Hockey

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

mr_pickle
Bonghead
Bonghead

Re: Hockey

Post by mr_pickle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:27 am

made my decision, vancouver... cause philly doesnt have a goalie that can be great alll season.

fun fact: me and my friends were drunk and prank called justin pogge (ex-leafs/marlies goalie) the other night haha, and he picked up... hilarious

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Tue May 03, 2011 10:37 pm

mr_pickle wrote:Alright, cup winner predictions for the 2010-2011 season?

Im gonna say it'll be a.... Philly vs. Vancouver final, haven't picked a winner of that yet...
Pretty good call almost a year ago... along with your above post. Philly's having an incredible amount of tending problems these playoffs (like you said) but they could still make it to the finals. Vancouver's having their own struggles in the west, but they're still likely the favorites to make the finals. Only time will tell!

I picked Washington vs. Vancouver in about January... they both ended 1st in their respective conferences so it seeeeeeems like it's the obvious choice but Washington was about 6th when I said it. :lol:

Sigh, if only more people around here liked talking hockey. :P
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:27 am

The number one ranked University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs came away with only 1 point out of 4 against the unraked Michigan Tech this weekend and they retained the number one spot in college hockey which in my opinion is complete bullshit. Although, if they would have lost the top spot it would have went to the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers, who are the most arrogant bunch of pricks I have ever run across.

In related news the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux swept the Wisconsin Badgers and moved up to fifth in the WCHA standings. If they are able to go on a run they still have a shot at taking the Broadmoor trophy in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association.

If they can accomplish this they will have a shoe in into the tournament in March, which only selects 16 teams. However with UND's low pairwise ranking they will be right on the edge of making or missing the tournament if they do not take the WCHA by the end of the year. Fuck the gophers and GO SIOUX!!! We still have a shot and I think we can do it!
Get busy living or get busy dying.