The world game..FooTbALL

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Re: The world game..FooTbALL

Post by Gorecore » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:58 pm

HEY! Hey now, little man! You can stand there and slag me off all you like but don't you start talkin about how I feel about my beloved West Ham! 'Cause I love 'em! I loooove 'em gooders!

-Roy The IT Crowd

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:26 am

flagg wrote:Being 4th in the Premiership league last year put Spurs among the top dogs ( top four teams ) granted they have to do it consistently to be considered one of the top four.

Chelsey and Arsenal have stil to play a decent team this season so the jury is out on them.Watched Liverpool yesterday and they were shit , yep they going nowhere alas.

Did you know you can watch all the games on computer ?
You have your own definition of 'top dogs' mate. And I have mine. As you say, they need to achieve at least 4th, consistently, to be considered part of the top teams in the country, which have been Arsenal, Man United and chelsea, for a very long time now. Don't get me wrong...I like spurs. Their players, their style of play and their manager. I hope that Harry gets a pop at the englan job before quits the game. Still...with Defoe out for a while now, I think they will lose ground in the race for 4th with City...the race which we wont be able to see clearly until at earliest late october/november time. The most pleasant surprise so far, for me is Holloway's blackpool. Of course they are going to be sucked down the table, as the season progresses, but right now, they must be feeling like true heroes...and rightly so.

Chelsea have won the league already for me. Unless big RIo returns and stays fit, and Rooney stays in decent form for the season, AND...berbatov finally finds some rhythm in a United jersey. In that case, they could likely at least hang onto the coat tails of Chelsea...but then again, I doubt it. I am eager to see how Ramires blossoms. What I have seen of him previously, has very much impressed me. He seems capable of becoming something very special. With Kalou, Malouda and Mikel all suddenly finding their feet, i can't see how chelsea are going to get anything other than stronger, with each passing fixture.

And yes, mate...I watch premiership and Juventus often on my computer...usually via http://livetv.ru/en/
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:26 am

Must have a try on that livetv this weekend ,see whats it like , as you say we wont know for sure until maybe November how the premm is looking when the teams are more settled ,one thing tho altho Liverpool have been bad for the last 2 seasons m but they did win the uefa cup four years ago since when Arsenal have won nothing .

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:59 am

You mean the CHampions league, mate...not the uefa cup, which actually became the Europa League, a year or three back. Gerrard is beginning to get a bit long in the tooth. Reina, on his day, can be fantastic and obviously there is Torres, as by far their most special player. Joe COle could prove a wicked signing, if he can stay fit...but the rest of the squad is average. Benitez spent a huge amount of money on very average players. I have never rated him as a manager...yes, he won the champions league, but it was lucky, very very lucky. Other than that, he made one decent challenge for the title, in six seasons...As a Juve supporter, i am very glad that he is now at Inter, because it dramatically weakens them. I doubt to the point of anyone else in Italy seriously challenging for the scudetto this season, because Mourinho built something incredibly strong there, so it will take a while for Benitez to stamp his own mark on the team and make them worse...

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:11 am

UEFA Champions league yes .. thats what Liverpool won , it was previously called the European cup which Liverpool won 4 times .. its a wonder that with all the money Chelsey have spent they havent won it or nothing like it .. in fact before the money arrived they could only compete for the micky mouse cups. I tried the livetv site last night to watch Spurs , very nice site thanks mate :)

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Hopefully, as an Arsenal fan, Robin van Persie can manage to stay atleast slightly uninjured this year, and maybe we can actually have a shot at both CL and PL. But I doubt he will, and Arsenal really really needs a new goalkeeper to stay on top imo. Other than that.... GO READING!

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:51 am

flagg wrote:UEFA Champions league yes .. thats what Liverpool won , it was previously called the European cup which Liverpool won 4 times .. its a wonder that with all the money Chelsey have spent they havent won it or nothing like it .. in fact before the money arrived they could only compete for the micky mouse cups. I tried the livetv site last night to watch Spurs , very nice site thanks mate :)
Chelsea have won 3 of the last 6 premiership titles, 3 of the last 4 FA Cups, 2 of the last 6 leage cups. They spent big and they have won big. And they have by far the strongest squad in england, one of the strongest in europe also i would say. Money needs to be spent wisely...As Juventus of today shows, if spent badly, it can easily make a team worse. Despite the calciopoli relegation, which there is a huge amount more to, as a story, than the majority of people realize...for starters, several other clubs, including Inter, have been proven to have done far worse than asking a referre designator for a particular referee, for a frucking friendly match. Still, where was I??? Indeed...we went down, got rid of not just Moggi, which the scandal centred around, but also other directors. The replacements were terrible. We had money to spend, and these last three seasons, we have spent more badly than well. Some of it was misfortune, at best, with players like Andrade, signed for 12m from Deportivo. He was a quality defender in Spain, and would have been a quality defender for us, had he not got injured early into his Juve career and then never returned. Other signings, such as 18m on Amauri, 7m on Poulsen (when Alonso was willing to join us, but ranieri said he was too slow for italy!!!!!!), 22m for Melo, 25m for DIego...these have hurt the club. Finally this Summer, after an appalling last season, our worst for 50 years, we got rid of our transfer director and brought in someone who at least had experience proving he was competent. Its very different in Italy, to England, when it comes to signings. The Manager says what he needs, and the transfer director gets the players he thinks matches the team's needs. In England its more a case of The Manager says 'i want HIM', and the transfer people try to get HIM. Only with Mourinho did this change, as he had to decide upon his signings...Now we find ourselves in a period of getting rid of dead wood on huge wages like 4m a year, and bringing in two or three potentially world class players, and several stopgap players. Krasic and Bonucci are very good signings, and Quagiarella could prove wicked. But Motta, Martinez, Pepe...the jury is definitely still out on all of them. At least most our signings have been a loan with the option of buying them outright. There is also the interesting loan of Aquilani...if he can stay injury free, he can be phenomenal, but where he fits into a 4-4-2, i am unsure. We need a year or two now, to build a team, get back into the champions league and then attract more high quality players. But presently, we are a horrible example of a Club who had money and has spent it very poorly.

I am glad you made good use of the link, mate! I like to watch Spurs now and then...Some interesting players. I am very impressed with Huddlestone the more I see him and Defoe is always explosive...he will be sorely missed...did you get rid of Keane????

sugastalker, I know what you mean. And your words echo those of my arsenal loving mate. VP is a top player when fit and firing on all cylinders, and i feel sorry for him and arsenal fans, for how much playing time he has lost over the last 12 months. Still...at least you kept fabregas for just one more season, and Asrhavin is becoming more consistent, Vela is getting chances and scoring, Chamack seems to be settling in well...its your defence that worries me, as well as the goalkeeping situation. Why Wenger didn't sign one during the transfer window is beyond me...You lack height at the back. Perhaps Squillachi can add this, but against Blackburn, who admittedly, are one of the most Hustle and Muscle teams in the league, you looked noticeably smaller than them. Shame about the injury to frimpong, i saw a game pre-season, in which he looked wicked. I am a big fan of Wenger, and also the style of football he advocates and demands...

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Keane was supposed to go out on loan but i think Defoe`s injury has given him a reprieve .. il be shouting for your team against Man City should turn out to be a cracker .. yes Chelsey and Arsenal were awsome in Europe this week.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:31 pm

ooooh, I saw the highlights from the L'pool v ManU match. That was brutal.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:31 pm

interesting to see bromich beat the gunners... liverpool draw to sunderland .... and chelsea lose to the always under performing man city....
arsenal missed a golden chance to close the gap
woah

tweedos
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by tweedos » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Long live Arsene Wenger

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:14 am

I watched United struggle against Sunderland on Saturday. They were very luck to come away with a point, and on the balance of play, Sunderland deserved the 3 points. An awful decision by Ferguson to keep Berbatov on the bench until the second half, as well as Chiqutio...those two are far more dangerous than Macheda and Owen. An especially poor decision considering Chelsea crunched Arsenal 2-0. No surprise that Liverpool got done at home to Holloway's scrappers...the difference between them is Heart and Spirit. As for my own teams...well, Juve continue to build and achieved a respectable 0-0 away to Inter, following an impressive 1-1 away draw to Man City in the Europa league. And we could have won, and perhaps should have won, both matches, on clear cut chances created. As for my beloved Gills...we managed to score 4 away from home for the second time in a month, but...unfortunately we conceded 7. hohohohoohoh! definitely work to be done, but fuck it, new players, new manager, new league, and its bound to take time. At least one of my teams is giving me reason to smile.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:31 am

you would have been happy seeing mourihnos boys getting smashed by 5 this morning animal?
woah

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:50 am

I try and watch soccer, but I just cant do it unless the world cup is on. I love the world cup. It's probably a cultural thing; although America is slowly trying to ingraine soccer into prime time sports. Clinton was talking about trying to get a world cup bid in the states, which would be amazing.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Yeah they're trying to get it in Philadelphia I heard.. if it does happen, MAYBE I'll see it.. maybe. Soccer is just one hell of a boring sport to watch, played it half my life.. just can't watch it at all
Peace Not Greed.