Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Mephedrone

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:15 am

Mephedrone
Unknown Author

Mephedrone basics

Find out all the basics about mephedrone in this fact sheet, including what it is, how it works, and how it affects your mental and physical health.

Summary

* Mephedrone is a stimulant that comes in the form of a white powder or tablet
* It produces euphoria, alertness, talkativeness and feelings of empathy.
* It can cause anxiety and paranoia, heart palpitations and fits or seizures. Severe nosebleeds have been reported after snorting.
* Reports suggest regular use can result in a compulsive habit and desire to redose when using.
* Little is known about long term effects due to the short history of its use.

What is mephedrone?

Mephedrone (Mieow, Meow, Meph, MCAT, 4MMC) is the synthetic (man-made) stimulant 4-Methylmethcathinone, chemically related to cathinone, the psychoactive chemical class present in the khat plant. The effects of mephedrone are often compared to those of MDMA, MBDB, bk-MDMA (methylone), cocaine, methamphetamine and other stimulants.

Because of its short duration and intense rush, there reports of compulsive re-dosing, resulting in the use of more mephedrone than intended. Although it is not a ‘plant food’, it is often sold as such on the internet. Some users report it to be contained in some legal highs. It is sold as a white powder, crystals, capsules and in pill form.

Classification

Mephedrone is classed as a stimulant; this term refers to the effect of the drug on the central nervous system and not to a user’s mood. Stimulants cause breathing and heartbeat to speed up and body temperature to rise.
How is mephedrone used?

Mephedrone can be taken:

* Orally: (powder wrapped in cigarette paper and “bombed” or ingested in capsule or pill form). Swallowing lasts longer than snorting but the effects take longer to appear. It is the most common method of administration.
* Nasally: (snorted with straw or banknote.) Snorting comes on quickly and effects are usually felt within 15 minutes and peak within half an hour. Effects fade after around an hour.

Immediate effect of mephedrone

The immediate effects of mephedrone may include:

* Perception of increased energy
* Feeling of ‘coming up’
* Euphoria
* Alertness
* Urge to talk
* Intense connection with music
* Feelings of empathy
* Poor short term memory
* Intense craving to redose
* Poor concentration
* Increased heart rate
* Increased blood pressure
* Dilated pupils
* Teeth grinding
* Dry mouth
* Suppressed appetite
* Palpitations
* Intense sweating
* Irritation/pain to nasal area after snorting
* Sleeplessness/insomnia
* Nystagymus (eye jitters)
* Pain & irritation of skin if exposed to the substance
* Nose bleeds if taken nasally.

Like other stimulants, there are typically comedown symptoms such as lethargy and low mood.

Effects from regular mephedrone use

Little is known about long term effects due to the short history of its use.

Mephedrone may increases heart rate and blood pressure, putting increased strain on the heart.

Some users have reported chest pains, palpitations, and irregular heart beats. There have been fatalities where mephedrone had been used prior to death.

Is mephedrone addictive?

Initial reports suggested that mephedrone was a "non-addictive" alternative to methamphetamine, cocaine, and other stimulants, but there is increasing evidence that it causes compulsive use patterns that are similar to or stronger than those of other recreational stimulants.

It is possibly physically addictive, although physical withdrawal symptoms are likely not to be life threatening. However, psychological addiction in some users seems to be a problem with this substance.

http://betweenthelines.net.au/drug-fact ... one-basics

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Re: Mephedrone

Post by andriaSRH » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:58 am

Intense connection with music

When I listen to music on meow ..for real...it feels like my entire body is vibrating. It feels like the world is shaking around me. I love it. Also listening to the good type of music can bring on a peak.

Poor short term memory
This should also be a long term effect. My memory is so shit. You know those times when you talk into a room and you forget what you went in for? Well eventually you would remember. I don't remember at all. So I just stand there trying to relive the past 10 minutes of my life feeling retarded as shit.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:05 am

andriaSRH wrote:
Poor short term memory
This should also be a long term effect. My memory is so shit. You know those times when you talk into a room and you forget what you went in for? Well eventually you would remember. I don't remember at all. So I just stand there trying to relive the past 10 minutes of my life feeling retarded as shit.
that is pretty sad man :ohjeez:

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 am

Yup.

Mephedrone is a hell of a drug.