Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

DMT

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:07 am

DMT

DMT Information

N,N-dimethyltryptamine is the chemical name of the drug more commonly known as DMT or dimethyltryptamine. DMT is a type tryptamine. Naturally occurring tryptamine alkaloids (found in various animals, fungi, and plants) are often used by humans for their psychoactive properties, although not all tryptamines are psychoactive.

Besides DMT, other naturally occurring tryptamines include bufotenine (also spelled bufotenin), psilocybin (found in magic mushrooms), serotonin (found in the human brain), and other chemicals. Synthetic tryptamines are produced by making substitutions to the tryptamine molecule.

DMT can be found in many species of plants. Genera such as acacia, anadenanthera, mimosa, piptadenia, and virola are some examples. DMT is also produced in the human pineal gland, a small reddish-gray gland (about the size of a pea) near the center of the brain.

One of the functions of the pineal gland is the production of melatonin. The pineal gland and melatonin help regulate sleep-wake cycles (circadian rhythms). The production of melatonin by the pineal gland is stimulated by darkness and inhibited by light.

Although (unknowingly) man has used DMT as a hallucinogenic drug for thousands of years (in things such as ayahuasca and to a lesser extent cebil and yopo), it was not isolated in its pure form until 1931.

Even after it was first isolated, it took over 20 years (until 1956) before the compound was shown to be a hallucinogenic (in its pure form).

DMT is not orally active unless it is mixed with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), such as those found in the harmala alkaloids produced by plants like Banisteriopsis caapi (commonly called the ayahuasca vine) and Peganum harmala (commonly called syrian rue).

Without an inhibitor, monoamine oxidase in the human body quickly breaks down DMT that has been ingested orally, and it has very little to no psychoactive effect. Pure DMT is usually injected or smoked.

Pure DMT is a solid made up of crystals it can be white, pink, or orange in color. When it is injected or smoked, the effects can be felt very quickly and the majority of effects are gone within an hour of ingestion. When DMT is consumed orally with an MAOI (such as when drinking ayahuasca), the effects are milder but they may last as long as six hours.

5-MeO-DMT, a related natural tryptamine occurring in many plants and some animals, produces effects that are similar to DMT. However, 5-MeO-DMT is taken in lower doses and does not produce as intense visuals as DMT does. Like DMT, 5-MeO-DMT must be combined with MAOI's to become active orally.

DET - A synthetic tryptamine that produces effects that are similar to DMT. When DET is taken in the same size doses as DMT it does not produce as intense visuals as DMT does. However, the effects of DET last longer than the effects of DMT. Like DMT, DET must be combined with MAOI's to become active orally. DET can also be smoked or injected.

DPT - A synthetic tryptamine that produces effects that are similar to DMT. DPT is taken in smaller doses than DMT, the effects last longer, and there fewer side effects. DPT does not produce as intense visuals as DMT does. Like DMT, DPT must be combined with MAOI's to become active orally. DPT can also be smoked or injected.

Effects Of DMT

When smoked or injected the physical and mental effects of DMT are similar to LSD, but more intense. The effects are very strong and they hit fast. They can be overwhelming, it is not uncommon for someone smoking DMT to feel the full force of the drug in the middle of a toke (causing them to drop the pipe the DMT is being smoked out of). Peak effects last only 10-20 minutes.

When ingested orally with an MAOI, DMT is not as potent as when it is smoked or injected. However, when compared to other drugs, even orally ingested DMT is very strong stuff. Oral ingestion with an MAOI will extend the duration of the effects. Depending on the amount of DMT consumed, peak effects will last 2-6 hours.

An unusual (but fairly common) aspect of DMT consumption is the presence of aliens. Many users talk of seeing and/or communicating with alien life forms. Some think these aliens are present in the DMT itself, while others think DMT transports the user to another dimension or universe.

The term mind blowing might have been invented for this drug. The experience was described by Alan Watts as like being fired out of the nozzle of an atomic cannon. Thoughts and visions crowd in at great speed. A sense of leaving or transcending time and a feeling that objects have lost all form and dissolved into a play of vibrations are characteristic. The effect can be like instant transportation to another universe for a timeless sojourn. (reference 1)

Notes

--- DMT is illegal in the United States of America and many other countries.
--- DMT is not a chemical that is checked for with any type of known drug test.
--- Repeated usage will not cause physical or psychological addiction.
--- A sitter is recommended when consuming DMT or related compounds.

DMT Terminology

5-MeO-DMT - A naturally occurring tryptamine found in many plants and some animals. Effects are similar to DMT but 5-MeO-DMT is taken in lower doses and does not produce as intense visuals as DMT does. Like DMT, 5-MeO-DMT must be combined with MAOI's to become active orally. 5-MeO-DMT can also be smoked or injected.

DET - A synthetic tryptamine that produces effects that are similar to DMT. When DET is taken in the same size doses as DMT it does not produce as intense visuals as DMT does. However, the effects of DET last longer than the effects of DMT. Like DMT, DET must be combined with MAOI's to become active orally. DET can also be smoked or injected.

DMT - A tryptamine drug also known as dimethyltryptamine and N,N-dimethyltryptamine. It is a naturally occurring chemical secreted by the pineal gland (in humans). It also occurs in hundreds of plant species. DMT can produce very powerful visionary effects when smoked or injected. It can be taken orally in the form of the drink known as ayahuasca, as well as by other methods.

DPT - A synthetic tryptamine that produces effects that are similar to DMT. DPT is taken in smaller doses than DMT, the effects last longer, and there fewer side effects. DPT does not produce as intense visuals as DMT does. Like DMT, DPT must be combined with MAOI's to become active orally. DPT can also be smoked or injected.

Psychoactive - Term used to refer to a substance that affects the mind by altering brain chemistry.

Tryptamine - A chemical formed in plant and animal tissues from tryptophan. Tryptamine is a precursor of many natural and synthetic compounds including DMT.

Tryptamines - A group of natural and synthetic drugs derived from tryptamine. Natural tryptamines includes bufotenine (also spelled bufotenin), DMT, psilocin, psilocybin, serotonin, and many other chemicals. Synthetic tryptamines are produced by making substitutions to the tryptamine molecule. Also called tryptamine drugs.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: DMT

Post by SpRi7e » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Hopefully sometime during the summer I'll have the money to buy all the ingredients to synthesize my own. I think Falcon made some a little bit ago and had a topic on it before the site deleted pretty much everything. If you see this message me because I want to talk a little bit more about your experiences with it and the extraction process for it. It's been the drug I've been the most curious about since I've done my first psychedelic to try this sacred tryptamine
Peace Not Greed.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:49 am

This stuff is sorta scary. I've done it maybe half a dozen times or so. I've had a couple positive experiences although there is always a large amount of fear present, especially on the comeup. It catapults your consciousness so far out of your body that you resist, but you gotta just calm down and let go and see what it shows you. The visuals are top notch, way better than anything else I've seen. Makes me feel as though I've been teleported to some kind of intergalactic rave in space.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Ikku wrote:This stuff is sorta scary. I've done it maybe half a dozen times or so. I've had a couple positive experiences although there is always a large amount of fear present, especially on the comeup. It catapults your consciousness so far out of your body that you resist, but you gotta just calm down and let go and see what it shows you. The visuals are top notch, way better than anything else I've seen. Makes me feel as though I've been teleported to some kind of intergalactic rave in space.
base a movie on one of your trips called "Intergalactic space rave"

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:33 pm

It's NOT going to be easy to face the things that DMT throws at you.
I've experienced [what I perceive to be...] death, other worlds, other dimensions, other universes... all within 5-10 min.
Interesting writeup. For those who are interested in further, deeper info...:

The Spirit Molecule, DR. Rick Strassman
Breaking open the Head, Daniel Pinchbeck.

AWESOME books.
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:12 pm

I've been meaning to read that book, but I guess now's a better time than ever to start reading it since you recommended that
Peace Not Greed.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:27 am

Weedguru_Falkon wrote:It's NOT going to be easy to face the things that DMT throws at you.
I've experienced [what I perceive to be...] death, other worlds, other dimensions, other universes... all within 5-10 min.
Interesting writeup. For those who are interested in further, deeper info...:

The Spirit Molecule, DR. Rick Strassman
Breaking open the Head, Daniel Pinchbeck.

AWESOME books.
wouldnt that be strange if it turned out DMT actually temporarily prjoected yourself to other universes?

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:47 pm

When you think about it, you must actually have real knowledge of other universes and shit stored away in your mind/brain, and when you smoke DMT it lets you go there :| Maybe that's actually true. Like it opens you up to the bigger picture that your sober brain just doesn't understand....Still not trying it though.
:scratchs:

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu May 27, 2010 9:14 pm

one of my friends had a small quantity of DMT
and i tried some of it, and i gotta say...nothing exciting, and it was my fault!

i was to scared to do a full hit my first time so he wieghed me up a taster
it hit me right away and the effect were almost exactly the same as Salvia
it so hard to explain. but i felt pretty umcomfortable in my body and the visuals were that reality took a richness onto it, like everything was way more definde and significant yet look proportion to each other slightly

i saw my buddy take a full hit of the exact same stuff and he seemed to have passed out. a few minutes later he snapped awake.
and i cannot explain what he saw other then the hippos from fantasia

i would have tried DMT again and done the whole affair properly but sadly my buddy ran out before i had an oppurtunity.

Weedguru_Falkon

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Well, I'm working on DMT extract right now, again. I've been running into troubles and troubles, but finally have some tangible product to experiment with.
I think thats almost two doses, but I can't be sure. I'll likely put it all into one experience for a friend so they don't just "dip their toes" in the water. They want the full experience, so they shall have it.
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:27 pm

^ Interesting....if you like please post up your extraction methods, it's a rather intriguing topic

Weedguru_Falkon

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:56 am

and todays pull:
A little yellower since i kept it in a hot water bath for like 8 hours, the extraction picked up a few plant fats and other alkaloids. Still completely safe to smoke. In fact myself as well as others tend to prefer yellow to white DMT
Had an insane trip last night with some friends. More on that.. later?

my method..
in a litre (or bigger) jar...
add 700 mL water, add 115 grams of lye/sodium hydroxide/ NaOH *** LYE IS DANGEROUS!***, stir until dissolved. Wait a little for the water to cool off (It goes from cold water to just under boiling in this process.) then add 100 grams mimosa hostilis bark (broken up or powdered)
Stir until mostly mixed in, then cap your jar, shake a bit more and set in a warm place for at least a day. I did 36 hours or so.
Add 150 mL naphtha, cap, shake stir mix and otherwise agitate the solution for a little while.
Then, either
1. sit in a hot water bath (I used a big pot full of water on the stove, heat on lowish) and let sit for another 8+ hours, mixing and agitating periodically.
or
2. keep on a shelf in a warm room and let sit at least 24 hours, mixing and agitating periodically.

There will be two layers. the naphtha clear/yellowish one on top, brown sludge on bottom.
Take a glass turkey baster, siphon off about half of the naphtha from the top, put into a small, half pint ish jar, and evaporate at least half of it.
After this, stick in the coldest freezer you have. for me, i saw some good crystals after 10 hours or so. Either pour the still-liquid naphtha into the bark jar, or evaporate to yield LOTS of yellow dmt crystals.
The ones from the freezer will be pretty damn white, while the evaporated ones are pretty yellow.

ALSO, for that first picture i posted up there a couple posts up... that yielded 4 breakthrough trips and 3 non breakthrough trips, but there was a little bit more added after that picture

**I'm changing this topic to sticky. There isn't a DMT sticky yet, and for the worlds most powerful hallucinogen/psychedelic, i think it deserves it.

Weedguru_Falkon

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:24 pm

There's enough here, if properly smoked, to trip out 30 people or so, maybe even more. [THAT IS ILLEGAL, THROW THIS AWAY if you have some. I am not responsible for your actions, as i don't condone this substance at all.]

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:19 am

ha.. I envy you! I wish I could get ahold of DMT..
Peace Not Greed.

Weedguru_Falkon

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:16 pm

If you're curious enough, you have the internet and therefore have everything you need.
You just gotta get it to your house :rofl: