First time grower Needs some tips on plant

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

Locoboy29
Casual toker
Casual toker

First time grower Needs some tips on plant

Post by Locoboy29 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:58 am

This is my first plant ever, I've been growing it for about two to three months now. I've only been giving it water and keeping it under a grow light. When I first started i gave it water with tomato plant food, but i stopped. I'm not sure what I'm doing but to me it looks like "Charlie Browns christmas tree." Take a look at the pix and give me some in sight. Thanks

P.S

I named him harry... I have more pix but I could only upload three.
Attachments
d252.jpg
d252.jpg (40.8 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
bcb3.jpg
bcb3.jpg (36.53 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
8ee6.jpg
8ee6.jpg (46.41 KiB) Viewed 2289 times

Locoboy29
Casual toker
Casual toker

Re: First time grower Needs some tips on plant

Post by Locoboy29 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Update, well, I have been following somethings others have been doing, for instance, I've started to cut his time under the light. he's now under the light 12 hours at a time. He seems to like it because he has str8'nd out and not all crooked anymore. He's leaves are going but from what I've read that's normal. he's using sugars from those yellow dieing leaves. AND I've learned that he's a she! Instead of watering him everyday, I'm doing it once a week. ( I read someone was doing it to their plant) Only thing is, should I go back to using the tomato plant food in the water versus just plain filtered water?

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:39 am

I'm no expert. I would assume nutrition is better than just water. And lucky you that it's a she, when you were talking about it as a male and calling it Harry I was certain you were dooming the plant to be a male. Also, for a couple month old plant, she looks pretty weak, sorry to say.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Locoboy29
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Locoboy29 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:31 pm

I know ,that's why i'm asking for some assisntance to see what I can do to make her healthy...

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:51 am

Hopefully one of the other growers can help you, I'm no expert. But they could do with some more info, what kind of soil mix do you have? What kind of lights?
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Locoboy29
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Locoboy29 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:13 pm

I'm using miracle grow all organic soil. For the light I'm using a 24" GE fluorescent plant and aquarium F20.
More specificly it puts out 750 lumens and the cri is 90. Since I've started putting the tomato plant food back in her water the leaves have started to "claw" if you will. To much or just shock from being with out for awhile? I water her on wednesdays and sundays one cup of filtered water and one table spoon of tomato food... (yes, I suppose that could be a tad excessive on the food..)

Locoboy29
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Locoboy29 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:06 am

I'm sad to say that I found harry slumped over just now, I guess i used way to much tomato plant food in one setting. She was loved, germinated by my ex, and sadly died in the hands of a true amature. She was part of a corner stone that held up a once loving relationship and later died in the bitter end smothered in tomato plant food. She will be missed!

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:29 pm

What kinda light are you using?

TheHouseCoatguy
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by TheHouseCoatguy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:47 pm

high mate
miracle grow all organic soil has all the nuits needed for a plant of that age.giving exrta nuits as well has fried the roots.i would bet that you overwaterd it as well.you put the plant in flowering is probly not a god idea.you can leach the plant with ph water .before check ppms of phed water.check it again from the wter that comes out the bottom fot ph and ppm.it may be faster to start again than trin to save this one.root hairs take a while to comeback .but you want to watch the new growth not the old.if tour gettin leaf tip burn u r fryin them.let the plants tell u what they need until u understand a bit more.to little of something is much better than to much of something.thats a basic rule for beginers.overdoing nuits and water bigest mistakes made.ph a close second if not tied for 1st
hope this helps

elegantfool
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by elegantfool » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Don't mean to sound like a smart arse but when growing from seed you only need to veg for 4 weeks then flower. Your girls with treble or quadruple in flower maybe more. I always use 24 hour light for two weeks then week at 20/4 then week at 18/6 then turn to flower 12/12. Make sure you have 70 lumens per square foot min in flower to stop stretching you only need about 45 for veg.

Different with clones but thats another story.

This baby is 100% pure indica, have had much broader leaves on indica before but you can saee the difference betwwen her and 100% sativa with its beautiful slim leaves, the leaves you always see in pics. I have had indica dominant strains with leaves that look more like a cabbage lol. (couchlock time lol) and has been vegged from seed for 25 days and is 19 days in flower has about 30-40 days left depending the kind of high I want (cloudy THC or more Amber THC). She is 21 days in flower now and buds have doubled from this pic. She is 1.2metres tall and slowed upward growth so all development from now will be buds. only thing I am adding now is mollasse will use nutes at some point. A good tip is never use nutes for flowers that is what gives the bad taste, they have nutes not good for consumption. If you are worried just use Tomatorite and buildup the amount gradually. Nutes designed for food plants obviously have to contain nutes that do not alter taste of food crop. Also I found you do not need to flush until much nearer the end and not as dramtically to get a great clean taste. Oh she is twilight and great weed for bongs leaving you a sweet fruity/berry taste in your throat for hours after.

Twilight colas (this is one plant I topped to get two main colas. Rushed her harvest really another week and would have had at least a third bigger colas.

OMG I love weed so much sad or what lol

Terraball
Why Hello There !

Post by Terraball » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:34 am

EDIT: Really sorry, that's two old threads I resurrected. Will be sure to read dates from now on

That plant looks healthy elegantfool. Did you mean watts when you wrote lumens? You must have because 70 lumens isn't enough. I love those fruity tasting buds.