kick boxin`

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →

kick boxin`

Post by weedguru tom » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:51 pm

i just started kickboxin`, its a great release, frustration n anger, try it you might like it.

Baybee
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Baybee » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:01 pm

I used to take Kickboxing. My instructor was amazing, Tom Laroche. Apperently he used to be some kind of 'world champion' then retired, and instructed. He was trippy, I member, once I heart my knee, I shit you not, he said a prayer of some sort.. and instantly, it felt better. I took a 'womans self defence corse there as well.
[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k287/GoCanucksGo_2007/canucks_logo.gif[/img]

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:07 pm

Yea kickboxing is fun. I just havent had much time now that Im living in an aparment. I was used to having my heavy bag set up in the basement so I could go beat on it anytime I wanted. Now if I want to do any sort of boxing or training I have to go to the YMCA which charges twelve bucks for a day pass.

So now I just do a lot of running.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

juliennepeters
Casual toker
Casual toker

Re: kick boxin`

Post by juliennepeters » Fri May 07, 2010 7:44 am

Kickboxing is a great way for having a work out and learning to defend yourself in the process. It helps in increasing your strength as well as agility. Kickboxing is a healthy sport since it teaches you how to defend yourself. In the uncertain world that we live in today, there are many threats which is why one must know some basic self defense. The sport has a rich history as it dates back about one thousand years in Asia. The modern day version of the sport became more popular in America during the 1970s when it was on of the forms of full contact martial art.