Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Codeine

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Codeine

Image Image Image

What is Codeine?

Codeine is used to relieve mild to moderate pain. It is also used, usually in combination with other medications, to reduce coughing. Codeine will help relieve symptoms but will not treat the cause of symptoms or speed recovery. Codeine belongs to a class of medications called opiate (narcotic) analgesics and to a class of medications called antitussives. When codeine is used to treat pain, it works by changing the way the body senses pain. When codeine is used to reduce coughing, it works by decreasing the activity in the part of the brain that causes coughing

Codeine was first discovered as a natural constituent of opium in very small concentrations, in the range of 0.7% – 2.5% by weight. Most codeine found in pharmaceutical products today is synthetically produced via the methylation of morphine.

How is Codeine used?

Codeine can be administered orally (PO), subcutaneously (SC), intramuscularly (IM) and rectally (PR). Codeine cannot be safely administered by an intravenous (IV) injection as it may result in pulmonary oedema, facial swelling, dangerous release of histamines, and various cardiovascular effects. It cannot be administered intranasally (snorting). Codeine free base can be smoked on the aluminum foil (”chasing the dragon”) similarly to smoking heroin.

What are the effects of Codeine addiction?

Codeine is absorbed quickly from the GI tract and it’s first pass through the liver results in very little loss of the drug. This contrasts with morphine in which over 90% of the drug is metabolized in the first pass through the liver resulting in a considerable loss of potency when administered orally.

Narcotics induce an “opioid analgesia” by altering the perception of pain at the spinal cord and brain. They also affect emotional responses to pain. Opioids have stimulating effects as well because they block inhibitory neurotransmitters. Repeated use of these drugs can cause long-term changes in the way the nervous system functions.

* stomach bleeding
* kidney damage
* liver damage
* “itchies”
* constipation
* nausea
* hangover
* tiny pupils
* blurred vision
* poor night vision
* impair your ability to drive
* lowered heart rate, blood pressure and breathing
* disorientation
* convulsions
* hallucinations
* depression
* sexual problems
* agitation
* tremors
* seizures

What are the symptoms of withdrawal?

The worst symptoms pass within a few days, but it can take months to feel normal.

* runny nose
* sweating
* muscle twitching
* muscle pain
* headaches
* irregular heartbeat
* nausea and vomiting
* high blood pressure
* fever
* insomnia
* dehydration
* yawning
* weakness
* stomach cramps

Codeine addiction

Addiction is a major risk with prolonged use (over 2-3 weeks) of narcotics. Even moderate doses of some narcotics can result in a fatal overdose. When increasing doses of narcotics, the person may first feel restless and nauseous and then progress to loss of consciousness and abnormal breathing. Other risks include withdrawal symptoms that may last for months.

Addictive drugs activate the brain’s reward systems. The promise of reward is very intense, causing the individual to crave the drug and to focus his or her activities around taking the drug. The ability of addictive drugs to strongly activate brain reward mechanisms and their ability to chemically alter the normal functioning of these systems can produce an addiction. Drugs also reduce a person’s level of consciousness, harming the ability to think or be fully aware of present surroundings.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: Codeine

Post by Ikku » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Such a lame drug. I wanted to try this one for a long time cause I used to be really into chopped and screwed music, but man the real thing is so meh. Basically it's the same thing as vicodin except worth more on the street cause it's harder to get a hold of and people want it so they can feel like a rapper
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:45 am

^ lol i did this one once succesfully, just took like 5-6 old pills was chiled out and after about 30 mins i felt like an orgasm for about 15 mins then i was just chill again.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:42 am

the first time i had codeine was after a brutal football injury, which tore all three ligaments in the ball of my ankle...it swelled up to the size of the fucking football itself...i was incapaciated for a while, and still have problems now with that ankle. but i remember the strong codeine the hospital gave me...my mates were offering me money for the high strength pills//./.i gave a few away, but not many...and the mix of codeine and skunk was...heavy, in a dream like beautiful way.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:37 am

I drank a bottle of this shit in the lean fashion, so I can feel like a southern rapper like Ikku said... I calculated it to be about 10 mg worth of morphine (as that is what it converts into), and it was a lame high... People can not reliably get fucked up off this shit for long.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

Spliff Loc
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Spliff Loc » Sat May 14, 2011 9:44 am

lame drug but a great person... rest in peace Cris "Splitz Codeine" Tshilombo!! check out his songs on youtube amazing artist even if u dont like hip hop everyone can relate to him.. miss u brother!! r.i.p cris!!