Couple of questions

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

Nonyer
Why Hello There !

Couple of questions

Post by Nonyer » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi all, figured this would be a good place to get started :)

Here's my questions:

1. How many times can you chain cuttings ie seed -> plant -> take cutting -> grow plant -> new cutting -> grow plant etc
Just wondering if you keep taking cuttings and using them to grow does a plant line eventualy become unusable and you need to start a fresh strain from seeds.
I dont have room for a seperate 'mother' plant and cant afford to buy seeds much so can I keep an endless line of cuttings going?

2. What do you recommend some options to safely get rid of plant trimmings and male plants to discard? Want to protect from prying eyes and noses of neighbors and garbage men etc I dont have a garden so no compost heaps etc any ideas?

That should be enough to get started, thanks all.

Non

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: Couple of questions

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 am

Nonyer wrote:Hi all, figured this would be a good place to get started :)

Here's my questions:

1. How many times can you chain cuttings ie seed -> plant -> take cutting -> grow plant -> new cutting -> grow plant etc
Just wondering if you keep taking cuttings and using them to grow does a plant line eventualy become unusable and you need to start a fresh strain from seeds.
I dont have room for a seperate 'mother' plant and cant afford to buy seeds much so can I keep an endless line of cuttings going?

You need a separate room....otherwise the 12/12 light cycle for flowering will kick the clones into flowering as well. Clones (or any weed plant in the vegetative state) need a light cycle of 18/24 or 24/24...as soon as you flick the lights to 12/12 flowering cycle kicks inYou can't do both under the same light cycle.

2. What do you recommend some options to safely get rid of plant trimmings and male plants to discard? Want to protect from prying eyes and noses of neighbors and garbage men etc I dont have a garden so no compost heaps etc any ideas?

Toilet

That should be enough to get started, thanks all.

Non

Terraball
Why Hello There !

Re: Couple of questions

Post by Terraball » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:17 am

Be careful flushing, It could cause a blockage. It could be especially bad if it gets blocked further down the line than your private plumbing. Can't think of anything better at the moment though.