Drug Testing Facts

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Drug Testing Facts

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:14 am

So I was just reading the following thread...

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... st#p418963

In that thread I came across the following quote:
A quick flush will greatly increase the chances of passing the test, but it's imperative that at least 48 to 72 hours pass from toxin to test. That means not smoking for several days before the big day, or the quick flush won't work.
I know drug test threads are probably the most common thread on this website so there's plenty of information out there for me to look through, but in as soon as a few weeks, I may have to pass a drug test in order to get a job I am seeking out. Until now, I have never had to worry about this reality and so whenever it was brought up I didn't pay as much attention as I should have. From what I have heard in general though, it should take up to 2-4 weeks for the THC to be removed from one's fat cells. The passage I quoted though mentions that it could be possible to pass after only 2-3 days?

I understand that the most common response will be to play it safe and wait the few weeks (and I mostly agree) but I am interested in the FACTS. If I do look into trying out some detox drink, workout a lot (which I already do) and drink a lot of water/orange juice etc. is it really possible to pass only after even a week? Please share your thoughts, this time it's personal!

Any other info that comes to mind would be helpful as well so please do share all.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: Drug Testing Facts

Post by sugarstalker » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:07 am

having drugtests on employees is... strange imo.

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

It's unheard of where I grew up in Canada as well but now I'm in the states. Then again I'm about to be a certified professional coach in a sport... If there's anything that should drug test, this is probably the employment.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:23 am

I'm Canadian too and have never had to worry or even think about drug tests.

I don't think there are any concrete facts about the time it takes to remove THC from your system. There are too many variables. Like for example how much you've smoked, over a given period of time.Someone like me who smokes everyday, and has been for years is gonna take way longer to get out of the system. Someone who toked twice in the last 3 weeks is gonna be way different. I doubt a quick flush works for a heavy smoker. But then again, who knows really? Nobody knows exactly I think.

Hard to say if detox drinks really work....they might to a certain extent, but there's no way to know really.

If I knew ahead of time that I had a test coming up, I'd stop smoking ASAP for the longest period of time possible before the test and then cross my fingers. Theres not much else you can do.

The type of test depends to....is it urine, or blood? Or hair?

There's so many factors...body weight, body fat, metabolism probably are other factors as well

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:12 am

Yeah dude, just stop smoking from NOW until the test. It's hard, but remind yourself that marijuana is not addictive and there is no reason for you to be dependent on it. Just use your willpower. Also, you can buy home testing kits at almost any drug store.

I finally got a real professional job and I didn't have to take a drug test here in Texas. I've never had to take a drug test for employment. I begin probation soon for my DWI, so I'll probably be seeing my first ever drug test real soon. Not looking forward to it, but I'm just not smoking. Best of luck.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:30 am

No drug test in Texas? I've always been under the impression that Texas was the toughest state for stuff like that...guess it's a misconception then eh? May I ask what your profession is out of curiosity??

i wonder how reliable home drug tests really are?

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 am

well, if it's a hair test you're pretty much fudged, unless you just cut it all off.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Shaved from head to toe lol..you ain't getting my hair!

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:33 am

I am currently working as a Manufacturing Scientist in a biotech lab. I was fully expecting a drug test but I have been working for over a month now and nothing yet. I am not smoking though, because they still might test, and I have probation which will definitely drug test so...:(
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:44 pm

I've passed drug tests in as little as two days without smoking. I usually just drink a lot of water, so much that it is painful, not good for the kidneys and probably a really stupid thing to do. My piss comes out as clear as water, but I take a large amount of b-vitamins and the appropriate amount of creatine with the water so the piss turns back to its natural color and so it has the correct levels of creatine in it. I'm suprised I've never been asked to come back to take another test for diluting the original, I don't know if I would recommend this because of the strain on the kidneys, but it has worked for me multiple times. These were for scheduled tests, I imigagine if I got a random or if someone got hurt while I was around then a mandatory on spot drug test would also cost me.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:53 am

With me I'm just relaxing on the beach, smokin' a billy, I'm disabled.