The world game..FooTbALL

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: The world game..FooTbALL

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:40 am

flagg wrote:Capello picked him while he was fit to play for his country in the world cup ,he just wasnt good enough against the best in the world , he was expected by all and sundry to bring the cup back to England, he didnt,seriously he either bottled it or just wasnt good enough, take your pick. He wasnt injured when Mr Ferguson put him on the bench,Alex is more canny than that , he wanted the little tyke to realise who was in charge , it was only when he signed a further contract with Utd that the injury was mentioned .As for Spurs ,they have been known to be the one of the most open playing attacking teams before and after the money making prem was ever thought of.One thing tho,your saying he missed a penalty but it didnt matter because they won,hmmm a player with fire in his eyes cant beat a one against one ?
you seem to be unable to understand the concept of a whole team playing terribly, as well as their manager performing woefully. Even Lionel Messi would have looked shoddy in that england team...he didnt look that great in Diego's argentina team. I dont think he scored even one goal...WHy? Because he was in horribly poor form? No...because Maradona isn't a football manager. His management style was egotistical and selfish. Yet, you look at Messi at barca, in a team which stays in good form, has a huge talent pool, and is well managed, and he shines like the brightest star in the night sky. Rooney didn't do any worse than other english player. Some did worse than him, but the general form of the team, and manager was shocking. Also, rooney plays against world class opposition often, in thepremiership and especially in the champions league.

He was not expected by all and sundry to bring the cup home. it was widely hoped for, as most countries hope for their star players to dazzle. but expected? Not by anyone i know who follows football. most of them expected us to fuck up. Not as badly as we did fuck up, but still, insane optimism for an english supporter amounts, at best, to 'we have a squad capable of doing well, if our main players are in form, and we get a bit of luck'. But even anything as seriously hopeful of that, was rather rare in most football drenched minds.

So if you say 'the whole england team and manager bottled it'. i will agree. But singling out rooney, is ridiculous. What about gerrard? Lampard? Terry?? Milner???ashley cole??? all of whom were coming of impressive seasons in the premiership. The rest of the team is fairly average, so their failures are less obvious. I expect players like glen johnson, carragher and especially ledley king, to be poor...ledley king??? hohohohoho...what other team was there at the tournament, with any even slim hope of winning the thing outright, who took and played a defender who couldnt even train properly, couldnt last 90 minutes, and was permanently injured???? They all failed. And i find it easier and more accurate to focus most the blame on cappello and the defence. We were a disgrace defensively. But what is to be expected with the likes of Carragher and King in the back line??? mathew upson???...

'wanted the little tyke to know who was in charge'????? However Ferguson behaved, acted, during the rooney wishing to leave saga, and since then, rooney had a holiday in the US, then got a major pay rise, and is now back in the team and looking fitter game by game...that doesn't really strike me as what constitutes 'put in your place'. I dont think he has been completely right in the body since the late middle of last season...did his ankle in against the krouts...he didnt look fit at the world cup, or at the start of this season. and yes, his injury problems this season were reported well before the situation regarding his desire to leave came out in the open. He had played only 4 or 5 games in total, between the start of the season and mid october . The reason he had played only 5 games, was due to his lack of fitness and injury niggles. which were constantly in the news.

again, if you knew anything about football you would not suggest a player can be judged on missing one penalty. I remember Baggio spooning his penalty in the world cup final, horribly high...and yet he still ranks, for most people who ever saw him play, as one of the most talented footballers of the last decade or two. all in all you appear to know really very little about Rooney and the premiership.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:46 pm

First you say ...

`He was not expected by all and sundry to bring the cup home. it was widely hoped for, as most countries hope for their star players to dazzle. but expected? Not by anyone i know who follows football. most of them expected us to fuck up`

Then you say ...

`We were a disgrace defensively. But what is to be expected with the likes of Carragher and King in the back line??? `

Expected or hoped?

I totaly agree with you that we all hoped Rooney to do well, but deep down we expected this brilliant player to do a tad more than he did,and thats why the fans blamed him more than the others.

And when you say that the reason he had only played 5 games was due to his lack of fitness and injury niggles. which were constantly in the news...what was in the news tho was he had been caught with a prossie again leavin alex with no option but to drop him from the next game

Rooney might or he might not reach the heights of last season again one day but it does not take away the fact he is playing super badly.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:13 am

you have your facts wrong...and are consistently proving this.

The revelations about Rooney and the whore, were regarding a period a few years ago, not recently.

You, yourself, openly state that Ferguson is canny...do you honestly believe that Ferguson would want a player he thought was a has-been, a player who was mentally in the mire, a player who openly told the press he wants to leave...to be rewarded with a holiday and a massive pay rise and extended contract???? Very 'canny' indeed...

your point of my own perception of hundreds of football supporters' expectations and hopes, makes no sense...the vast majority, i know, and i mean hundreds, had a romantic hope, that if everything went well, if the TEAM played well, we could go far...yet the same majority expected us to fuck up. Which is basically, what i wrote.

if you had shown even a hint of proper awareness of the premiership, and of rooney, i would go into more detail, but you simply haven't done so. All you have shown is an ability to pick up news snippets, and assume they are general, widespread sentiments.

He wasn't fit before the world cup. He wasn't fit during the world cup. He wasnt fit after the world cup. Facts...and pray tell, i will put it in capitals, to make it very clear...WHY WOULD FERGUSON AGREE TO, AND THE CLUB AGREE, TO REWARDING ROONEY WITH A HOLIDAY IN THE US AND A GREATLY IMPROVED CONTRACT WHEN HE PUBLICALLY EXPRESSED A DESIRE TO LEAVE???? what horrible punishment! ANy other player in the united squad who pulled such a stunt, would be OUT...

you seem to assume that England, as a national team, are solely Rooney. It is not. Never has been. Never will be. You have also as expected, sidestepped, all my words regarding why Messi was also a failure at the world cup...yet he is regarded as the greatest player in the world. Not one goal at the world cup! by your apparent measures, that makes him awful...

I am no man united supporter. I like the way they play, and i love rooney...as he is by far the most naturally talented offensive player, I have ever seen, with english blood, in 20 years of following english and italian and world football...

By all means, if you wish to contest me, ferguson, lionel messi...all who rate Rooney as world class...be my guest. but the fact remains...despite his injury problems, which are VERY well publicized, despite his mental issues, also very well publicized, despite his eagerness to leave...his club and manager gave him more money, a holiday, and a longer contract, because they were desperate to hang on to him...WHY????? Or will you respond by telling me that Ferguson is not as 'canny' as you mentioned?

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:37 pm

He has been caught again this year .. this season in fact .. so he took his missus to Dubai to try and patch things up.Swam in the pool while his team played against Stoke back home, not even bothering to watch them on the tv.I wont put it in capitals.

Messi was awful in the world cup ..however since then he has been outstanding as usual ..thats why Messi is pure class.

I do like listening to experts on sport on tv and also read about whats happening in sport in general ..not snippets by the way..but even snippets are handy to prove a point.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:15 am

Lets just agree to differ, Flagg...and allow me to add that, that I sincerely appreciate the chance to debate football topics with a fellow supporter of the world game, as in these parts they are few and far apart. Reading over my own rantings...they make sense, but also are far from friendly or decent. And I would rather be friendly and decent. And hope that we can continue our debate, on other topics as they present themselves. Also...I will apologize for my boyish desire to crunch!. Its more suited to a teenager than a man of 31 years alive and increasingly aware...so please continue to speak to mainly me it seems, about my beloved football. As your interest in the sport, your knowledge, and your eagerness to debate football matters, is greatly appreciated...

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Always known through your posts your decent fair and friendly .. and its nice to have a debate going now and again lol .. anyway Merry Christmas mate. :rastasmoke:

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:39 am

Cheers...for showing such amicable decency, mr flagg...Lets hope the ice thaws, so we can have a bonanza of football news to rant at each other about...by the way, who do you support?

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:24 am

I watched Rooney in action against SUnderland...and he is gathering form, gathering match sharpness, and at times, was absolutely sublime...Still needs a few more games, but i am most content, with his progress since the bullshit, contractually, physically and mentally from earlier this season. The boy wonder is on the comeback trail...sharper by the day!

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:11 pm

I missed that game , honest lol , but its 6pm here , another 2 hours before Arsenal - Chelsey . not sure what time it is there but im going to have a go at predicting the score.

Arsenal are playing realy well and at home.

Chelsea are out of form a bit and playing away.

Cant imagine a team such as Chelsey going so long out of form , i think the match tonight will prove it.

Left meself wide open there lOl

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:51 am

Nasri is going to make the departure of Fabregas, to Barca, in the Summer, considerably more palatble to the true gooners, than could be suggested of such a situation, last summer. That is my main point about Arsenal. Other than...they will not win the league. Too lacking in gritty, clever thugs, to prosper. If they had a Vidic, or a Terry, added to a Cech or a Van De Sar, my predictions would be different...As for Chelski; I am surprised at the now well extended length of their slump. Much is down to their failure to adequately replace Carvalho, as much is down to the injury to Lampard, who is their MAIN figure, not just in midfield, but for the team as a whole. They could well have moved Ivanovic into the middle, but...they have no other top quality right back. Sold themselves too cheap in the summer, and are now paying the price. Whilst I doubt now, that they can do much better than fight it out for second with Arsenal, if Lampard stays fit, I truly do not see them winning the league, if Bebratov continues his fine form, Nani and Anderson remain more useful than flattering to deceive, and most importantly of all...you knew this was coming, mate!/...Rooney stays fit! The title in such circumstances, is United's to lose.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:32 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... intcmp=239

Arsenal continuing their good run with beating one of the best teams in the world, and it feels goooooooooood! now we can only wait for the return match at nou camp, and I will lie awake at night thinking about what happened last time we visited the grand stadium in Barcelona. we are also putting up a good show in the premier league for once, although the 4-4 draw against Newcastle was a bitter pill to swallow.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:24 am

wicked to beat the spanish ponces (messi aside)...as they are probably the best football team in the world, and i mean the best if they played in a league against all club and national teams...i was very pleased for the gooners...however, as you know, its extremely unlikely that they will get through to the next round. Strange how messi seems unlucky on english soil.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:55 am

I took in the first half of the Wales v England match last night. I was very impressed with the movement and general shape of the team, although it must be said, we were playing against a very poor welsh team, who were lacking the second of their only two classy players (bale). still...the passing, movement, comfort on the ball, were all high quality. It took Wales 30 minutes to even work the ball into the final third...the second goal was beautiful. Johnson's pass and brilliant running and delivery from Young. Encouraging signs...the younger players coming through are wicked.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm stoned, still a little drunk, and greatly enjoying the Arsenal v Blackburn game. Its a different beast, of course, to the general range of sensations seen in not just most Juve games, but in italian football more generally. I grew up with it, played in a similar style as a kid and into the manchild years of my 20s.

Arsenal's defence, including their goalkeeper, are wretched. But the movement, loveliness on the ball and delightful technique of the midfield and attack, is at times, pure poetry. Van Persie is a world class footballer, and when he is fit, and match sharp, he is near to always a joy to watch...especially against the likes of Blackburn.

The only players I have ever wanted, for Juve, from the premiership are Cantona and for the last half decade, Rooney. I would also add in Van Persie to that list. Not on the basis of this one showing, but on the brilliant form he has shown since regained match sharpness and a decent run of injury free fitness.

It was his part in the third goal which seemed impeccable...also the footwork and poise shown earlier when making space, with two defenders nearby, for a chip to the far corner...that smarmy fuker mort kunt pederson scored a amazing free kick, absolutely stunning...only the likes of billy buffon or yashin could have hoped to save such a perfect delivery.

The Givet challenge was a disgrace, but also wonderful! Its worth sacrificing a player to take a vicious studs first swipe, through the ankles of an injury prone demi-god of the game. Bravo! Gael Givet...what a terrible name!

Even the ref got crunched...the icing on a delicious cake. All we need now is for blackburn to muscle in a goal, henry to appear alongside van persie...likely wont happen unfortunately as I concluded that Henry was signed mainly, but not exclusively, to give VP a break at times, NOT to likely form, and be given the chance to form, a partnership of sorts.

A shame...I am sure the two would mesh well.

we should buy van persie if arsenal dont qualify for the champions league, and we do...as well as jovetic of course. And then have Vidal play as nothing more than a bullish bodyguard to the dutchman. As he does to some degree, presently to Pirlo. Those two are wonderful to have side by side. Guile, craftsmanship of the highest order, calmness...alongside youthful exuberance, top drawer stamina, and a delight in playing the hellhound...

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:40 pm

the problem with RVP and Henry in the same team is that they play the same style, the goalgetter who has the last touch. what is needed is another supportive midfielder like Nani and Fabregas was. Arteta is good, but not the same class as these dirty traitors. I would love to see modric with an Arsenal in top form.