but I'd still rather take Lucy and Molly out for a night on the town. Doesn't make 2C-B any less fun.

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:04 am

That Roxy Foxy shit is great for baby making. One look at an attractive girl and you are overcome with intense hormones of desire... and they can feel it to... oh yes they can... :twisted:
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?