Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Percocet

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Percocet

Image Image

Percocet is a prescription drug which is a combination of oxycodone and Acetaminophen (or Tylenol). Oxycodone is part of the drug class called narcotic analgesics. Oxycodone is commercially made, from thebaine, which is an opiate alkaloid. It also includes minor component of opium. In comparison to other opiates, Oxycodone has stimulating properties in comparison to other opiates which makes Oxycodone responsible for the speedy quality some users report. Acetaminophen is a more commonly utilized drug, which is a less potent pain reliever. Using the combination of the two drugs increases the effectiveness of oxycodone. When the two drugs are mixed together, the result, Percocet is used to relieve moderate to severe pain and is considered to be an opiate. Percocet is considered to be very addictive which is why it is classified as a Schedule II drug. For this reason, a prescription from a physician is needed.

How is Percocet Used?

Oxycodone can be administered by mouth, intravenously, intramuscularly, rectally or via subcutaneous injection. Out of all the different routes of administration injecting oxycodone results in a stronger effect and a quicker onset.

How does Percocet work?

Percocet acts very similarly to morphine, meaning it is a very strong narcotic pain reliever. Percocet should never be altered, meaning it should not be broken, chewed or crushed. The reason for this being, Percocet is made in a time release tablet which is designed so that the oxycodone is released slowly over time. If too much of the drug is released at one time it can result in a very dangerous and possibly life threatening overdose.

What Occurs When Percocet is Used for an Extended Period?

Prolonged use of Percocet can lead to a major risk of addiction. Extended use is considered over two to three weeks of Percocet use. Drugs such as Percocet tend to activate the reward system of the brain. Protracted use can cause an individual to crave Percocet and to focus all of his or her abilities on obtaining the drug. What this means, is Percocet has the ability to chemically alter the normal functioning of the brain. This in turn, is what can cause Percocet addiction to occur. Percocet can reduce the person’s level of consciousness which in turn can harm their ability to think or be fully aware of their present surroundings. Such alterations can lead to strongly activate brain reward mechanisms and its ability to chemically alter the normal functioning of these systems can produce a Percocet addiction. Percocet also reduces a person’s level of consciousness, harming their ability to think or be fully aware of present surroundings.

Daily use of Percocet can cause physical dependence. This is different than addiction to Percocet, but can and does occur to individuals who are addicted to Percocet. Physical dependence is when the individual’s body shows signs of narcotic withdrawal when Percocet is suddenly stopped. In regards to addiction, Percocet is used because of psychological and physical need. Addiction is characterized by a continued craving and the need to use Percocet for mood alteration. Many individuals utilizing Percocet do so because they feel it helps make them “normal”.

What are common side effects of Percocet use?

* Nausea
* Drowsiness, lightheadedness or dizziness
* Constipation
* Rash or itchiness
* Emotional mood disorders (most frequently reported side effect)
* Dry mouth
* Slightly decreased testosterone levels in men.
* Liver or renal damage if taken in large doses.
* Respiratory depression if taken in large doses and can be fatal.

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Re: Percocet

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Sat May 15, 2010 2:25 am

Popped some of the ones with the "512" on them today after I got out of my test. I was having lunch and drinking a beer and I felt it hit. It was as if a heavy wave just passed over my body. It usually doesn't hit me so hard but I think the combination of an empty stomach and extensive use of uppers lately made for a really distinguishable onset.

After that we smoked a couple bowls, popped another perc, and watched ironman 2. By the time I got out of the theater I felt like I was walking clouds and my whole body felt comfortable numb. Then next door to the theater found this new little hole in the wall bar with dollar drafts
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Sat May 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Took one of these for the first time the other day. I passed out and I couldn't figure out how I got into my bed.

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Sun May 16, 2010 6:57 pm

andriaSRH wrote:Took one of these for the first time the other day. I passed out and I couldn't figure out how I got into my bed.
What? That sounds more like roofies to me. Did you wake up naked?
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Sun May 16, 2010 10:26 pm

Yea, and I was covered in baking grease. Weird right?

I'm pretty sure if was a perc...I looked it up on the web to make sure.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Mon May 17, 2010 5:16 am

andriaSRH wrote:Yea, and I was covered in baking grease. Weird right?

I'm pretty sure if was a perc...I looked it up on the web to make sure.
sounds like roofies brah

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Mon May 17, 2010 6:35 am

I was kidding about the baking grease and being naked...lol

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Tue May 18, 2010 2:26 am

Yeah I figured you were joking. Didn't think you'd be so nonchalant about mysteriously waking up covered in baking grease lol.

I just don't normally get that heavy knock out effect from these things. It's more of a body numbing experience and makes my personality as chill as can be.
-Charlie Kelly