The world game..FooTbALL

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Re: The world game..FooTbALL

Post by cutthecashflow » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:21 pm

I guess Russia got the bid for the 2018 world cup.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:23 am

they purchased the bid, as did qatar, chris...fifa is a horribly corrupt organization whose aims, first and foremost are to line their pockets. How many true football supporters are going to travel to qatar, and try to survive, let alone enjoy 45-55C temperatures???or travel to what is surely not just seen by the world as, but by the russians as, a mafia run state???
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm

i really do think it was obvious to much of the world... and im not simply saying that because my nation lost out on the bid..
it simply was obviously corrupt... how do 22 men behind closed doors have the power to make such an important decision?
woah

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:12 pm

it is truly a great shame, I was really hoping for England to get it. they deserve, and need it.

on another note, Arsenal has taken the first place in the EPL! may Chamakh's aim continue to be true!

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:10 am

They won't stay there long, sugar...The title is between Man U and Chelsea...and the way I see things now, Chelsea won't be gloomy and listless for too much longer, and Rooney is quickly getting back into form. I hope my beloved super wayne stays fit and fires United back to the title. Just to punish Chelsea for treating Wilkins with such disrespect...

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:22 pm

I will be back in this thread at the end of this season of EPL, posting the video where Arsenal lifts the trophy and LAUGH at your feeble Manchester United!

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:08 am

Laughing at United will have no effect on me, other than to ponder your mental well being, sugar...i support one team in England (gillingham), and one team in Italy ( la vecchia signora)...As for teams I like, as in their players, managers, and their style of play, in the premiership, I generally always like Man U, Arsenal, and strangely Fulham...The cottagers because of their grit, manu u and arsenal because of their style. Both those teams focus on attacking football. Wenger is one of my most revered managers in the game, has been for many years now. And so is Fergie. My criticism of Arsenal's chances for the title are their lack of mental grit. Its rare for sublimely talented players to have extreme hunger...Whereas Arsenal have a glittering arsenal of flair weapons, none of their flair players have an ounze of the grit in their femurs that Rooney has in abundance. Highly determined and technically world class. As he has hardly played yet this season, already had his off field dramas put to bed, if he stays fit for the remainder of the campaign, i have no doubt man u will finish above arsenal. I have no preference as to who wins, as long as it is NEVER liverpool...and as you can tell, i would be overjoyed for the next few months to be a battle between my favourite to watch attacking teams of arsenal and man u.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:46 pm

should have been 2-0 against us this morning
woah

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:28 am

The best attacking team in the prem is Spurs, always have been, shame they let in as many goals as they score, you either love or hate Man utd, Rooney showed in the world cup what a donkey he is.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 am

flagg wrote:The best attacking team in the prem is Spurs, always have been, shame they let in as many goals as they score, you either love or hate Man utd, Rooney showed in the world cup what a donkey he is.
always has been??? thats bullshit...or an indication of your lack of exposure and understanding of the premiership since its inception...this season, perhaps, yes. but before this season, no fucking way.

rooney showed what a donkey he is???? Again, you are suggesting that you know fuck-all about the premiership...i would rather go with what the generally, widely accepted best player in the world said a few months back...something along the lines of 'if there is one player, i would like to play alongside, it is Rooney, as he would play as hard and beautifully, whether he was earning a dollar a week or a million...its the fire in his eyes...'

so all in all...a pintless post, flagg...unless your aim was to show yourself to have absolutely no knowledge of the premiership. Even the football poeple i know who despise United, none of them, would ever come out with such lunatic comments. Especially about Rooney proving himself a donkey at the world cup. Ignorance personified...

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:44 pm

When Rooney had a sulk, wanted out of United, proffesional football pundits said he had picked the wrong time for it, pointing out he USED to be good, but the world cup and this season just started found him to be lacking the talent he once had.

Know fuck all about the premiership ? whats that got to do with the fact that Rooney played like a donkey in the world cup ? Thats not only my view mate, its the view of the British press and the views of the English fans who spent a fortune to go and see the world cup and in unison agreed Rooney was the biggest flop, and i dont mean his weight.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:18 am

NO english football pundit of any serious value would suggest thaty Rooney was a has-been...The whole england team was woefull at the world cup, not just Rooney...You stated that Spurs had always been the best attacking team in the premiership, which proves you know nothing of the premiership, as they simply have not been the best attacking team in the premiership. This season, under Redknapp, they play very open, partly as he enjoys that style, but also because all their main strengths are offensive. Play to your strengths etc...back to Rooney, do you really think that Ferguson would have agreed to offering him a longer contract with a massive pay rise, if he thought, for a milisecond, that rooney had lost his talent, after a poor showing in a world cup in which the whole england team were awful, and less than a handful of games so far this season, when he threatened to leave???? If Rooney were to leave United he could go to any of the top teams in the world. No doubt whatsoever...Nobody judges a player on 4 games, when he has several years behind him of producing some of the finest football in the world...

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:36 am

Rooney has scored 2 goals this season ..both penalties.. he could have made it a hat trick of penalties monday night but he missed.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:48 am

he has played...what...7 games???? When injured before, and he is coming back from injury now. His penalty miss against arsenal meant nothing, as they still won. He was out for a while, and is slowly gathering match sharpness. Like ALL professional footballers, its extremely rare for a player to be injured, then return instantly as good as he was in his last lengthy run of injury free football...when he is fit, he is the first name on the team sheet for Ferguson and Capello. If you disagree with them, fine. I don't. But you are gravely mistaken to suggest that the english press, generally, views him as a has-been...and I see you have now stopped your defence of 'spurs have always been the greatest attacking team'...and rightly so. Judge a player on 7 games, when he has been far from peak match sharpness, and before which, has proven himself, to be one of the world's greatest strikers...if you please. I judge Rooney, on what I know he is : one of the world's greatest strikers. Like most people who know the premiership, know Rooney, and know football...

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Capello picked him while he was fit to play for his country in the world cup ,he just wasnt good enough against the best in the world , he was expected by all and sundry to bring the cup back to England, he didnt,seriously he either bottled it or just wasnt good enough, take your pick. He wasnt injured when Mr Ferguson put him on the bench,Alex is more canny than that , he wanted the little tyke to realise who was in charge , it was only when he signed a further contract with Utd that the injury was mentioned .As for Spurs ,they have been known to be the one of the most open playing attacking teams before and after the money making prem was ever thought of.One thing tho,your saying he missed a penalty but it didnt matter because they won,hmmm a player with fire in his eyes cant beat a one against one ?